Aries Radio System

towsim

You sure Paul? The A-10C -1 I have (02AP12) states C/RAD1 for UHF, C/RAD2 for VHF/FM:

Page 1-321:

I dont believe a C/RAD 3 setting even exists.

Anyway- towsim if you go down the path of cipher for FM it would be fantastic to give that capability to JTACs also. :)

I have no idea what you're talking about, where did I say anything about C/RAD3? If I did its a typo because only 1 and 2 exist.

Edit nevermind, I see what you're refereing to is my response to towsim. What I sent him in a PM did not mention anything about c/rad 3, hell all you have to do is look at the ky-58 panel and see it doesn't exist.

On of the last PMs I sent him...

FYI, we did more testing of the latest version of Aries and seems the KY-58 switchology still isn't exactly correct.

When you select C/RAD1 it should only encrypt the FM radio. Both the UHF and AM radios should NOT be encrypted.

When you select C/RAD2 it should only encrypt the UHF radio. Both the AM & FM radios should NOT be encrypted.

Our test result showed when C/RAD1 does nothing, C/RAD2 encrypts all three radios.

Edited by Snoopy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I am asking to double check as the dash 1 I have says that it is the other way around (ie C/RAD 1 is cipher on UHF).

Our testing had good cipher on UHF in C/RAD 1 FWIW

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Probably my fault. I was thinking from the developers point of view. The switch has 3 positions. 1, 2 and 3, reporting 0.0, 0.09876 and 0.2. BTW the 0.09876 caused the switch error. It was rounded down to 0.0 in C++.

P.S.

When do you guys sleep? It should be any what around 07:00 in the US and around midnight in Newzeeland.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's what I am asking to double check as the dash 1 I have says that it is the other way around (ie C/RAD 1 is cipher on UHF).

Our testing had good cipher on UHF in C/RAD 1 FWIW

Just checked and You're right, got them crossed.

CRAD/1 = UHF

CRAD/2 = FM

My original PM to Towsim should have been right because it was a straight copy and past from the -1.

And sleep, have to be to work early in the AM here so no time for sleep.

Edited by Snoopy

Sweet as.

Blame yourself towsim, I've been up late all week JTACing A-10s with Aries!

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Hey Towsim, My wing recently switched to ARIES. First large-scale event coming up wednesday. Hope it's going to work out well. One question though:

Is ABRadio v1.941 compatible with TS3 3.0.16?

edit:

99% sure it is compatible, looking at the report a couple of pages back. But someone in my wing said it was not so just need an 'official' yes as I'm not sure if >= 3.0.14 in the manual was written before or after 3.0.16 release.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Lets try.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

It would be important to know, how you disable the plugin. There are two ways:

You can remove the checkmark from the' Aries Radio' via the menu Settings/Plugins or you use the menu entry Plugins/Aries Radio/Export.lua entry on/off. I would recommend the second procedure. It removes the entry in Export.lua so, that TeamSpeak has no connection to DCS anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Aries Radio user,

we are about to release a new version of Aries Radio for DCS. We need only a final test to check three minor bugs. As soon as the new version can be downloaded, it will be posted here.

The new features are:

Squelch support

The squelch switch can be used in situations, where the communication is interrupted because of distance or terrain. Communication break offs are suppressed and the voice is probably still audible in the white noise.

A-10C

The activation and selection of the radios can now be controlled from the cockpit. The switches on the intercom panel are evaluated and synchronized with the Aries Radio Panel. Some audio effects are added for power on/off. The 'Squelch' switch is supported for all three radio boxes.

A detailed description can be found in the user manual, chapter 'A-10C radio communication'.

KY-58 Encryption System

The switch logic of the KY58 encryption system was reworked. Some functional bugs are repaired. Furthermore, a set of audio signals are implemented to indicate the mode of operation. A detailed description can be found in the user manual, chapter 'A-10C radio communication'.

MIG-21Bis

MIG-21Bis is now supported. The aircraft has only one radio box available. There is no possibility to set frequencies manually. There are 20 preset channels available, starting at channel 0 up to channel 19. The channel frequencies have to be defined with the mission editor. The 'Squelch' switch is supported

KA50

The 'Squelch' switch is supported for R-800 and R-828. The volume for R-828 can be controlled from the cockpit.

UH1H

The 'Squelch' switch is supported for UHF and VHF FM. The volume for VHF AM, UHF and VHF FM can be controlled from the cockpit

Receiver Power

The influence of the terrain, the horizon and the distance is now calculated along the natural algorithm. The effect is a wider spread of the 'now and then' reception before the communication breaks down completely.

The default voice degradation was changed to:

7 for VHF AM
8 for UHF
6 for VHF FM
27 for background noise strength

These values are the result of multiple test sessions accepted by the participants.

Locator Beacon

The A10C is now equipped with a locator beacon. This additional transmitter is activated as soon as the ejector seat is used for bailout. The locator beacon transmits a wail on 243.0 MHz until the aircraft is dashed on ground. To use this feature, all A10 pilots should set the UHF radio box to 'BOTH' as a standard. This configuration enables listening watch on 243.0 MHz, while the normal work frequency remains active. Therefore, as soon as a pilot ejects from cockpit, everybody who listens to 243.0 MHz will notice the bailout wail.

Mask Modification

A fighter aircraft pilot normally uses an oxygen mask. This creates a typical voice modification, caused by the small volume of air in the mask. Aries Radio simulates this situation by an additional Band Path filter. The mask modification is set automatically for the following types:

A-10C
F86
MIG21

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Yep, can you specify "about to release"? :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)