Quick and dirty Afghanistan style repint of DCS world.

Stratos

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Stratos blessing (and great credit to him for the idea and effort) I've re-textured much of his Desert Terrain and I'm tweaking the finishing touches to create a JSGME format mod that will replace Autumn.

I expect to have it uploaded and available in the next 24 hours, but for now here are some images to whet your appetite

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey great choice of aircraft for the screenshots this looks really interesting. Good work.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

nice :thumbup:

are those palm trees part of the mod (from Stratos) or your mod+ Highwayman-Ed ?

Yes they are :)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here it is!

Screen_140219_215222_zps6364c7db.jpg

Screen_140219_215040_zps56680f1c.jpg

Screen_140219_215137_zps61649f13.jpg

Screen_140219_215403_zps9e0c2cef.jpg

Screen_140219_185253_zpse54ca63b.jpg

Screen_140219_215346_zpsdf14a071.jpg

Stratos will update the first post soon. This terrain mod will replace the default Autumn terrain. Install using JSGME for best results!

Download

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here it is!

Stratos will update the first post soon. This terrain mod will replace the default Autumn terrain. Install using JSGME for best results!

Very nice, !!

2 questions:

has the tree issue been solved that several users had after appliying this mod?

is this fully multiplayer compatible?

cheers

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

In VA server, around some areas I've seen this mod working, not everywhere.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It's a local client side re-presentation of texture files. The MP server or other clients haven't got a single clue whether you altered textures or not. Hence it is always MP compatible unless a server side check is initiated to test local file integrity but that's not the case atm.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

It's a local client side re-presentation of texture files. The MP server or other clients haven't got a single clue whether you altered textures or not. Hence it is always MP compatible unless a server side check is initiated to test local file integrity but that's not the case atm.

Correct. This only modifies your textures that you see personally. It doesn't affect the units in the game, it doesn't change anything about a mission, and it doesn't need to be installed on a server to work.

The only reason that anybody else other than you needs to install this mod is so that when they look out of their canopy, they see the same awesome view as you :)

And yes, the trees are fixed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey uh... Don't wanna bitch or anything but don't you think the palm trees look a bit Miami Vice-age for an A'stan-like country full of dust?

Feel free to change them yourself. The trees do of course have some artistic license, they're the best images of the type of trees that I was looking for, and there are actually 2 species of Palm that you will see in the mod that are only native to California if you want to get specific. If you can find unlicensed, free to use, high resolution images of native trees from Afghanistan, Syria, Israel, Iran, Iraq or any other Middle Eastern Nation that we're imitating here, let me know and I'll happily update it, for free.

The primary file you need to modify for the trees is r_for.tga.dds but there are about 20 more files to change the trees in villages, tree lines along fields, cities and airfields if you feel like doing it yourself.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
Answering a stupid comment
  • Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feel free to change them yourself. The trees do of course have some artistic license, they're the best images of the type of trees that I was looking for, and there are actually 2 species of Palm that you will see in the mod that are only native to California if you want to get specific. If you can find unlicensed, free to use, high resolution images of native trees from Afghanistan, Syria, Israel, Iran, Iraq or any other Middle Eastern Nation that we're imitating here, let me know and I'll happily update it, for free.

The primary file you need to modify for the trees is r_for.tga.dds but there are about 20 more files to change the trees in villages, tree lines along fields, cities and airfields if you feel like doing it yourself.

Not to be a pedantic ass or nuttin' but how come there arent any mirages in that desert of yours? How come you havent done this yet??? How dare you. :joystick:

• Like 2

Quick and dirty Afghanistan style repint of DCS world.

Thank you for the explanations. I'll keep my eyes out.

Then you should have stopped right there....
Take your troll attempts elsewhere please.
Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory