DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

Doh... I should probably give you an updated version.... You make me feel guilty I haven't touched it in a while.... Dang p51 is a jealous mistress

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 6 is LIVE: MISSION DESIGN

Grimes and Graywo1f join the podcast to discuss mission design.

Take a listen here: Episode 6: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?286-The-476th-Podcast-Episode-6

The ridiculously multi-talented Graywo1f and Grimes join me to discuss mission design within DCS. Get to know them and how they approach design with the mission editor as well as external scripts. It's a great listen, even if you've never approached mission editing yourself.

As always, please enjoy!

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awwww Yissss! Thanks for having us on Dojo! Fantastic work! I Enjoyed myself as I Love talking about this stuff :) Glad I could help on the commercials too! :D hope people enjoy haha

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Just listened to Episode 6, great stuff! I explored a lot of the mission scripting environment out of curiosity, but never ended up making missions myself because I didn't really know what to build. After listening to this, I might give this a try again if I ever find the time.

At the end you mentioned that you would really like a 3D editor. Are you aware of DCS Witchcraft? It's not a full-featured editor, but it does allow you to adjust positions of existing units and static objects in the 3D view. Skip to about 9:30 in the tutorial video to see it in action.

In another project of mine, the browser-based mission planner, I explored the second thing you mentioned at the end -- planning your mission before you fly it. It works (you plan the mission, then download the modified .miz file), but I stopped working on it because I got frustrated with the limitations of the current scripting engine (no way to alter client waypoints during the mission). Although in combination with DCS-BIOS, you could think of a client app that would type it into your CDU for you... if only I didn't need to eat I could spend two or three years tinkering with DCS non-stop.

Though our comments were more referring to our interest in having said features be included in the sim.

graywo1fg, Do you think that such a feature is likely in the short term? If so that is great news. Otherwise I see a LOT of wishing for features on these forums and only a few genies appearing and granting wishes.

I'm using Ian's tools at the moment and the LUA console included in DCS Witchcraft is literally a game changer. See what I did there ;) *you can change the live game via console*

Another cool Podcast Dojo. You keep bringing it!

Thanks all

@Ian, I use to use the mission planner as a briefing tool when part of a previous squadron. It was clever, though when it was abandoned, we stopped using it. I certainly understand how changes in DCS can make it difficult for a 3rd party to maintain the integrity of their mods and add-ons.

Again, this is the reason native support for such essential tools is desired. But I'm certainly grateful for your effort and the ideas it inspired. I'm going to be playing with Witchcraft soon. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice podcast, do you know Auphonic? Its a post production audio enhancement service using different techniques like automatic leveling, noise reduction etc. started as a research project at the university of Graz. Just check out their samples. Great if someone has not the time or knowledge to do audio post production by hand. This service will help to improve the quality especially when using skype oder teamspeak connections! There is a free account including 'enhancement' of 2 hours audio/month.

In addition, you could check out the Podlove project

Keep on!

F4l0

DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Well, now that you menion it, the latest episode doesn't have the volume of all speakers normalised like the last few eps. did. The volume of both guest speakers was slightly louder than your own voice.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Well, now that you menion it, the latest episode doesn't have the volume of all speakers normalised like the last few eps. did. The volume of both guest speakers was slightly louder than your own voice.

Yep. Same here...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Folks -

There's been an extreme delay in these, due to real life stepping on my neck for the past month or so, haven't even been in the pit! Rest assured, the 476th Podcast lives. I've actually had an episode recorded for a month now, that I just haven't had time to finish and release.

Thanks for your patience, and I'm looking to implement a scheduled release period going forward to help me organize a bit better. Stay tuned and thanks for listening.

-dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Folks -

There's been an extreme delay in these, due to real life stepping on my neck for the past month or so, haven't even been in the pit! Rest assured, the 476th Podcast lives. I've actually had an episode recorded for a month now, that I just haven't had time to finish and release.

Thanks for your patience, and I'm looking to implement a scheduled release period going forward to help me organize a bit better. Stay tuned and thanks for listening.

-dojo

We're looking forward to it. :)

Folks -

-dojo

Keep up the great work Dojo, I really enjoy these podcasts. I understand that it can be hard juggling everything with RL compitments, good things take time ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Member of AEF | 161 SQN

3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Designer, Flight Simmer:joystick:

Check out my liveries :http://www.jrolfedesign.com/texture.html

PC Specs:i7 3770k @ 4.3Ghz, EVGA GTX1080ti Black Edition, 16GB Adata XPG 2133Mhz, 1x 128GB SSD [OS and work programs], 1x 240GB SSD [DCS World install], 1x 2TB HDD [Data and games], 1x 500GB HDD [Video recording], VKB Gladiator Joystick

• 5 weeks later...

Had to check in and make sure my favorite podcast was still alive. I found it a bit late and then binge listened which was a bad idea. Now I have withdrawal.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had to check in and make sure my favorite podcast was still alive. I found it a bit late and then binge listened which was a bad idea. Now I have withdrawal.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Beast, thank you very much for the reply. I actually flew with my squadron for the first time in 2+ months 2 days ago, so I'm getting back slowly but surely.

Going to try to get the next episode will be out no later than this coming Monday. It's been recorded, but unfinished for over 2 months! I don't *believe* the content is stale, and I'm super appreciative for the patience of my guests on that episode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 7 is LIVE: LotATC

DArt and ANE join the podcast to discuss LotATC

Take a listen here: Episode 7: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?287-476th-Podcast-Episode-7

The wonderfully patient and community supportive DArt (http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=55442) of 3rd Wing is joined by the dedicated ANE of the 132nd Virtual Wing to discuss human air controlled traffic using the LotATC plugin for DCS world.

I'd like to extend a special apology to both DArt and ANE for the extreme delay of this episode. They were kind enough to lend us their time, and I unfortunately had a completely unforeseen set of personal delays.

I hope all will appreciate the episode and checkout LotATC, it's just pretty F&(*cking cool software!

**This episode's commercial is written by Dojo and Tigercat

Next episode is already underway folks!

As always, please enjoy!

Edited by Dojo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]