Harrier has return?

Silver_Dragon

Mmmm, good stuff, I know most people say this about just about every plane that gets released, but truly out of all the jets I used to perv at as a kid, this was the one I always wanted to take home and marry.

• Like 1

Well, once RAZBAM get past the dreaming phase and actually produce a module, I'll get all excited...

We were talking about their stuff - including a Harrier - when we were also discussing the mouthwatering and yet also very elusive prospect of a MiG-21. Enough said?

It would be an excellent addition. I suspect however, that VEAO will be the first team to release a Harrier, and that will be the UK Sea Harrier version.

Deck landings, in a South Atlantic swell, after an encounter viffing with Sky Hawks over Goose Green. Oh my!

Well, once RAZBAM get past the dreaming phase and actually produce a module, I'll get all excited...

We were talking about their stuff - including a Harrier - when we were also discussing the mouthwatering and yet also very elusive prospect of a MiG-21. Enough said?

+1!

giphy.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Awesome.

I need the Harrier and some actual amphibious/air cushion landing craft and LVTP-7's and a WASP class ship that can use water way-points and carry and unload troops.

Then we can create a realistic 1991 MP scenario without these wacky scenarios with all aircraft on both sides. Tactics ect.. may make some happy for MP but I am sure many people do not bother with MP as most of the scenarios mix "realistic" aircraft of sim quality with completely un-plausable scenarios.

There is a pretty realistic, balanced and "plausible" Georgia 1991 "What if" MP mission that can be put together but it must leave out the A-10c. The AV-8 can help a little to balance it out further till an MP AH-64 is finished.

Edited by Chromius

We have the Harrier in DCSW for quite some time now,but i was not satisfied with the exterior mesh, which meant a complete rework, hence the M2000C going forward, same goes for the A-7, we had an exterior model but a marginal cockpit, now the A-7 is moving ahead as we are about to finish a complete rework.

Regarding the T-2, it´s paused, until further notice.

Keep in mind that we produce for 3 different platforms, while 2 of them are extremely similar (fsx/P3d), DCSW is not, and while we do have DSC as a priority, FSX/P3D is what´s oiling the RAZBAM gears,mainly due to the fact we do have 12 yrs developing for the MSFS series, we expect that to change in a near future..

Best regards

Prowler

We have the Harrier in DCSW for quite some time now,but i was not satisfied with the exterior mesh, which meant a complete rework, hence the M2000C going forward, same goes for the A-7, we had an exterior model but a marginal cockpit, now the A-7 is moving ahead as we are about to finish a complete rework.

Keep in mind that we produce for 3 different platforms, while 2 of them are extremely similar (fsx/P3d), DCSW is not, and while we do have DSC as a priority, FSX/P3D is what´s oiling the RAZBAM gears,mainly due to the fact we do have 12 yrs developing for the MSFS series, we expect that to change in a near future..

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler can you share anything on the progress of the avionics and systems for the Harrier and Corsair?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Best regards

Prowler

I can certainly understand that FSX/P3D are where the money is right now. Your presence in the DCS stable would be excellent however, and I have a feeling this market will grow exponentially when DCS World 2.0 brings with it the next generation of graphics. I am sure that once you have your first release, the coding from that one will give you an excellent platform going forwards. And of course, the more modules we see, the more likely the FSX crowd will be to migrate. As far as I can see, all FSX will have over DCS World then would be the expanse of airspace available, and even that will change over time.

I wish you every success, despite my pessimistic comments earlier in the thread.

And of course, the more modules we see, the more likely the FSX crowd will be to migrate. As far as I can see, all FSX will have over DCS World then would be the expanse of airspace available, and even that will change over time.

There's a lot more to it than that, though. FSX has infrastructure, DCS does not. DCS needs decent ATC for a start.

Enough said. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

There's a lot more to it than that, though. FSX has infrastructure, DCS does not. DCS needs decent ATC for a start.

The ATC is being completely overhauled in DCS World 2.0, which is the point where Razbam will arrive anyway. What do you mean by infrastructure? Ground controlled intercepts? AWACS? Or do you just mean the add ons like airports etc?

Please excuse the thread drift here.