Question for BST/Devs/EvilBivol

Flagrum

EB used to comment and reply then and when on various topics, just like any other forum user. Not even that is happening anymore.
I kind of agree with Flagrum's sentiment. I think that "Valve PR policy" or whatever they are doing now is a mistake. (for that matter, ED changing their PR policy a couple of times a year is a mistake too. I never know what to expect from ED PR because it is different every time I look).

I think the success of Minecraft can be taken as a case study for the power of strong community interaction. That game took off not because of the quality of the game, but because of his stellar community interaction. Early on Notch was blogging and tweeting daily, and replying to comments of his users, which helped keep interest in the game high.

Star Citizen is good example of what focused PR can do. There is a large number of people that will claim it is the best thing in the world, and spend a lot of money on a game that isn't even released yet.

I realize that browsing the forums takes time, which translates to money, but this quote is relevant: “A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time.” – Henry Ford

Maintaining a forum presence is essentially advertising, and it is probably a lot more cost effective than that TV spot ED payed for. If you are really passionate about your product, then it is something you shouldn't mind doing in your spare time too.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

ED will give updates when they are ready, always has and always will be the way.

Either except that and enjoy it or come on the forums everyday and complain about it :)

content coming out recently has been faster than at any other time, as a hungry customer we are always wanting more. We create the advertising with the constant forum posts, many of us religiously follow these post's and you learn to except it, or burn yourself out lol

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ED will give updates when they are ready, always has and always will be the way.

Either except that and enjoy it or come on the forums everyday and complain about it :)

content coming out recently has been faster than at any other time, as a hungry customer we are always wanting more. We create the advertising with the constant forum posts, many of us religiously follow these post's and you learn to except it, or burn yourself out lol

The lack of general "progress updates" is one thing. But even if people have concrete questions (like myself in posting #1) - how can they be adressed if nobody reads them? (And yes, besides that I doubt it would help much, I refuse to use PMs for this kind of stuff - stuff that might be of interest to others as well)

And this is only recently becoming more of an issue, imo.

EvilBivol, statistics over all: Posts Per Day: 1.68

statistics 2014: 1 posting in over 2 months

THAT is what concerns me.

• Like 1

• ED Team

wasn't your first question answered by billy crusher in the post you linked ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1974754&postcount=6

Yes, AI door gunners has been disabled for HAI and works only on human controlled UH-1H.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

wasn't your first question answered by billy crusher in the post you linked ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1974754&postcount=6

No. The posting I linked to in posting #1 of this thread was a follow up to the initial issue that BillyCrusher brought up with his answer (your link).

The issue was, Huey door gunners don't work for AI controlled helos. BillyCrusher stated, that this was by design. (edit: more precise: deliberately disabled)

The question I am trying to get an answer for for several weeks now is: what lead to that design decision? Why deliberately making door gunners useless for AI helos? Or is it just still WIP?

(http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119449)

Edited by Flagrum

If it was to reduce the AI load of Hueys, that can now be done by the mission creator since door gunners can be removed from the aircraft. Anyone who places door gunners on an aircraft is doing so for the deliberate reason of wanting them to shoot at things. For them to not work is illogical and misleading, but I understand if this is a workaround for some problem or simply awaiting implementation.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

The question I am trying to get an answer for for several weeks now is: what lead to that design decision? Why deliberately making door gunners useless for AI helos? Or is it just still WIP?

(http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119449)

I know it seems harsh so I apologise before hand, you got an answer to a question and you did not like the answer, so you made a new post to get feedback on why the decision was taken ?

If so good luck with that, I have never seen an answer given to a question like that on any dev forum.

Lots going on in the DCSWorld at the moment, our best bet is to be patient and allow things to unfold. I know it may seem a long wait, but it will be worth it I am sure.

:)

Edited by BIGNEWY

I know it seems harsh so I apologise before hand, you got an answer to a question and you did not like the answer, so you made a new post to get feedback on why the decision was taken ?

If so good luck with that, I have never seen an answer given to a question like that on any dev form.

Lots going on in the DCSWorld at the moment, our best bet is to be patient and allow things to unfold. I know it may seem a long wait, but it will be worth it I am sure.

:)

Yes, I made a new post because I felt the question would not belong in the original OpenBeta bug report thread.

And although I understand what you're saying, I had so far some positive exceptions(?) with questions to BST/EvilBivol (on top of my head, the back and forth about the spin-up delay of the miniguns come to my mind).

And this issue at hand is not just some minor annoyance, it affects the functionality. A weapon that doesn't function is bugged and needs a fix. If that is not possible, we should at least know why.

(imagine, the A-10C GAU/8 would suddenly stop working. You get to hear: that is by design. And ... what do you do now? :o)

• 3 weeks later...

On their FB page:

me: "hey, what is going on, why is nobody answering?"

bst: "hi, we do answer! what exactly do you mean?"

me: "<link to this thread>"

bst:

Into which dark corners did I poke with my question, what skeletons are there hidden in the closet? Is the answer really that embarassing?

I.

Don't.

Get.

It.

But it is really starting to piss me off.

• ED Team
A weapon that doesn't function is bugged and needs a fix. If that is not possible, we should at least know why.

Why: because it really is not enough developers. This issue was much more complicated than it seemed at first glance. We continue the theme of AI gunners later, sorry:(.

Why: because it really is not enough developers. This issue was much more complicated than it seemed at first glance. We continue the theme of AI gunners later, sorry:(.

So, this issue is just still work in progress? That information is all I was looking for ... (:doh:)

Thank you.

Edited by Flagrum

... before I continue to wonder why it took so long. :o)

"Good things come to those who wait"

shame it tastes horrible..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

This issue was much more complicated than it seemed at first glance. We continue the theme of AI gunners later, sorry:(.

Somehow I suspect the multi-crew question has the same answer, except from ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

exactly!

Thank you!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm guessing this will be made easier at some point down the road. I know RRG has mentioned wanting to add flyables with gunner positions. A B-17 formation would be pretty helpless without working gunners. Hopefully the implementation is not completely specific to each party.

Also, thanks for the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]