LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.1

Seems OK, I still managed to get the zoom bug once, but it's stopped bothering me.

Same here, but only once as well.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DArt,

yesterday we tested your Univers Radio. Here some feedback for improvement.

Reason No.1 for testing your tool is the cabability to interact with LotATC. The second reason is a bug (TS3 spam error) with Aries Radio. Sadly, we had this bug with UR, as well.

+ You can switch the radios in the external radio panel via clicking the 1 or 2 (for the F-15C). Could you implement a hotkey version which work ingame?

+ The skin of the panel looks like Counterstrike 1.0, maybe you could improve this, too.

+ The installation was fine and easy, the control panels are easy to use, as well. But some labels are difficult to understand, it reads like a little bit French and English mixed.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the feedback, I will transfer it to Tacno (developer of Univers Radio).

A better skin is currently in progress by a 3rd-wing guy ;)

For the hotkey, I will ask Tacno, as I am using UR with LotAtc or with my A-10C, I am not sure to give the good response for that. :)

Hi DArt,

We've used this version a little more now and the stability is all fine. Only bug other than the occasional scroll crash (2 in six hours) is that for some reason I see an aspect occasionally written as "FR" instead of "C" - I presume this is FROID.

I did have a break from LotATC and I thought about if I could have one wish with it, what would be that wish? Really it's easy to ask, perhaps not easy to perform, but here it is.

In crowded environments, latching on to units to create a persistent BRAA can be tricky, and I find I need to setup quickly now. Typically the request for a bogey dope needs the ABM to check the nearest bandit is still what he thought it was, initially at the first call, we don't always have it hooked. So my wish is to revisit the method for RCTRL+RCLICK on one unit and RCLICK another so that it is faster, easier and clearer. The basic problem is that sometimes clicking you can't get the circle to appear for a few clicks and this can be frustrating when you are in a rush!

if I can bring a suggested method too, to help discussion and thoughts, perhaps to build on the glowing circle idea, instead to snap the glowing circle to the nearest contact under the click for immediate feedback rather than having to hit the contact in the way the UI currently prefers which is "hit and miss" to use an English pun ;)

An additional thought - you implemented a great unit list box in the v1.0 RC...why not allow the BRAA to be created from there too?! Just find the two units you want to draw a BRAA from in that list box and perform the same CTRL+RCLick and drag operation. It's a little bit like the method used in the game called EVE online.

Going further...there is an opportunity with a lot more coding to automate some of this (why not, it's a computer!) If this was my baby I'd be inclined to automate the bogey dope on all friendlies (select the friendly then the BRAA for the nearest bandit has been worked out) You could filter this based on how you have identified the contact (set to enemy and it fills the BRAA, set to unknown BRAA no longer autofilled) The processing is client side, the updates may have to be tuned but something should be achievable. There's already LUA scripts for doing automatic bogey dopes and that's server side!

Finally, some alerts for a new Popup group would be useful (if you are zoomed in) and if you think all that is easy how about keeping a PICTURE permanently on the screen? Enemy contacts in three miles are a group, the bullseye is already known, write out the very basic of pictures, how many groups, give them basic labels of cardinal directions with some quick maths, the ABM can read the picture and add his fillers to flesh out the picture.

Yep, I know, my imagination runs wild, but it is based on practical and achievable code and is my best thoughts on how to enhance the product :)

I'm not sure how much is automated IRL, but you never know, you might win a defence contract out of it if you added automation in a useful way!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thanks Pikey for this great feedback !

For FR, it is Flanking Right (aspect of the contact). There is also FL for Flanking Left.

I add your ideas to my todo list, I am always interested in new ones!

The final release is a been delayed, the company where I work has been bought by a big American company and last weeks was very very busy, it is a great news for us but take lot of time... :)

I hope to be able to release the RC2 version in some days with some fixes (like BRAA on labels that does not more work on the RC1).

Yeah don't worry about the wall of text suggestions really, its all enhancement type things but I'm good at working with developers to bring value to the customer. Save them all up for looking at later in the year. good luck with thew acquisition, they can be painful!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does LOTATC weather info note the wind's direction to where it's blowing TO or where it's blowing FROM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Does LOTATC weather info note the wind's direction to where it's blowing TO or where it's blowing FROM?

Clients are able to display DCS mission data: time, weather (if static), Bullseye... [new in 0.9.0]

http://www.lotatc.com/projects/lotatc/wiki/Features

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I think it's "from" (as in RL) and not "to" (as in DCS editor).

I even think it's written on the weather tab (or was it in an older version?)

Not at home at the moment, so it's from the top of my (rather empty) head ;)

spacer.png