TM Warthog Gimbal Broke and Not Avalable any More

Back in September I was in contact with TM about the gimbal. Pictures and part numbers were exchanged then I got the email of doom.

"Kindly be informed there is no misunderstanding regarding the part.

This part is no longer available, we don't offer it as a spare part any more."

So Yeah been flying with the broken gimbal and just cant handle it any more. Going to use the strongest panel bonding glue around tomorrow as a last hope.

Any thoughts, suggestions or what have you I'm open to listening.

IMG_3205.thumb.JPG.43b0ce00d2928b200e7b441e93552ac9.JPG

AMD 955, Asus M4A79t, 12GB 1600 cas7 Mushkin red line and black line, EVGA 670 FTW, Samsung 840 SSD 250GB, Samsung spin point 620GB x3 extra storage.

how long you use the stick buddy and how did you broke it?

just curius...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

If you can get accurate enough images and dimensions of the broken part you could have it made in CAD and have a remplacement 3D Printed?

BR

Rich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.komodosimulations.co.uk

Latest review!! http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/dai/ks/ks.htm

FaceBook!!https://www.facebook.com/KomodoSimulations

Twitter https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Komodosim

how long you use the stick buddy and how did you broke it?

just curius...

Had it since the Warthog hotas came out. How it broke well that's a good question. It did fall over a year ago but not really sure.

If you can get accurate enough images and dimensions of the broken part you could have it made in CAD and have a remplacement 3D Printed?

BR

Rich

I don't know any one that does that and it will be challenging to get it right.

Edited by LeadDoctor

AMD 955, Asus M4A79t, 12GB 1600 cas7 Mushkin red line and black line, EVGA 670 FTW, Samsung 840 SSD 250GB, Samsung spin point 620GB x3 extra storage.

I would offer to do it for you, but I'm fully booked building controls until the end of February at the moment.

There are people out there can do it, and I bet someone else on the forums could do it.

Good luck!

BR

Rich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.komodosimulations.co.uk

Latest review!! http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/dai/ks/ks.htm

FaceBook!!https://www.facebook.com/KomodoSimulations

Twitter https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Komodosim

I would offer to do it for you, but I'm fully booked building controls until the end of February at the moment.

There are people out there can do it, and I bet someone else on the forums could do it.

Good luck!

BR

Rich

Thanks! Never a bad thing having booked work.

Hopefully some one will make some in numbers.

I'd try a local machine shop. Ya never know.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Back in September I was in contact with TM about the gimbal. Pictures and part numbers were exchanged then I got the email of doom.

Wow, that is certainly worrisome, kind of an expensive setup for them not to offer replacement gimbals...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So, the fact the part is no longer available could mean one of 2 things. Either it's been redesigned and won't work in older sticks or they are no longer making the Warthog HOTAS. I'd lean towards a redesign. Perhaps you can find one someone is selling for parts (unlikely). Or worst case scenario, you can buy the stick only from Ebay, Amazon or Newegg (Not the cheapest option).

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Yea, Somthing is up here, My Pressure Ring is cracked, and both rings they sent me are cracked and domed. they are refunding my money, they don't have Non-busted parts, and no intent to make more. it appears to be dried out plastic or just plain old poor engineering/material. if you looked under the white positioning ring, you may find cracks in the Pressure ring as well.

https://drive.google.com/drive/#folders/0B8skSfT-PBecWkdldHZsMWVZdnc/0B8skSfT-PBecV2dEYjBuS0VaX0U/0B8skSfT-PBeccVRBVXZMMHcwVzQ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

This does not make sense to me. They are still producing and selling the Warthog right? Which I would think means they are still getting parts to make them? So why would they not get extra parts to be able to sell folks in need?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good news is the gimbal is fixed now. Fly's straight, no more diving to the right or the left. The bad news is I'm not going to share the process because it's not economical if you don't have access to the bonding material as I did. For the cost of a tube you could buy a Saitek set up.

CAM00188.thumb.jpg.abf2de505eba3bb558bc4f0db261026c.jpg

Edited by LeadDoctor
added picture

Hearing things like this is a bit disturbing after spending this much money for a HOTAS. Like someone asked.. are they not still in production?

That's a good question for Thrustmaster. If some one gets an answer please share.

Hearing things like this is a bit disturbing after spending this much money for a HOTAS. Like someone asked.. are they not still in production?

I doubt they're being produced... hopefully they will create some similar stick of the same or another aircraft eventually and update the software while they're at it.

Mine has suffered a simliar fate, but is still under warranty. Awaiting their response, but they have indicated parts aren't available.

Thats offle, hope TM sends you a new one.

Besides the gimbal problem I still like the Warthog. It was a great investment and its really too bad TM isn't selling replacement gimbals any more.

I still think that racing hardware brings in such a large revenue, by comparison, that they have lost interest in the flight sim segment of the market. Notice that they never created a set of pedals after they produced the Warthog.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

So Yeah been flying with the broken gimbal and just cant handle it any more. Going to use the strongest panel bonding glue around tomorrow as a last hope.

Any thoughts, suggestions or what have you I'm open to listening.

Lead Doctor

I got onto their (Thrustmaster's) Facebook page and asked them the following question:

Any truth in the rumour that Thrustmaster are no longer supporting (making spares for) the Warthog?

To which their answer was:

Thrustmaster Hi, false rumour. We of course support all our Warthog owners.

So it would appear that someone somewhere in the customer service/support/parts foodchain either does not know what is available or just doesn't want to supply the part for some reason.

I would suggest that all members of the forum that read this topic should go over to the facebook page and begin asking about this en masse

Are there any other alternative bases for the Warthog stick, apart from the Real simulator FSSB R3 or have others modded their own?

The stock Warthog stick base seems to be the weak link of the whole setup but I don't want a force stick, especially for €450

I'm thinking about setting something up with a gimbal joint and using dampers rather than springs to give a non-centering stick.

Lead Doctor

I got onto their (Thrustmaster's) Facebook page and asked them the following question:

Any truth in the rumour that Thrustmaster are no longer supporting (making spares for) the Warthog?

To which their answer was:

Thrustmaster Hi, false rumour. We of course support all our Warthog owners.

So it would appear that someone somewhere in the customer service/support/parts foodchain either does not know what is available or just doesn't want to supply the part for some reason.

I would suggest that all members of the forum that read this topic should go over to the facebook page and begin asking about this en masse

Interesting. So custumer service is an issue here or thats a false statment. Ill try to order the gimbal again.

Perhaps we should all try to purchase one, maybe they have run out and for them to place an order with who ever made it for them would probably have a minimum order requirement for such a small part, i would place an order if it was numbers they needed at the right price i bet a lot of people would.

Edited by jay43
punctuation

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit