#07 - DCS: MiG-21 FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Cobra847

:megalol:

Trust me when I tell you that users are in for a very big surprise when this hits the shelves. Ya'all wanted fidelity, well, fidelity's gonna be shoved so far up ya collective a*#*s that you're gonna be leaking afterburner textures through your noses everytime you sneeze :D

A friendly word of advice that you might want to bookmark:

Think you found a bug?

Shelve that thought for a minute or thirty.

Make sure you read the manual. Then read it again. Make a cup of tea, digest what you've just read and read it again. Yes, you know what to do.......off you go and read it again.

Revisit your apparent 'bug'.

See?

Not a bug but a properly modelled procedure, yes?

YES!

Trust me, these dudes have taken it up a notch and then some as far as modelling systems-fidelity goes.

And if that's not enough, she's a wee biatch to learn to fly correctly. Oh yes, then there's the first attempt at taxiing....that's gonna be a hoot :D

And no, it's not a bug......:pilotfly:

Have you gone through Chapter 11 emergency? No bug there?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this sounds way too fun. Can I come?

Sure, just bring a pocket full of flash drives and activation codes!! I'll cover dinner and such. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

With so many simmers around D.C. area - would be cool to throw a meet/LAN sometime.

Wonder how many we would gather...

P.S. Though I can not even imagine how I would move my pit anywhere... without days work

True. Mine is anything but portable, as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

True. Mine is anything but portable, as well.

With so many simmers around D.C. area - would be cool to throw a meet/LAN sometime.

Wonder how many we would gather...

P.S. Though I can not even imagine how I would move my pit anywhere... without days work

There's a few of us in VA/NC too.

My rig is anything BUT portable.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There's a few of us in VA/NC too.

My rig is anything BUT portable.

Here Here!! I might make that trip, if my wife would let me go alone. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Working on the first Tutorial ...

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Using the flashlight (yes, there is one) to hunt around the cockpit at night for switches...

MIG21-55.jpg

Dat spike...

MIG21-56.jpg

Flying formation..

MIG21-57.jpg

MIG21-58.jpg

Einstein and I had an awesome two hour MP session this evening. All we did was fly around and marvel at how unbelievable this plane and the level of detailing is. Pushed a lot of buttons and tried to break a bunch of stuff. Einstein is a great formation flyer and he let me bury my head in the cockpit to try to figure out why my radar wasn't working (missed a switch somewhere!)..

MIG21-51.jpg

MIG21-52.jpg

MIG21-53.jpg

MIG21-54.jpg

A great time and no damaged MiGs! I almost ran EP out of fuel though..I think he landed with 300 liters..<g>

BeachAV8R

Details and details. I dont know its a "feature" of this addon or DCS in total but the pilot in ejection sequence has closed eyes! :]

Screen_140819_205608.jpg

As You can see - veryt detailed 3D model too.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Details and details. I dont know its a "feature" of this addon or DCS in total but the pilot in ejection sequence has closed eyes! :]

Screen_140819_205608.jpg

As You can see - veryt detailed 3D model too.

the pilot seems to quite enjoy the eject :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Does the Mig 21 have just the handle between the legs for ejection?

In the check list for the EE Lightning it recommends using the overhead blind as first choice in ejecting and the handles between the legs as second choice.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

the pilot seems to quite enjoy the eject :D

Could be the look of constipation also...:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

A LAN party in the VA/NC would be interesting but moving my pit would also present some problems. Great idea

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

A LAN party in the VA/NC would be interesting but moving my pit would also present some problems. Great idea

NC/VA coming to life here in DCSW. It would be kinda cool to work out something to bring us together. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

at high altitudes do we get icing on canopy?, if internal defrost is off.

I think that is part of EDGE, and need time to see into the Mig-21

I just know that the function and operation of canopy and pitot icing/defrost have been (fully) implemented.

But I don't know whether we can get the visual effect of canopy icing on 1.2.10. Hope those who get promo copies can test it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]