LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.1

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just test with DCS in 1.2.12 + beta4 and it works well...

Have you do your test with DCS OpenBeta?

local client connecting to local server, only one time not crashed, others crashed.

both client and server installed, dcs windowed mode

no mod installed

It never crashed when connecting to my friend's PC (only server installed on his PC)

but when connecting to my friend's PC, it always said bad password. However, I just used the default ones.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

If any (EU) squad is looking for a full time GCI controller, i may be available for that during a few month.

I'm currently moving back to France near my family, after 5 years in Belgium. This involve the destruction of my home cockpit, and eventually i will not be able to fly for a long period since most of my gear will stay in Belgium, until I find a new job and place to stay.

But I don't plan to drop off DCS activities since I'm a junky which need his daily fix of DCS. I already own a copy of LoATC, and i may be able to show up on CA too.

If any squad need a dedicated controller, I'd be delighted to make your game even more real. This can be either in English or French.

Let me know via PM.

local client connecting to local server, only one time not crashed, others crashed.

both client and server installed, dcs windowed mode

no mod installed

It never crashed when connecting to my friend's PC (only server installed on his PC)

but when connecting to my friend's PC, it always said bad password. However, I just used the default ones.

Have you try with different missions? Perhaps something badly manage inside...

Could you send me some logs?

Thx

Have you try with different missions? Perhaps something badly manage inside...

Could you send me some logs?

Thx

Yep, I have tried different missions. Same happened.

I've sent u an email including log and dump files.

It succeeded once, but I don't know why it succeeded at that time :doh:.

LotAtc crash Logs.zip

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 weeks later...
;2272559']Thanks for the hard work DArt' date=' we will test this in the next day or two and get back to you :D[/quote']

Hi Maverick,

Will your sever be with LotAtc available all the time? Can I have the connect info for test purpose?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dart,

We have been seeing issues with duplicate/ghosted contacts for human controlled aircraft on our server. It seems that each time a pilot joins a new "track" is created for them, but the old tracks from previous missions are also present. Often leading to people having 3 or more tracks all overlapping, making reading the labels and determining aircraft/flight numbers near impossible and it's even more of a problem when players have ghost tracks from both red and blue. See the attached screen captures for examples.

Any ideas on how we can solve this one? The issue goes away after the server is restarted, but with us often running a single scenario for two weeks or more that's not really ideal.

543621773_lotatc2015-01-0318-30-12-85.thumb.png.b547011127e8b6e9161b019a23ca6ab2.png

1249689898_lotatc2015-01-0318-50-00-33.thumb.png.4a1afa8955c7d48c061b09c542a2b0ce.png

Edited by Eddie
Added screen capture

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes beta 6, also noticed it in the last v0.9 version as well.

Also just to confirm, this is with both DCS clients and the lotatc clients connecting to the same server and mission instance multiple times.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hi Maverick,

Will your sever be with LotAtc available all the time? Can I have the connect info for test purpose?

Thanks

Sorry boats, didn't see this post till now. Its best to pm me with requests like this.

We ran a test with LotATC but ran into some troubles towards the end of our mission run time.

The programme works brilliantly for the first few hours, then it starts to eat away at our server FPS.

For maximum stability we're running our missions at 4 hours duration at the moment, after approx 3 hours LotATC starts to negatively affect the server FPS, which then causes client warping in mission so we disabled it for now.

We're going to continue to test it and provide the results to DArt as we love the software and are very keen to use it on a daily basis if we can, but this will take some time. We're not giving up on it and are in for the long haul as the end result will be worth waiting for.

Eventually we hope to provide Fighter Control to public clients on a daily basis or at the weekends on our TeamSpeak Server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Ok, if you disconnect, close and relaunch/connect LotAtc, have you always duplicate symbols?

Yes.

Spoiler

I was considering a purchase and wanted to ask two questions.

Can you point at a non plane object or ground and get a bullseye reference?

Can you add a marker object to the map? (perhaps a pilot went down or contact was last seen)

thanks.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Can you point at a non plane object or ground and get a bullseye reference?

Not yet, but it will coming soon, current 1.0.0 is in stabilisation, it will coming soon after this release.

However, at any time you have the bullseye value of the current mouse position (same bullseye than DCS).

Can you add a marker object to the map? (perhaps a pilot went down or contact was last seen)

Yes, you can make draws on map (point, text, polygon, circle...), and there is a trick, by doing Ctrl+Left click at any time, it will add a text marker at mouse position. :smilewink:

Note that you can try LotAtc before buying, there is a demo mode, see there: https://lotatc.dartsite.org/projects/lotatc/wiki/Download

I think I have fix the different problems around human pilots (double label, ghost, lags after a while). Has it is difficult to reproduce theses problem on my setup, I will prepare a 1.0.0-beta7 to be tested (in this week). Thanks for all for your help to stabilise the software.

The other good news is: you will be able to send chat messages to all pilots in your coalition only. And the best: you can send a message directly to one pilot by using the property tab in LotAtc ! I will add a mechanism to be able to send to the pilot BRAA that concerns him through the chat! (so each nth seconds, it willl have the BRAA displayed on top of its screen in DCS!). This is a first step, I have plenty of others idea with this feature :)

All of this will be in the beta7 ;)

• Like 1

Looking forward to the latest build, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been trying out Beta6 for a while. It crashes alot as reported. Often during zoom in and out.

Other than that i really like the new features with ATC glideslopes and all that. I also like that you added the feature i requested to assign any aircraft the AWACS role.

Looking forward to the next build.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Are you running LotATC as administrator? I found that when running it as normal user, selecting ILS would crash LotATC. However, running it as admin won't crash on selecting ILS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo