Where is the DCS: Mig-21bis Board?

Cedaway

Let me guess. Another ban hammer went off ?

Damn, some people here are very impatient.

Indeed it appears so. I could see that one coming, wish I had made a wager, I could have won money this morning :cry:

The ejection seat is not complex, try it.

Oh I assure you sir, the loud handle will be quite well tested on its own during the course of learning the MiG without direct testing. Especially for me since just about every takeoff of mine will be a rocket assisted one whether warranted or not.:pilotfly:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. Another ban hammer went off ?

I suggest to lock the thread until Mig 21 studio has his communication back up and running.

Leaving that open is tempting people to speculate. :) I don't se what else they is to say about that except speculation. This thread is a trap !

a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa321468cd3e3d0764731cf86f869c.jpg

• ED Team
I suggest to lock the thread until Mig 21 studio has his communication back up and running.

Leaving that open is tempting people to speculate. :) I don't se what else they is to say about that except speculation. This thread is a trap !

a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa321468cd3e3d0764731cf86f869c.jpg

If we lock this one, someone else will open another, so its better to practice your self control in this one ;) One day this thread will be 30 pages deep into chit chat never to be looked at again....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Think of it as putting chlorine in the pool. It's only a trap for those who lack a filter between what they think, what they type and have no self control between either. Plenty of people have speculated about what happened but the vast majority never pushed it far enough to get creamed by Sobek's Mjölnir. And like Spawn said, it'll just result in someone else who never saw any of this drama opening up a new thread wondering what happened to the MiG project. Soon as we get an official announcement I'm sure the MiG forum will open back up and this thread will die.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

How many first days does a week have? :helpsmilie:

No more than six. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How many first days does a week have? :helpsmilie:

He posted late Saturday evening EST. I am not sure what his time may have been, but it could be the next week instead of this week. I wouldn't hold my breath either way.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Congrats, you guys can solve any problem thrown at you :P

Anytime. The merely difficult we do right away, though the impossible can take a wee little bit longer. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Expected see if "palace bureaucracy" has solver (SimHq Feb 15)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3912565/Re_DCS_MiG_21Bis_Fishbed#Post3912565

Thanks for that link Silver, some of us are only here on ED's forum so it's nice that others are keeping on top of that.

So there is some bureaucratic red tape going on that is delaying the announcement, as I'm sure Cobra would like to get this nonsense over with and move on ASAP (batting away the speculation constantly can't be fun for him).

Personally (and I'm speaking for myself only) I don't really care that much about what happened or the politics that may be in play, my only concern is that the MiG-21 is going to be finished and delivered so that's the only part of any announcement I'm looking for - that's the part that really only affects me, whatever happened in the background isn't my business unless it affects the end product in a major way (IE cancels it). I know Cobra has already said work never stopped and that the MiG is on schedule, and I've no reason to doubt him, but the announcement at least will make it "official". Will continue to wait with fingers crossed.

Edited by TooTall

I agree. And to be honest I find it quite strange that instead of putting up somewhere an official announcement stating that there are ongoing issues with the team and progress will be halted until further news, the forum was hidden out of nowhere, and a few project members are coming to some topic in a chit-chat section and giving some unclear answers to some questions. But in the end I'm willing to buy the module anyway, it's understandable that when we are dealing with people we can't avoid a few senseless situations once in a while. :)

+1

Please don't take this as rushing or demanding a update or anything like that but we are now not far at all from the last known release date, if everything is still on schedule, we are not talking about months away, we are talking about weeks and as such, it is at critical time where promoting the product will be important, if anything, to offset the controversy that is apparently all but over.

I know that this stuff takes time and that I don't really know at all what is going on behind closed doors but if the release date is still March 30th, well, I think some promotion will offset the controversy at this point.

As I said, I don't mean to sound like I am demanding something, I am just concerned and it is a thought that entered my mind, you could already be up to something like it but I thought I would say it anyway.

What we mean by "old" videos is simply that a lot of them showcased the MiG-21 when it was a completely different beast. Essentially every video except the latest one.

In the past 1,5 year of development, the MiG-21 has been almost entirely rebuilt, both art and code.

Announcement coming in the first days of next week. :)

Hey Cobra847 time to wake up it's 6 am in Helsingborg. off to work.

Time to make that (Announcement coming in the first days of next week) it's Thursday 4pm in Sydney Australia and near the end of the week. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Cobra847 time to wake up it's 6 am in Helsingborg. off to work.

Time to make that (Announcement coming in the first days of next week) it's Thursday 4pm in Sydney Australia and near the end of the week. :)

o8hivoG.jpg

Apologies for the slight delay, we're just waiting for our new forum to go live.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

o8hivoG.jpg

Apologies for the slight delay, we're just waiting for our new forum to go live.

new forum? Does it mean all content in previous one will be lost?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

No, we have opted to keep it as a legacy read-only subforum.

good to know that, thanks cobra.

btw, can we be lucky enough to see the announcement this week? And will the new video be released at the same time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |