LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.0

DArt

Hi DArt,

DCS and Windows 7 are 64bit.

I used this guide already, my files were already installed in the correct folder - so no copy&paste for me. I opened the port 10310 in my router as well.

If I host a server with LotATC installed, there is no problem. Only, if I enable LotATC in the DCS options, I get the CTD.

Maybe, there is a incorrect file, which is created/ activated, when I enable LotATC ... ?

regards,

Fire

Ok, could you activate LotAtc, launch multiplayer session and send me the following files (all in your {user}/Saved Games/DCS/Logs:

• DCS.log
  • LotAtc_server.log

I will check what happens if there is something interesting in logs.

Have you some others mods like Slmod on your DCS?

[edit] oops, cross-posting with DArt...

Hi Fire,

DCS and Windows 7 are 64bit.

I used this guide already, my files were already installed in the correct folder - so no copy&paste for me. I opened the port 10310 in my router as well.

Well, so far so good!

Maybe, there is a incorrect file, which is created/ activated, when I enable LotATC ... ?

I don't think this is the more probable issue.

Any ideas?

Yes, let's try :)

My first hypothesis would be that the issue may be mission-related, or mod-related.

Is it mission-related?

To determine this, could you test with the attached mission? This one we're sure is working with LotAtc, cause we used it for lots of tests before 0.9.0 was released.

Conversely, could you provide us the mission with which you encountered the problem? We would be able to test it on our machines.

Is it mod-related?

Do you run a "vanilla" DCS or do you have mods? If mods, which ones?

++

Az'

[test] LotAtc 0.9.0 humans v2.miz

spacer.png

Ok guys,

here the information you want.

Installed/ modded:

+ TARS

+ Tacview

+ Ricardos "Horse of war" cockpit mod

My mission and the logs attached, I'll test your mission later this evening.

Thanks,

Fire

DCSMix_Ziele.miz

CTD_Logs.zip

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok guys,

here the information you want.

Installed/ modded:

+ TARS

+ Tacview

+ Ricardos "Horse of war" cockpit mod

My mission and the logs attached, I'll test your mission later this evening.

Thanks,

Fire

Ok, for the mods no problem with them, I have the same :)

The mission is ok and run correctly with LotAtc on my side.

in your logs, LotAtc seems installed correctly, but there is one line strange. To get more information, could you run your mission again with the following modification please:

Open the c:\Users\Fire\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\net\server.lua file and change the line16 from

local atc_enable_debug = false --Enable verbose output in dcs.log, usefull to report problem

to

local atc_enable_debug = true --Enable verbose output in dcs.log, usefull to report problem

and give me the DCS.log that will be generated, it will just make LotAtc more verbose :)

Thanks.

LOL :)

Similar to the 'cats pyjamas' the 'bees knees' is for some reason a colloquial term for something that is 'very good' in English. It probably came from rhyming slang :)

He was just asking what people thought of it as it sounds really good.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Hi DArt,

I updated DCS with the latest patch and changed my server.lua as you described, and now it works fine. :)

Is it possible to get the QNH in the more usefull unit "inHG"? I know, LotATC reads the QNH direct from DCS, but in the most/ western cockpits it isn't usable.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi DArt

Coud it possible display small RCS target such as SAMs, Mavs?

Could it possible display the detection from AWACS/JSTAR in the furture? (I checked the features list and AWACS has beed added.)

Thanks

Edited by RglsPhoto

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Hi DArt

Coud it possible display small RCS target such as SAMs, Mavs?

Could it possible display the detection from AWACS/JSTAR in the furture? (I checked the features list and AWACS has beed added.)

Thanks

It could be possible, in fact LotAtc see everything at beginning and I remove items with different filters.

AWACs is already working to build the final picture. JSTAR and AWACs advanced feature (like tracking, unit type detection) will arrive in future release.

That would be nice if ED added an E-8 (or a Sentinel, or...) to the simulator. :thumbup:

In the meantime, based on DCS database, it seems an AN/APY-1 (E-3 radar - I haven't checked for others AWACS for now) has some ground targeting capabilities (RBM, GMTI...) but the description is quite basic ATM (too much, in fact).

What will be tricky is for LotAtc to decide if each ground vehicle would be detected IRL(*), and hence should be displayed on the controller's screen.

(*) lots of factors:

- vehicule stationnary or moving?

- vehicule's shape?

- vehicule's surroundings: plains or mountains? buildings in the area? forests?

A nice challenge :)

++

Az'

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry DArt, but still don't work on =RAF=Server. Any comments?

Here a checklist :)

1. Be sure you get the second version of the file, the first one will not work.
  2. Check server install with this link
  3. Check that you have correctly enabled LotAtc in DCS options
  4. Check port 10310 is opened in Tcp
  5. You run DCS 1.2.6, if it is 1.2.7 check this

If you pass this checklist and it is not working, launch a mission, stop it after some seconds, and send me:

• DCS.log
  • LotAtc_server.log
  • LotAtc_client.log

All theses files are in your {Users}\Saved Games\DCS World\Logs