New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Filthyone: It looks like my problem has been solved, I am not experiencing the issue anymore. I am still not sure what I did to correct it because I am a fool and did three things at once, not thinking that I really should try to isolate what the problem was in case it happens again. I unintalled all saitek software and drivers and reinstalled, updated motherboard USB drivers, and switched over to my two USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard that use their own separate controller. That being said switching back to USB 2.0 ports has yet to reproduce the issue either, perhaps it was either a motherboard driver issue or a software or x55 driver issue.

An actual review from FroogleSim

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wasn't all that impressed with his review. Didn't feel that all inclusive, mostly it was him raving about how nice it was. He says he isn't paid to say that stuff but he is appearing in public for Saitek using the stick soon apparently so... uhhh that SOUNDS like he's associating himself with them in a not so unbiased way.

I would have appreciated something like what SimHQ does where they run software that actually shows how accurate it is. Also since this is basically something of a successor, or might end up being, to the X52 comparing classic X52 problems with the X55 would have been good. He mentioned the rotaries a lot and I wanted to yell into the monitor "What about the pots! Do they spike at all!?"

It felt very borderline fan video. Most of the review was just him flying it and saying "its so smooth". I also found it odd that he was unwilling to utter the brand name of the main competitor to the X55 as he put it. Why not? I feel like he's getting a little cozy with Saitek and he's gonna ride that boost to higher subs.

I felt like there was little review of the minutiae of it all. He shrugged off the whole toggles thing, but what I noticed immediately when he was flying was how awkwardly he had to reach around the throttle to use most of the toggles. on the X52 those used to be on the base of the stick so thats easier to reach for blindly. However, the ones on the X55 seems like they'll be a lot more awkward to use in the heat of things.

I like Froogle but... meh, not liking this review much.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

You might also want to return to the SimHQ review as some interesting dev issues have been brought to our attention.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I felt like there was little review of the minutiae of it all. He shrugged off the whole toggles thing, but what I noticed immediately when he was flying was how awkwardly he had to reach around the throttle to use most of the toggles. on the X52 those used to be on the base of the stick so thats easier to reach for blindly. However, the ones on the X55 seems like they'll be a lot more awkward to use in the heat of things.

I find the toggles to the right (as stated) akward as heck to get to.

:joystick:

amazon just changed release date to may 1...

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

amazon just changed release date to may 1...

You are right. I've just checked my preorder at Amazon and it moved to May the 1st as well.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I talked to Amazon ,They said some orders will be filled on time it all has to do with when it was ordered. hope that helps :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Use a modifier and make a 2 stage trigger.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thanks for the post! I just ordered it, and then watched the video, and I can't stand the fact that it's not a 'dual-trigger' ..so I called off the order! ..and you saved me some cash!

I keep seeing this, and it begs the question because I'm curious:

Just how many joysticks out there come with dual stage triggers?

I might be wrong, but CH don't do one, Saitek don't do one, Logitech don't seem to do one, Thrustmaster only do it in the Warthog...

I understand why A10 drivers want it, but is it really that much of an essential feature?

I might be wrong, but CH don't do one, Saitek don't do one, Logitech don't seem to do one, Thrustmaster only do it in the Warthog...

X-52pro has it, as well as L. G-940 which I own

I understand why A10 drivers want it, but is it really that much of an essential feature?
I use it also for the Ka-50, first stage to fire the rockets and Vikhrs and second stage to fire the gun (or vice versa)
Edited by Suchacz

I keep seeing this, and it begs the question because I'm curious:

Cougar and x-52 pro are the last 2 ones I had, and they both featured it.

Modifiers arn't in IL2:BoS (yet) ..and there are no button for both cannon and machine-gun, (and I don't want to program it for a single button) and for rockets and bombs on the main stick.. (maybe if using the really out of place rightside button) and I wanted it mainly for the dual throttle, and the upcoming F-18, but the F-18 have fewer hat switches then the A-10. So I'll stick to my old x-52 pro.

Just a heads up. I have an X-65 and found this registry hack to turn the mouse pointer into an actual analog axis mini stick.

You have to sacrifice another axis, myself I gave up the rudder twist since I have pedals. Not sure if this is possible for the X-55, but maybe a simple modification of these files would work

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63794&highlight=Mini

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

In the past:

Thrutstmater F-16 FLCS

Thrutstmaster F-22 PRO

Thrutstmaster HOTAS Cougar

Actually:

Saitek X-52

Saitek X-52 PRO

Logitech G-940 (discontinued)

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Defender Cobra M-5/VKB Mamba have DUAL trigger ~ Ka-50 style (more flexible).

Modifiers arn't in IL2:BoS (yet)...and there are no button for both cannon and machine-gun,

Fire MG and cannon at same time waste ammo, due different ballistics... well, il-2 Bo$ box have a "friendly" hit-box. ;)

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1_br

Anyone aware of any US retailers with units still in stock?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

made in china everyone is out of stock next shipments are due May 1st,

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I placed my order on January 8. And expected delivery date is May 6 to May 8.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit