Release??

Revan

Listen, I get what you are saying, I really do but I think you misunderstand what I am saying here.

I fully acknowledge that the only "right" I have as a consumer is to buy or not buy a product, I get that but at the same time, I am not talking about interacting with the dev's here, I am not saying that we go bang on the doors of Leatherneck studio when the clock hits midnight of the 20th.

No, I am talking specifically about the discussion of release dates among the other users here, specifically, when someone says something to the effect of "Hey, I hope it comes out soon, it has been a long wait already and apparently it is nearly done" and then someone replies with what essentially amounts to "It will be done when it is done, I can wait for years longer if that is what it takes" and then there are others who will reply with "Stop pressuring the dev's!".

The thing is, as I said before, many of us have been waiting a long time already and through several release dates at that, we are now at a point where we as consumers CAN logically expect a release pretty soon, Cobra even stated just now that it is pretty much done aside from a few little things so when someone on this forum acts like it could be months more and that we should just accept that, I am sorry, I don't buy it, even the dev's have indicated otherwise.

The same thing happened awhile ago, before Dolphin talked about the release schedule, a bunch of folks here just kinda assumed it would be months and months longer, that we would be looking at a autumn or winter release and that turned out to be nonsense.

Finally, stop with the guilt trip, seriously, any developer that makes a long awaited product expects and deals with anticipation and impatience on a daily basis, this forum seems to have two very different sides on this topic. The first side is the one that blames the consumers for every misunderstanding, every community backlash and every disappointed response on the fans. Even worse, this standpoint treats ED and any third party like a scared baby deer that can't possibly deal with the public and that every quiet spell where we don't get a lot of news is because we as fans were horrible and demanded too much.

The other side (where I sit) respects the developers ability to know when news should be released, when it should not be released and also how to deal with critical fans properly, I mean, they are all adults, they know how to deal with this stuff and in all honesty, the behavior on these forums is pretty mild at the worst compared to a lot of other forums I have been on.

So, please, lets not play the whole "it is our fault that they can't tell us anything" game, please, there are points where we the fans have a good reason to speak up about anything from release dates to product concerns and at the same time, we have seen time and time again that dev's have been able to rationally deal with it in a adult manner.

I know it is cool to blame the forum users for drawing the wrong conclusions, for getting too hooked on release dates and all that but in the end, it is NORMAL for fans to anticipate releases, it is normal for fans to look at every shred of news carefully (especially when there is not a lot to go on) and it is normal for the developers to take all those concerns to heart and either go with them or not.

Not a matter of being "cool" and I am not placing blame.. But it has been said in MANY threads by many 3rd party devs so no amount of denying it on your part will make it go away..

The 3rd party devs that do communicate often and well are certainly much appreciated and Ells and Pman are the best, but not every 3rd party dev has an Ells or Pman to handle these things so many of them are refraining from communicating until they have solid concrete things to communicate.

You can refute that fact if you like but if you read other threads on this very board you will learn that you would be wrong..

And as I have stated before if I was a dev I would be VERY careful about providing timeframes for ANYTHING as I have seen too many times what happens if a date is missed...

Hell in one instance a 3rd party dev was completely RUNOFF and is working on projects now OTHER than DCS due to the treatment received on this forum...

I am not saying that we shouldn't voice our opinions on things, and anyone that knows me knows I have no issues there! What I am saying is that the constant complaining about this missed date or that missing (fill in the blank favorite widget) gets to the point where it is just easier and even advantageous to just keep mum until just about ready to release...

My prediction is that once EDGE is released and stable we will start seeing a LOT of projects just PUP UP out of nowhere... They will be nearly complete but will not have been talked about..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some heavier updates coming fairly soon.
Request low high-speed pass with climb-out at Gilze-Rijen AFB tomorrow, after the Slovak MiG-29 at 15:00.

http://www.defensie.nl/english/topics/open-days/documents/leaflets/2014/06/18/air-show-open-days-2014

They promised a surprise ... some say a USAF bomber fly-by, but I reckon it's the MiG-21Bis.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

A lot of question concerning the release date spread all over the forum - so here is the updated information about our release procedure and plans.

We informed the Eagle management we want to release later this month, which was well received. In order to do so, we need to pass internal quality checks with the Eagle. This is in all parties interest: ensure mod quality, integration stability and players satisfaction.

The module will be available for the Eagle internal tests tomorrow (09. June). We don't know how much time the Eagle will need for their tests - but I assume anything up to 10-15 days (could be much less). Note that the Eagle needs to check the level of integration of 21 to DCS core, and perhaps extend their code to fully support it. On the other side, they might send some feedback or implementation requests which we need to implement. In such case, we will provide updated mod for further tests in very short time; we usually patch the mod in max 12-24 hours, usually much less.

If all goes according to our plans, we will be ready at the end of this month (anywhere from ~20. June +). There are things we can't anticipate. This is our plan, and we will try hard to follow it.

Mod should be initially available on the DCS site for download. If all goes well, we might go for the Steam later.

Would like it to be, but that is not the official word at all. I believe that started from someone joking about that being a good day for release because it is their birthday, and looks like people are starting to run with that.

Well it was something to be hoped for, but I don't mind a late birthday prezzie ;)

I have been here for a while now, patiently awaiting the Mig21 since the indegogo was first launched, a few more days, weeks, or even months is not going to phase me at all.

:cry: Ah well back to :book:

Just read Cobras reply.

@Cobra: thank you for the update and my condolences for the loss of a family member.

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Very True, then again, we have waited 2 years for this , I mean 2 years AFTER the original release date from the Indigo.go campaign said it would be released.

Actually, the Indiegogo campaign itself was started less than two years ago (June 28, 2012).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually, the Indiegogo campaign itself was started less than two years ago (June 28, 2012).

And the release date on the Indigo.go campaign says Sep 2012, so yes, not technically 2 year ago, but damn near. 1 year and 9 months.

A close family member of mine passed away recently, triggering a lot of travel. Anothers' first child was born just a few days ago.

For what it's worth from a total stranger on the Internet, my sincere condolences. And for the latter, my congratulations.

We're pretty silent as it's been a couple of busy weeks for everyone. A close family member of mine passed away recently, triggering a lot of travel.

Completely understandable, I wouldn't be in much of a mood to give updates after a loss. My condolences Cobra.

Well it was something to be hoped for, but I don't mind a late birthday prezzie ;)

I have been here for a while now, patiently awaiting the Mig21 since the indegogo was first launched, a few more days, weeks, or even months is not going to phase me at all.

:cry: Ah well back to :book:

My bad Alicatt, I had forgotten that Dolphin had June 20+ in his post. Hope I didn't come across as accusing you because there was no accusation, I had remembered the birthday comment and figured people were running off on a tangent themselves. We are an excitable bunch after all.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

And the release date on the Indigo.go campaign says Sep 2012, so yes, not technically 2 year ago, but damn near. 1 year and 9 months.

I'm pretty much certain that sep 2012 was the end of the campaign, not the release date. Because that would have been a stupid promise. To start the fund raise on late june and finish the game on september. I'm 110% that you are wrong, and don't know how you would think that was possible.

I'm pretty much certain that sep 2012 was the end of the campaign, not the release date. Because that would have been a stupid promise. To start the fund raise on late june and finish the game on september. I'm 110% that you are wrong, and don't know how you would think that was possible.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dcs-mig-21bis-fishbed

See for yourself.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

TooTall, these boards here are calm and serene compared with what was happening on the Star Citizen forums just before they launched the Arena Commander module a couple of weeks ago.

All is good, and no offence was taken at all, just playing the waiting game here!

I was one of the first 250 to get multiplayer access to the Arena Commander module for alpha testing but due to a quirk in their netcode I keep getting timed out before I can join a match, such is life ... and only 1 hour and 15 minutes until I'm 58 :D

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Really 110% , well, you are wrong, check the link that was posted.

All is good, and no offence was taken at all, just playing the waiting game here!

Good to hear!

I'm glad you highlighted Dolphin's comment because initially I was wondering where people kept getting the June 20th release date, and thought "Wait, he was just joking about the MiG on his birthday, are these guys really thinking that's the release date?":D

... and only 1 hour and 15 minutes until I'm 58 biggrin.gif

Well happy birthday!

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

just release the damn thing so we can shutup about the release date.

if I have to read another page of these people fighting I'm going to go postal.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

just release the damn thing so we can shutup about the release date.

if I have to read another page of these people fighting I'm going to go postal.

"but sir, he is already pulled over! he can't pull over any further!"

how on earth can they release it any faster? they are done with the code and it is being tested. its going to be under test until ED is done testing it. thats all there is to it :doh:

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

^ Well, as soon as they release it and announce their next project, this thread re-starts under a different name. :smartass:

I think there would be a new subforum for new proj.

But we can strongly require to move this thread to that subforum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I'm getting sick of FSX... getting sick of transit to XP10.. getting sick of A-10C... getting sick of A2A simulations that don't shoot..

I'll be all over this module when it comes out like an athlete on steroids... like a junkie on 10X powerhorse.. When would that be? I'm sure in the near future. Certainly this year.. Certainly before Christmas.. Certainly before my birthday.. Certainly before summer ends? Meh...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm getting sick of FSX... getting sick of transit to XP10.. getting sick of A-10C... getting sick of A2A simulations that don't shoot..

I'll be all over this module when it comes out like an athlete on steroids... like a junkie on 10X powerhorse.. When would that be? I'm sure in the near future. Certainly this year.. Certainly before Christmas.. Certainly before my birthday.. Certainly before summer ends? Meh...

I agree, I'm getting some serious FSX fatigue atm. Haven't touched X-Plane 10 in a while now and I'm not really interested in getting back to it. I built a 1/100 MiG-21 scale model back in November 2012, I remember asking Beczl specifically if anything would prevent the MiG-21 to be released before 2013. He basically said no, no such delays were expected. Being a somewhat sane person I "stopped waiting" for the MiG-21 and occupied myself with civilian flightsims but man! if it weren't for the a2a accu-sim and Orbx stuff I'd be bored to tears by now. So, no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking over and over again when or how the MiG-21bis will be released, not at this point. I've actually started playing videogames again! Assassin's Creed IV, Watch_Dogs and Rome II ftw!:thumbup:

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

An interview with DCS MiG-21 developers was published in latest PC Pilot magazine!

http://www.pcpilot.net/view_issue.asp?ID=5861

Link is no good...:noexpression:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

For those of us that can't view it, what did they say about the project?

Link is no good...:noexpression:

Sorry guys, I just have the magazine, got it yesterday.

They say that they are on track to release it in June. They have very detailed model, avionics, weapons, FM, DM, all to highest DCS standarts. Interactive training lessons, as well as 30 mission campaign are included. They also mention that they plan to develop not only an aircraft for DCS, but other units for the "cold-war" era, after initial release. They also have MiG-23 in plans, but it will not be their next plane, also it will not be a Phantom (they say it's too complicated yet), so which one it would be is still unclear.

Ah - and they mentioned that MiG-21 package will include working nuclear bomb! :D

• Like 1