BS2 1.2.x bugs and glitches thread (not CTD/BSOD)

Erforce

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Devrim. :thumbup:

I feel I already reached the last stage of the Kübler Ross model with ED:

Denial: That's OK. I am sure ED is working hard on my favourite module. Why wouldn't they? They are doing the best sim in the world already :thumbup:

Anger: Seriously ED! Another patch and NOTHING again for BS? :mad:

Bargaining: Please ED, I promise if you keep the maintenance of BS, I'll buy all the existing DCS modules and the future ones, even the beta!! :helpsmilie:

Depression: 1.2.0: nothing, 1.2.1: nothing, 1.2.2: Nothing........1.2.6: nothing, 1.2.7: nothing :cry:

Acceptance: Oh well. I already give up on the naval ops with a Ka50 anyway, and who cares about magnetic deviation? Using ADF? Well, ABRIS is enough. HUD not repairable. I'll take a new aircraft. That's OK. :noexpression:

you forgot the insane front wheel, when you land without gear your entire helicopter bonces around like crazy, but only if you still have rubber on the front wheel, and the default skin when using custom skins (which would literally take 5-10minutes to fix, maybe even less).

Bouncing helicopter issue is not related with Ka-50 module though. Huey does bounce too. Similar, when I land on soil ground with Huey, helicopter can't land in a balanced attitude. Some say "you can't land properly". Ok, maybe I can't. But this doesn't indicate there's no any bug with the ground...

By the way; -I'm sure this has been mentioned before- the laser can't be repaired too. In a MP mission, my Ka-50 laser unit was broken. Just for the laser, RTB and repaired. But no luck with that. I changed slot and switched another Ka-50... :P

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

aah but see if i brake the front wheel and land with gear closed it doesnt bounce, even if i just blow the tyre and land with gear closed it doesnt bounce, and the ka-50 bonces everywhere on farp helipads, and on airfields, once i landed with the front wheel retracted but completely intact (as in it has rubber on it) and no tail, and the thing started doing donuts on the airfield, i couldnt repair because of it -_-.

The burned out laser can be repaired, you just need to brake something on the heli first, if nothing has been damaged, if only the laser burns out it isnt registered as the helicopter being damaged, of course its still a glitch

Edited by karambiatos

...The burned out laser can be repaired, you just need to brake something on the heli first, if nothing has been damaged, if only the laser burns out it isnt registered as the helicopter being damaged, of course its still a glitch
Aaah, that's strange and funny. :) Thanks for the info.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

aah but see if i brake the front wheel and land with gear closed it doesnt bounce, even if i just blow the tyre and land with gear closed it doesnt bounce, and the ka-50 bonces everywhere on farp helipads, and on airfields, once i landed with the front wheel retracted but completely intact (as in it has rubber on it) and no tail, and the thing started doing donuts on the airfield, i couldnt repair because of it -_-.

And please also note the lovely screeching sounds. That rubber really rubs inside that small compartment ;-)

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ABRIS imperial range unit

Hi,

I recently saw a nautical miles unit bug reported by JaBoG32_Herby in the range units of the ABRIS. When converting kilometers to nautical miles it is done by a factor 1,652 instead of the normal 1,852.

The bug is verified and bug report has been submitted: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117882

ABRIS range kilometers (3,8km):

abris-range-km.png

ABRIS range nautical miles (2,3nm):

abris-range-nm.png

They used the Statute Miles instead of Nautical Miles.

Is a bug, nice find!:thumbup:

And easily solvable

\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS\Options.lua

Line 476

Original

opt.Options.measurements.range =
{
data = {
{0.001,LOCALIZE("км")};
{6.213711922e-4,LOCALIZE("мил")};
}
}

changing it to

{
data = {
{0.001,LOCALIZE("км")};
{5.399568034e-4,LOCALIZE("мил")};
}
}

IMHO this should fix the bug

Edited by flanker0ne
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !

It's updated (finally)

I hope to see more BS2 lines in the upcoming 1.2.8 patch note than the Gun shell ejection.

Yes BS2 is playable, but unfortunately there's some nasty bugs left. (no, i'm not looking at Magnetic deviaton)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Wonderful, thanks ED!!!

A last effort for the perfection.

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS\ABRIS_localizer.lua

the line 223

localize_table["EN"]["мил"]						= "nm"

I think become useless, I keep it just for safety

I've added these 2 lines for Eng localization.

localize_table["EN"]["мм"]						= "nm"
localize_table["EN"]["ам"]						= "sm"

Edited by flanker0ne

- Magnetic/True Heading differences not working - Active BS1

This bug seems to be fixed in 1.2.7.23803 (probably earlier?). With a hint from Sylvan I decided to try this out, so standing on RWY 04 of ANAPA:

ABRIS magnetic heading

ABRIS_MAG.png

ABRIS true heading

ABRIS_TRUE.png

Airdome chart for reference

10_GND_URKA_Anapa_Vityazevo_25.jpg

Edited by tietze

this bug was reported a long time ago here :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36684

I can see now Abris shows differences. can't say it for other instruments.

Thank you for this report tietze. I'll change the OP.

Edited by Erforce

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Here is a link to an update that will fix the RAIM calculation issue:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/

It may take a couple hours for the mods to approve the file however.

• Like 2

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Wonderful, thanks ED!!!

Ahh, I was wondering what that was about - but I see that they have committed changes to DCS Open Beta ABRIS options.lua :-)

Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS\Options.lua line 468-506 changed in DCS Open Beta 1.2.8.26442.397:

opt.Options.measurements.speed = 
{
data = {
{3.6,LOCALIZE("км/ч")}; -- Kilometers per hour
{3.6/1.852,LOCALIZE("узл")}; -- Knots (NM per hour)
{1.0,LOCALIZE("м/с")}; -- Meters per second
}
}
{
data = {
{0.001,LOCALIZE("км")}; -- Kilometers
{6.213711922e-4,LOCALIZE("ам")}; -- Statute Miles
{5.399568035e-4,LOCALIZE("мм")}; -- International Navy Miles

}
}
opt.Options.measurements.height =
{ 
data = {
{1,LOCALIZE("м")}; -- Meters
{3.280839895013,LOCALIZE("фт")}; -- Feet
}
}
opt.Options.measurements.ellipsoid = 
{
data = {
{LOCALIZE("WGS-84"),LOCALIZE("WGS-84")},
{LOCALIZE("Красовского"),LOCALIZE("Красовского")},
},
default = 1
}
opt.Options.measurements.weight =
{
data = {
{1,LOCALIZE("кг")}; -- Kilograms
{2.20462247,LOCALIZE("фнт")} -- Pounds
}
}

All files changed in the KA-50 module DCS Open Beta 1.2.8.26442.397:

Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\bin\CockpitKa50.dll	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\bin\Ka50.dll	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\bin\ka50_protect.dll	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\bin\ka50_protect.exe	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS\ABRIS_global_commands.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS\Options.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\entry.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\FM\FMOptions.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\headtracker\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\keyboard\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\mouse\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\trackir\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50_easy\headtracker\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50_easy\joystick\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50_easy\keyboard\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50_easy\mouse\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50_easy\trackir\default.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Single\Battle.miz	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Single\Courier.miz	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\BS2_Cold_Start_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\BS2_En-Route_Navigation_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\BS2_ABRIS_AMMS_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\4\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\4\BS2_ABRIS_Advanced_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\4\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\image.png	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\task.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\BS2_Weapon Employment_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\1\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\BS2_Countermeasure_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\2\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\BS2_Datalink_Wingmen_Training.miz	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\3\lesson.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\image.png	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Training\Combat Employment - Interactive Training by BigfootMSR\task.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Options\optionsData.lua	DIFFERENT
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Options\optionsDb.lua	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Ka-50\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_noise_In.wav	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_Start_In.wav	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_tone_In.wav	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Ka-50\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_noise_In.sdef	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_Start_In.sdef	NEW
Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\APU_tone_In.sdef	NEW

New bunch of lines in the FMOption.lua, regarding the Autopilot called

- recoil compensation parameters: (russian translated)

Hope that at the end we will have back a working "Hold Collective Brake for change altitude" without fight against the 20% autority.

• 2 weeks later...

Up for 1.2.8 RC3. Nothing about the Shark again. :cry::mad:

Rumours within my squad say 1.2.8 RC2 corrects PRAIM calculation issue.

It strange that sometimes the Shark bugs correction are kept quiet. It's not the first time ED left us Shark pilots figure out what has been corrected. Don't understand their logic.

Anyway, regarding the poor reliability/integrity of the Datalink info introduced in the 1.2.7, it appears that one needs to avoid the default 124.000Mhz VHF2 frequency. Working on 125.000Mhz for example is giving is pretty solid info.:huh:

Edited by BaD CrC

Up for 1.2.8 RC3. Nothing about the Shark again. :cry::mad:

Rumours within my squad say 1.2.8 RC2 corrects PRAIM calculation issue.

It strange that sometimes the Shark bugs correction are kept quiet. It's not the first time ED left us Shark pilots figure out what has been corrected. Don't understand their logic.

Anyway, regarding the poor reliability/integrity of the Datalink info introduced in the 1.2.7, it appears that one needs to avoid the default 124.000Mhz VHF2 frequency. Working on 125.000Mhz for exemple is giving is pretty solid info.:huh:

the entirety of 124 mhz ?

also i know, eds implements fixes a lot of the time but they dont say that it was fixed, for example the vikhr getting an 800km/h speed boost at 800km/h was fixed, but its not in the change logs.

or that in 1.2.7 they actually made the names of towns on the abris readable.

Well, in my squad we are just flipping the 1Mhz switch to avoid the 124.000 and get a pretty solid continuous info on the other BS chopper position instead of breaking up every 2 minutes and having to recycle the DL switch to try to get the display back again. But I didn't try the 124.025 to be honest so I can't say. It's always difficult to confirm a solution without any ED communication on this and it sounds more everytime like a wet finger grandma's recipe that needs to be confirmed.

But there's also a possibility of them having not touched the Shark per se, but fixing the underlying platform/framework bugs instead. And thus, no Shark-specific info in the changelog.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.