X-55 Profiles For DCS World by Infernus

Welcome to my X-55 profile thread, feel free to leave comments and suggestions as I am by no means an ace.

I will be updating this with profiles for FC3, Mig-21, F-86 and Su-25T soon as well as any other modules I pick up.

To use these profiles copy the .pr0 file to *:\Users\Public\Documents\Mad Catz\X-55 Rhino and activate it in the X-55 Rhino software.

Next copy the .diff.lua files to *:\Users\"your username"\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input.

Fire up DCS World and load the .dif.lua's to the corresponding devices in DCS and you're ready to go.

You should not need to reload profiles in DCS, see spoilered images for more help.

pYtzas7.png

26k0rYo.png

To use the head tracker pause and reset buttons you must set these hotkeys in Track IR or Open Track.

R-Ctrl R-Shift F12 for HT Reset

R-Ctrl R-Shift F11 for HT Pause

For printable versions see this Post

Update 2/7/15

Reconfigured the Slew to be uniform and a macro for better performance in all profiles.

Ka-50: Swapped Target Lock and Uncage Shkval to allow Shkval slew use while holding Target Lock.

Update 2/10/15

Ka-50: Swapped hat switches so all Shkval controls are useable while holding target lock.

Update 2/26/15

Pitch Roll Yaw deadzone and curve settings are now the same on all planes [Ka-50 has more curve] (tweak to your liking)

Pressing the flaps switch up toggles up and down, down is always landing flaps [except on A-10C] (changed due to some planes having more than just up/landing position and no dedicated up/down switches)

Update 5/28/15

Removed Macro from some binds to eliminate keyspam/BSOD

X-55 Ka-50 Profile by Infernus.zip

mjZsOrx.png

X-55 A-10C Profile by Infernus.zip

tdD1ou8.png

Edited by infernus1986
  • Like 1

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FC3 Aircraft Profiles

Need a post just for all the FC3 aircraft :joystick:

Update 2/11/15

Added Su-33 and Mig-29 profiles

Fixed instrument lights switch FC3

Update 2/26/15

Added Su-25 and A-10A

Update 5/28/15

Removed Macro from some binds to eliminate keyspam/BSOD

X-55 A-10A Profile by Infernus.zip

S56BAQ5.png

X-55 F-15C Profile by Infernus.zip

MD4ypVq.png

X-55 Su-25 Profile by Infernus.zip

pUDS4nd.png

X-55 Su-27 Su-33 Mig-29 Profiles by Infernus.zip

ZrpThnJ.png

Edited by infernus1986

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice share:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Great! Thanks a lot for sharing this!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Thanks for the Profiles there M8te, looking forward to trying them out over the next few days. Any chance you would be doing any of the remaining modules, Have them all to date..and I suck at putting together effective profiles :)

Thanks for the work you put into this Infernus, and for the share as well. Wondering if you will be doing the 190...109... and Sabre as well in the future?

Currently I only have the modules in my sig so I can't do the ones I don't have, I do plan on doing all the DCS modules eventually when time and funds allow.

So many aircraft to learn such little time:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks so much for taking the time to make and upload these.

Quick question I tried to print that out. and I got a heavy black background. is there anyway I can tell my printer to not print a black background?

I tried gray scale and it still did it. so not sure

Wow I bet that used a lot of ink :no_sad:

Printable versions are something I can do, originally I sized these 1024x600 for my tablet.

I could look into making larger print versions in the future.

Until then have these black and white versions.

X-55 Print Profiles.zip

3yl1s2l.png

yAAkv93.png

JOkvUQv.png

o4SUt44.png

otgumfd.png

RKY4oYg.png

Edited by infernus1986

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

infernous. perhaps you can help. when I loaded this profile. and looked at all the mappings. half the stuff is missing. that you have marked on the printable page. the gears, flaps, throttles none of them work. its weird.

I tried a different profile from someone else and it works just fine.

Its the a10 C one

infernous. perhaps you can help. when I loaded this profile. and looked at all the mappings. half the stuff is missing. that you have marked on the printable page. the gears, flaps, throttles none of them work. its weird.

I tried a different profile from someone else and it works just fine.

Its the a10 C one

Just downloaded and tested to be sure, works fine.

Make sure to select the A-10C Sim, select all tab, then use clear category button to clear any old binds you may have in DCS for both X-55 devices and any other devices not being used.

Also be sure to load the stick profile to the X-55 stick device and the throttle to the throttle, if you hover your mouse over the device name at the top it will popup the full name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

See after I had to have someone show me where this thread went to, it pops up on the first page. Maybe I was just being slow.

Well I now have the money for my x55 and might be able to buy the combat pedals and a used trackir 4. Maybe I can actually learn the sim the right way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See after I had to have someone show me where this thread went to, it pops up on the first page. Maybe I was just being slow.

Well I now have the money for my x55 and might be able to buy the combat pedals and a used trackir 4. Maybe I can actually learn the sim the right way.

Having headtracking and the X-55 made DCS a lot more playable for me now I need to get a big monitor.

Pedals are not really necessary with the X-55 because the stick has twist, its not great but it works.

All you should need to do is unbind the yaw from the stick under axis settings and bind it to your pedals and possibly analog toe brakes for the planes that have them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dumb question. Are these saved into the game, or do I have to load for each aircraft I am flying? Ie will I have to change the saitek software every time?

You do have to select the plane with the Saitek software, easiest way is to right click the tray icon and select the profile, DCS should remember the controls but you can re save them to be sure.

Also updated the Print profiles added Su-25 A-10A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deeplodokus

hello!

i've got a x55 too, your profiles for su27/su33/mig29 helped me get ideas for my profile!

not sure if the following is common knowledge or not... in doubt i'll post :)

i use the HUD program because i wanna make use of the M1/M2/M3 selector

i've had 2 problems with the HUD program:

1. by default, cannot create a shift modifier on the stick (or throttle). or well, you can, but you need to sacrify a whole "mode" column and in HUD you can't create a "mode" column... but there is a way to add a "mode" column: backup your pr0 file, edit it, find the "stick" section (as opposed to the "throttle" section), and add a block similar to what follows here:

[list=1]
[*][shift=952c5f2c-9187-4327-9132-32ea022f0d6a name=Mode4
[*]          [selectionset
[*]            [buttoncombo
[*]              [buttonhid=0x00090011]]]]
[/list]

it's probably easier to do this on a relatively clean template so that it's easier to locate where that block of "code" should go. the stuff after shift= was taken from an existing key in my pr0 file and i just modified the last character

once done, reload the pr0 file, and customise your new mode! you can then select a "mode X" button + say "pinky" to be able to use the pinky as a modifier!

2. TeamSpeak3 causes HUD to generate "ghost" keypresses or multiple key presses on the stick/throttle. to remedy this, what i did is, in TS3, settings/options/hotkeys, select "keyboard & mouse only", then i found a key combination that isn't used in any aircraft or in any general situation in DCS and assigned it to speaking in TS3 and binded it in HUD

hope this helps!

Guest deeplodokus

and my question for you Infernus (+ others if you know!): how do you generate your beautiful printable stick/throttle with description? the print button in HUD generates a poor lousy list of commands in a cheap table... :noexpression:

thanks!