Spurious password change request emails

Sammi79

Change of Password emails

hey all

anyone get like 3-4 password change emails from ED automated system, I know I didn't request a password change yet it sent me 4 for no reason, I ran a check on my system and changed my password just in case but found it strange.

It never said it was changed just gave me a link to change it, on OCT 30, and the source email says it came from their server, so wondered if anyone else got anything like that.

cheers

Call Sign -Winter-

"The North Never Forgets"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bunch of the mails as well,,,,, very odd!!!!

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Hi, yeah I had two identical e mails advising of password change request about 4 hours ago, three minutes between the e mails. I didn't request a password change so. curious to know who did?

d

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

Same here, was someone upgrading something in the back end, or should we be more worried?

It could be someone was probing the script for a weakness or it was just a general attack to see what happened.

I am hoping it's ED.

I had two emails by the way.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

glad to know I'm not the only one, hope its just a system bug and not some ass, and not something worse, for a sec I thought it was just me and spent a hr running scans to make sure, lets hope for the best.

Call Sign -Winter-

Same here, was someone upgrading something in the back end, or should we be more worried?

It could be someone was probing the script for a weakness or it was just a general attack to see what happened.

I am hoping it's ED.

I had two emails by the way.

the source seems to be from ED server, so either they are getting ready for DCS world 2.0 and just happen to send out a broadcast by mistake or they should look into it, below i cut the orginating path, but ya i got the same emails a few min apart

-Received: by 10.180.76.199 with SMTP id m7mr545865wiw.62.1414720814825; Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:00:14 -0700 (PDT) Return-Path: <www-data@web.eagle.ru> Received: from ns315845.ip-37-187-29.eu (web.eagle.ru. [37.187.29.148]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id ej7si24687157wib.96.2014.10.30.19.00.14 for <mkowalski044@gmail.com>; Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:00:14 -0700 (PDT) Received-SPF: none (google.com: www-data@web.eagle.ru does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=37.187.29.148; Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: www-data@web.eagle.ru does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=www-data@web.eagle.ru Received: by ns315845.ip-37-187-29.eu (Postfix, from userid 33) id 4D362E0E6F; Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:57:08 +0100 (CET)

Call Sign -Winter-

Has DCS account database been hacked?

Hi,

It look as if there have been a lot of password attacks on the DCS website. While so far no one posting on the forums has lost their account to these attacks, it does suggest the DCS account database has been hacked.

You can't try to change an account's password if you don't have the details for that account to begin with. They must at least know your username, and for that they would need access to the entire user database as it seems everyone has been hacked, not just a handful.

By law, if DCS has been hacked they absolutely must declare it immediately. As such, I'm expecting to see an announcement any minute now.

hacking attempt

Hi,

I just see that i received 2 emails that night from noreply@eagle.ru telling me "To change your password please follow this link....."

the first one at 2h56, the second at 3h00...

I have never ask to change my password, that's why i can think somebody is trying to hack my account.

how can i contact ED directly to report that ?

As i'm at work, my connexion is "limited", acces to Digitalcombatsimulator.com is forbiden so that i can't see if something has change in my account.

Is there someone i can contact by Private Message please ?

Thanks.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2218202#post2218202

Be prepared to be assimilated in 3.....2.....1......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Password changed this morning, not by me.

Would have posted in my thread but for some reason it is closed.

When I tried to log in this morning my password was not accepted.

I followed the normal process to reset and change it yet again.

I see a message regarding an attack and that the attacker has been blocked with no accounts affected. Just like to point out that mine was.

Thanks.

INTEL i7-7700k @ 4.8GHz / NVIDIA 1080-GTX 8Gb / 32Gb DDR4 @3200MHz / Win 10x64 Home

Nid oes bara ar ôl felly bydd gennych dost yn lle hynny.

No. According to our records you changed your password from your current IP address at 2:06 UTC time.

I changed my password this late last night / early this morning yes, from a manual request initiated by me due to the worry that this attack caused. In hindsight perhaps I should not have done that, but it was late and I had to go to bed.

When I tried to use my new password today it was not accepted, 3 times to make sure I was making no mistake.

I had to reset and change it again. I have also just changed my DCS password again just to be sure.

Hopefully that is the end of it, I just wanted to relay my experience in case it might be of some help to you.

Cheers.

INTEL i7-7700k @ 4.8GHz / NVIDIA 1080-GTX 8Gb / 32Gb DDR4 @3200MHz / Win 10x64 Home

Nid oes bara ar ôl felly bydd gennych dost yn lle hynny.

eShop Accounts Security

Yesterday someone attempt to change my shop account password.

I've receive two emails with links, one generated at 1:57 UTC and the other at 2:01 UTC from noreply@eagle.ru asking me to change my password.

Neither the two of the emails contain a link to report that I did not ask to change my password.

Maybe it's better to include a link to report this kind of situations.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

SAme here.

Got 2 emails today.

Informational message from Digital Combat Simulator site

To change your password please follow this link:

Your Login:

Your E-Mail:

This message is generated by automatic messaging system.

Digital Combat Simulator: Password change request

Hello all,I don`t know if this is the right part of the forums for this but I received four password change requests between 01:51 and 01:55 GMT this morning when my PC was switched off and I was in bed !

Not sure what is going on but be carefull guys.

Paul