Aries Radio System

towsim

@Boris,

it is hard to determine the reason from a distance. Please send the log files from your crash session to

support@ariescon.com

You find the required files at:

C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\AriesRadio\AriesRadioLog_log.html

and

\DCS World\AriesWings\logs\AriesAirborneRadio_log.html

I will answer as soon as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Towsim - I was able to resolve the remaining Teamspeak crashing issues for the other members. Also, this includes the minor but annoying issue where the export.lua isn't detected using the TS3 menu. The two previous members who were having problems are now working (without the new DLL).

***NOTE: These steps should be followed as a last resort, if you've tried everything and can't get Aries to work***

Below is instructions for what I did, and hopefully it saves Towsim and team some headaches if folks do the following first. I am not going to explain why these steps are important, and if you have a deep understanding of windows, some won't be. BUT... if you keep having problems... just follow everything. This is consistently working for the most problematic cases in my group.

Steps:

Aries Version: 1.970 Beta

As we have a tremendous amount of variation within our Operating Systems and configurations, your mileage may vary. But at this point, I'm able to get everyone working by doing the following. DO NOT SKIP STEPS.

1. Uninstall Aries using the Control Panel. (nothing needs to be done before uninstalling. NO NEED to turn off the plugin first in TS)

2. Delete ANY Aries directories you have. Typically found in the following places:

a) C:\Program Files\AriesWings\

b) C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\AriesWings (or wherever you have DCS installed)

3. Go to your registry, using run command -> regedit and go here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node. DELETE the AriesWings folder.

4. UNINSTALL Teamspeak. (no need to check delete configuration, leave it alone)

5. Make sure Teamspeak is completely deleted here: C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client (or wherever you previously installed TS)

6. DELETE your export.lua from c:\users\<your user name>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts. It will be automatically generated when Aries is reinstalled. NOTE: If you're using Tacview, I also recommend uninstalling tacview, and re-installing once we're done here. You will not lose your ACMI files by uninstalling Tacview.

Now that we're clean, do the following

7. **If you have an NVidia card, make sure you have the latest drivers. I'm not going into why this is important, just do it.

8. Re-install TeamSpeak 3.0.16 by RIGHT CLICKING the installer and installing as ADMIN

9. After installation. Right click the Teamspeak shortcut icon, and go to properties, compatibility, and set it to run as admin. Do this for all users as well, as depending on your OS AND settings, TS may run in a different user context.

10. Install Aries by right clicking the setup and running as admin. Follow the install steps, ensuring it's pointing to the correct directories.

11. DO NOT LAUNCH ARIES WHEN YOU'RE DONE INSTALLING BY CLICKING THE CONFIGURATOR. WE WILL COME TO IT.

12. Launch Teamspeak, go to Settings -> Plugins. At a minimum, Aries, AppScanner, and ClientQuery should be checked. For all others, you know if you're using G15s, etc, and if this is needed.

13. Back on the TS menu bar, Check the Plugins -> Aries Radio -> Export.lua entry on/off feature. It should be working now, and showing Aries as Connected to DCS World.

14. Now close TS, right click the Aries Configurator -> properties, and set it to run as administrator.

15. Now launch the configurator, it will build. Configure your PTTs as necessary.

16. Test.

17.* don't forget to re-install Tacview, if you removed it.

Again... these steps have worked for even the most frustrating installations within the 476.

@Towsim now that we're stabilizing at the 476th, we still stress test (10+ users) when able, and report back. So far, so good though.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Dojo

I am happy, that you brought the things to run.The problem I have to fight with is, that 5 applications are involved and an unknown environment on the target computer. Each can cause an error. Therefore the method you used ensures a clean setup in any case. But I think the normal user should use it as plan Z, if nothing else helps. In most of the cases it helps, if the user follows the installation guide carefully. But even here, it cannot be predicted what complicated environment resides on a target computer to ensure an automated installation. Nevertheless, thank you for your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Dojo

I am happy, that you brought the things to run.The problem I have to fight with is, that 5 applications are involved and an unknown environment on the target computer. Each can cause an error. Therefore the method you used ensures a clean setup in any case. But I think the normal user should use it as plan Z, if nothing else helps. In most of the cases it helps, if the user follows the installation guide carefully. But even here, it cannot be predicted what complicated environment resides on a target computer to ensure an automated installation. Nevertheless, thank you for your post.

I wholeheartedly agree, the variables are numerous. I agree so much, that I'll edit my post to include the fact that my proposed "solution" should only be used as a last resort. Even I myself did not need half of those steps to stabilize. I hope you (and anyone else) reading this doesn't assume I'm suggesting that my steps are the only proper way to install Aries.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, Aries works for me, with 10+ pilots on the server last night, I had two TS3 crashes. All reports were sent to Towsim who's on it as we speak.

Great dedication and open communication, the only way to customer satisfaction. You guys rock!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

On my system I have trouble getting Aries 1.970 Beta to work on W7 64bit.

The first problem was that the installer (setup.exe as admin) required msvcr100.dll. Placing this file in the in directory that had setup.exe fixed this.

The second problem was that the DCS configurator would not run until I put msvcr100.dll in windows/system32 (though the OS is 64bit).

With these issues fixed the problem is with TS3, where it says the Aries plugin cannot be loaded.

Any help to fix this last issue would be greatly appreciated.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

great! Last version work! thanks ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

@Case

The need for msvcr100.dll comes up only if you do not update to the latest .NET framework. You can even install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 or 2012 (x64) redistributables (free download from Microsoft) to solve the problem.

For the TeamSpeak problem check the following:

· Check for the latest TeamSpeak Client version3.0.14 or newer. Versions below have another internal API. They would reject the Aries DLL.

· Make sure, that no other radio plugin is active in TeamSpeak

· The AriesRadio.DLL must be activated. See: Menu Settings/plugins (check mark for Aries Radio set)

· TeamSpeak must be the 64 Bit version.

· TeamSpeak must always be started with administrator rights (the same applies for the installer)

If it does not work, contact me on support@ariescon.com. I will try to solve your problem.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear Aries users,

we found a bug in the handling of the A10 intercom panel. The current version crashes if the rotary switch is set to INT. We solved the bug already internally, but cannot publish a bug release for the moment. To avoid the crash, please do not set the rotary switch to INT with Aries Radio active.

Sorry…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again... these steps have worked for even the most frustrating installations within the 476.

@Towsim now that we're stabilizing at the 476th, we still stress test (10+ users) when able, and report back. So far, so good though.

Thanks for your help.

Dojo, your checklist worked for me! I got Aries window finally being rendered now and reacting to warthog mic switch controls, what was my problem. Did complete reinstall as you have shown, yet skipped TS3 re-installation, although Aries plug-in this time was already next beta version.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I and my friends just tried Aries, installed properly and then tested. First impression was very good. But soon after followed first complications. Is started to crash DCS when connecting to server, for me DCS crash when disconnecting from server, big problems with TS. In the end we decide that it is very sensitive to everything around and therefore very unstable. But when all these problems will be solved, it could be very good software. The main problem now is that we cannot afford to solve these faults at every single user of our community counting about 30 players.

Is started to crash DCS when connecting to server, for me DCS crash when disconnecting from server, big problems with TS. In the end we decide that it is very sensitive to everything around and therefore very unstable.

Similiar issues here, just watching the development phase and awaiting the solution to those crashes.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Dear Aries user,

tonight we delivered the version 1.973 to some selected beta testers. What we saw in or internal test and even tonight with the beta testers, the most annoying bugs are repaired.We will observe this version for another week before we publish it to the normal users. The following bugs were repaired:

• The rotary selector of the A10C intercom panel is repaired.
  • An internal mutex bug is repaired. It caused repeatedly entries in the log file.
  • The reason for the TeamSpeak kick off was found in a wrong message string for the protocol file.
  • Protocols are deactivated by default from this version on. In case of trouble, if a protocol output is needed, it can be activated with the configurator program.
  • The information window in the TeamSpeak accepts 128 chars for the client information only. To avoid crashes, the assembled string is cut so to have a maximum length of 128. This situation comes up only, if a GossipBox user activates more than 6 frequencies at a time.
  • The Eavesdropper was repaired. It caused a crash sometimes at mission end.

Thank you for your patience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to all of your team.

Your work is priceless. Great times coming thanks to Aries Software.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Aries TS plug-in seems not compatible with my 5.1 sound-cards output forcing me to put TS output on stereo-HDMI TV speakers (2.0).

TS with Aries output on my 5.1 output on my mainboard or on PCIEx card, causes hearing loss ;) In other words, I can't hear people talking when I output via my 5.1 setups (speakers or headphones), just some clicks. I can hear people talking only on stereo HDMI output by Nvidia to my two-speaker TV.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

@Shamandgg

I just had a look to the channel distribution. In theory it could be possible, that the 5.1 setting could have a strange channel configuration. On the other hand, we have users with 5.7 setting, without any problem. I will try to setup 5.1 in my environment. Then I will see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is all very exciting. tried v1.970, seems to work as far as I can tell for the KA50, Huey and Mi8, but crashes DCS with FC3 aircraft. Can't load Briefing is the error I get. Otherwise, this will be such a great addition!

Edited by Tonmeister

What I can read between the lines, you get this message at the end of a mission after a DCS crash? I would recommend to wait on the next release which should be expected on Friday, Jan 30th. A lot of startup and mission end issues are solved there in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the error occurs at the very start of the mission. tested using instant action in the SU27 and F15. then tried creating a clean mission from the editor with nothing else other than the player aircraft (su27 and again the f15) same error and dcs crashes. Went through the same process, but with the Ka50 and then Huey inserted, and no problems.

Also for my own knowledge and for future reference, will commenting out the entry in the export script disable the execution of the application incase problems persist?

// dofile("./AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac")

many thanks!

The crash at the begin is a startup timing bug, which effects only some computers. It was never observed in our development environment but was reported by beta testers. The bug is fixed meanwhile for the next release.

You can activate/deactivate the Export.lua entry out of the TeamSpeak menu:

Plugins/Aries Radio/Export.lua entry on/off

If you want to do it manually, you should use two minus chars (--) to comment the entry out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Towsim,

Thanks for a great app that really is a-must-have for every virtual squadron out there.

I have noticed one problem / issue which I think was partly touched here, but never fully addressed. I am building a lot of missions, but instead of using "sound to" option, I use "radio transmission" for the AI flights, which works in a similar way, but the text of such transmission is visible on the left side of the screen, and - most importantly - to hear it you actually have to have your radio tuned in to correct frequency.

And here is where the problems begin - in MP, whenever we use Aries, radio transmissions are audible to only one person (sometimes two), usually the one hosting the mission or flying as number 1. The others just don't hear it. It is similar to the problem with communicating with the ATC / Tanker and perhaps the roots are the same. Has anyone else turn your attention to this?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been addressed!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

The sound output from DCS and that of TS3 is completely different. Aries Radio uses TS3 for the sound output. This can only be influenced with the sound properties in the TS3 options dialog or with the volume sliders in the Aries Radio panel.The sound output of TS3 can be fed into any device independent of DCS. So it is possible to hear the Aries Radio communication in the head phones and the DCS radio calls, DCS cockpit noise and engine sound may come from external speakers. It is even possible to feed TS3 output and DCS output in one and the same device. To hear the DCS radio calls you have to adjust the volume control of the widows output device, the volume control in the DCS options menu and last not least the volume control of the cockpit boxes . The latter may suppress all receptions if the box volume was below a certain level. This can happen because of an Aries bug on mission start. You need to move the volume slider of the Aries Radio panel once to raise the output volume.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]