DCS 1.2.7 Open Beta - Now Available

Wags

No offence to anyone, but sometimes its tough being a moderator and/or tester as if your words are chosen to perfection, they get over analyzed to the next degree ;)

This is true. Guilty as charged.

If we all think, we are probably pretty confident that Sobek wasnt claiming no new bugs at all, I mean he might be a Fangirl Goddess, but its not that bad :)

True, he could be a Belieber. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? DCSW has bugs? Unbelievable!!!! ;-)

P.S. 1.2.7 rules even in it's beta state - I've no complaint's other then ED being directly responsible for me not having a life outside DSCW... lawyer!!! I need a lawyer! :-)))

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

That heavily depends on what features you use, but i agree, it is a step in the right direction.

+1. A great step forward.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Okay, I'm about ready to light the world on fire.

I have a couple copies of A-10A that I bought so Sweetest can get into the action a bit faster. I'm trying to install it... and I can't get the fricken module to load into the beta for ANYTHING.

WTF are the steps to get A-10A to activate in the beta?

And no, I'm not really that mad- but good grief.

Let's take it one step further.

So I download it in 1.2.6 and have it installed- but it never asks me for a key. As a result, I'm sure there's some communication lacking between 1.2.6 and 7...

All I get in my A-10A module manager with 126 is no key. Go to buy... says I have no keys...

And yet I have 2 copies of A-10A and all I want to do is load the fricken thing in 127 (or 6 for that matter).

I understand the high fidelity nature of the sim... but the sim should practically throw itself at you when you want to load a new module. New module? GREAT! Slap your key in here and lets go.

I already love it- so I'll work through it. But if I got some 8 dollar module on sale or for Christmas I'd have walked away the last time I was in here b1tching about it.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• ED Team

I think, we will continue open beta practice, so, if you want to be in "one step forward", I suggest do not delete your Open Beta installation folder. It doesn't interfere with release installation.

Added. However, new beta installer will inherit local copying possibility, so old Open Beta installation can be removed.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I think, we will continue open beta practice, so, if you want to be in "one step forward", I suggest do not delete your Open Beta installation folder. It doesn't interfere with release installation.

would be nice if DCS: A-10C Beta customers also have the chance to participate on the EDGE engine beta.

assuming you have it (them) already working in 1.2.6 all you need to do is load into single player 1.2.7 and click on module manager and find the A10A and click install :smartass:

all the work should be done automatically for you.:joystick:

Yeah... exactly.

Sigh- maybe it'll be easier now that it's an open download.

Sith- I don't often add anything either so the process is pretty new to me. I haven't tried adding it on the page... somehow I didn't even know you could.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• ED Team
Yeah... exactly.

Sigh- maybe it'll be easier now that it's an open download.

Sith- I don't often add anything either so the process is pretty new to me. I haven't tried adding it on the page... somehow I didn't even know you could.

I think its new to activate on the website, again I havent tried it. But I think you are right, now that its out of Beta maybe you wont have as much issue as you can download it, or should be able to.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
would be nice if DCS: A-10C Beta customers also have the chance to participate on the EDGE engine beta.
If we will decide to continue Open Betas, (and I hope it will be) - of course you can get access to EDGE prior it released.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

So, limit the Beta access to a minority of the community, based solely on when they bought one of the modules, and disregard the fact that since then many more have started playing the game who are just as dedicated to DCS? Yeah, for some reason the "let's give the old breed a treat" doesn't sound very nice to me and most others, who didn't buy the A-10C in Beta.

So, limit the Beta access to a minority of the community, based solely on when they bought one of the modules, and disregard the fact that since then many more have started playing the game who are just as dedicated to DCS? Yeah, for some reason the "let's give the old breed a treat" doesn't sound very nice to me and most others, who didn't buy the A-10C in Beta.

I don't think that is what Rik meant.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

DCS 1.2.7.23803 Release Update 1 Change Log EN

DCS 1.2.7.23803 Release Update 1 Change Log EN

Multiplayer. Improved server stability.

Combined Arms. Multimonitor Setup. Compass scale will shows in right position.

A-10C. CADC will works after repair.

F-15C. TWS. Added command 'Return To Search/NDTWS'. 'Unlock TWS Target' renamed to 'Target Unlock' command.

UH-1H manual updated.

Group fails to spawn if group ID is not specified for coalition. Fixed.

Su-25T. The CCIP mark will movable in the all height of HUD.

Fixed wrong location and name of the video file after video rendering.

A-10A. Corrected cockpit shape and textures.

ATGM launchers doesn't launch second missile. Fixed.

Some minor graphics tunes.

Discuss :)

(BTW 'Multiplayer. Improved server stability.' this is an understatement - it's ****ing AWESOME now :D)

that update is for openbeta or 1.2.7 final?

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.