Steam sale question

T0x1s

This is sooo much more helpful than just crabbing at the people who, for whatever reason, have the gall, the temerity, to ask a question that one of the (unfortunately) many Forum Police feel is wrong to ask again.

It's so much easier, and nicer, to be kind and helpful than caustic and dyspeptic.

Thanks for this, and for the eerily-moving tribute to the MiG-21 that you recently created; I've never seen a DCS flick follow the mood of the music so well (with maybe one or two exceptions).

I particularly like the music choices, btw...never heard them before, and following that trail (to the composer) led to many nice discoveries all on its own.

Thanks for being a positive influence here.

:thumbup:

:lol:

*must spread rep*

Yeah, I didn't want that to sound mean though. Probably like SkateZilla, I too get a bit punchy at repeat questions. On the Steam side I've had guys ask the same question in the same thread under the same answer, for one of those 'Yeah, but what about male models?'Zoolander style times. :D

Yeah, I didn't want that to sound mean though. Probably like SkateZilla, I too get a bit punchy at repeat questions. On the Steam side I've had guys ask the same question in the same thread under the same answer, for one of those 'Yeah, but what about male models?'Zoolander style times. :D

I didn't see it as mean. I saw it as funny because it is true, and I think there are a lot of people here that have done it, myself included. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is sooo much more helpful than just crabbing at the people who, for whatever reason, have the gall, the temerity, to ask a question that one of the (unfortunately) many Forum Police feel is wrong to ask again.

It's so much easier, and nicer, to be kind and helpful than caustic and dyspeptic.

Thanks for this, and for the eerily-moving tribute to the MiG-21 that you recently created; I've never seen a DCS flick follow the mood of the music so well (with maybe one or two exceptions).

I particularly like the music choices, btw...never heard them before, and following that trail (to the composer) led to many nice discoveries all on its own.

Thanks for being a positive influence here.

:thumbup:

No problem, mate. I'm always glad to help; a couple of buddies of mine had the same question so I got lazy and did this pdf instead of having to explain every time. :D

Oh and thanks for the compliment... Sometimes I think that videos should mainly be a support for the music itself rather than the other way around. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's hit or miss most of the time.

I have all the modules from steam the old modules work on Ed. But not the new modules like the F-86. Sorry i already said that. There is a answer in the forums wich one works and wich not. So the new ones must be buy double to play on steam and play on Ed. The keys don't work or on steam or on Ed. Such a pitty.

Can anyone comment on whether this is true; can only some modules be bought on Steam and activated in the non-Steam version?

The modules before 6-7-2014 buyed on steam works. the modules after 6-7-2014 not. there is a thread in the forums. It's called steam questions. Hope in the future the steam keys works on the Ed. But not for now....

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Can someone please provide a link to wherever it says which modules purchased on Steam will work in the non-Steam version?

I have read the last ten pages of the Steam FAQ thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

And looked through the last ten pages of this forum, but can't see this anywhere.

The only information I can find is that ALL modules bought on Steam will work in the non-Steam version

EDIT: The above date conforms with the last merger of ED-purchased keys to Steam, so I'm assuming you are talking about non-Steam keys working on Steam rather than vice-versa?

Edited by Jamesp1
new information

Can someone please provide a link to wherever it says which modules purchased on Steam will work in the non-Steam version?

I have read the last ten pages of the Steam FAQ thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

And looked through the last ten pages of this forum, but can't see this anywhere.

The only information I can find is that ALL modules bought on Steam will work in the non-Steam version

EDIT: The above date conforms with the last merger of ED-purchased keys to Steam, so I'm assuming you are talking about non-Steam keys working on Steam rather than vice-versa?

Steam->Non Steam Works

NonSteam->Steam does not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
The modules before 6-7-2014 buyed on steam works. the modules after 6-7-2014 not. there is a thread in the forums. It's called steam questions. Hope in the future the steam keys works on the Ed. But not for now....

Steam keys work with DCS e-shop version of DCS World.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Can anyone comment on whether this is true; can only some modules be bought on Steam and activated in the non-Steam version?

I doubt it. Any key bought on Steam should work fine in the standalone.

ED create all the keys and just give a chunk to Valve to sell via Steam. From the point of ED's system, a key is a key, and it knows about all the keys as it made them.

Valve only know about the keys they were given to sell.

I suspect that previous poster saying you have to buy twice bought a key directly from ED then tried to use it on Steam.

Yes, the modules from steam work in standalone but not the other way around.

I just bought two modules via steam and activated them here and have them now in standalone also.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.