LotAtc 4 DCS - 0.9.0

DArt

A major evolution

LotAtc 4 DCS 0.8.0 was released six months ago on May 2013, the 14th. Since that time, two bug fix minor versions were achieved.

During this time, I keep working on the next step, according to the Features. After one month of stabilisation, it is now ready.

I am very happy to announce the release of the 0.9.0 version, the Public Beta 2 of LotAtc 4 DCS.

This is not a simple update but a major evolution for gaming experience. LotAtc 4 DCS is now even more realistic with relief masking, spherical radar management (with blind areas), but also contacts management (you can change contact's symbol or name and they are all synchronised with others coalition controllers).

In Realistic mode, it becomes harder to follow bandits in mountains in low altitude, as in real life...

0.9.0_b3_1_C6.jpg

The 0.9.0 development has been focused on radar simulation engine and then LotAtc 4 DCS provides three levels of realism:

• Arcade: you see everything. You can learn with this mode or show a game to spectators, no masking!
  • Basic: relief masking is applied but radars are spherical without blind areas and contacts are automatically classified.
  • Realistic: same than basic but with blind areas simulation and no automatic classification.

Realistic_Profile.jpg

See Detection profiles for more information about profiles and Documentation for a full documentation on server and client.

On client side, you can choose colours for allied/enemies, map, symbols set, speed vector mode (based on speed or time) and the displayed language! A new map is available with relief display!

Demo mode

You want to try LotAtc 4 DCS before buy a licence?

Download the LotAtc client and launch it without a license key. You can play it without any restrictions during 10 minutes on any LotAtc server. Limitations are:

• 10 minutes until disconnection
  • Only one connection by LotAtc DCS session (to be able to reconnect, you must relaunch a mission on the DCS host)

No deadline or feature lock, try it!

Future?

Next release will be the 0.9.X with bug fix if any and new features like an internal chat system in order to communicate with other controllers or pilots in DCS.

In parallel, 1.0.0 will be focused on ATC control, tower approach for airports and aircraft carriers:

• Detailed display of airports, taxiways and runaways
  • Approach management
  • ILS slope and glide
  • Radio management with TARS
  • Drawing on map and sharing option

And of course, lots of improvements! See Features

Download

All licence keys are still usable for 0.9.X and the following 1.X versions!

Download

Thanks

Changelog

• Radar now managed with sphere (not cylinder)
  • Manage real radar enveloppe from DCS lua (antenna limits)
  • Add Terrain masking capability with an embedded relief database

• New properties window witch ability to change aircraft name and symbol
  • Add the type of the unit to the properties window

• Add display of current detection profile on client
  • Add Weather display
  • Add Time of mission display
  • Add Bullseye display on the map
  • Add new Map with terrain data

• New variable %(posit_bulls) for aircraft labels
  • Add ability to set max number of characters for %(name)
  • %(name) is now replaced by TN# in the label and properties for an enemy aircraft
  • New default values for aircraft labels
  • Allow rotation in inverted direction for aircraft labels
  • Transient Labels (type only) for ground and sea-based units

• Set vector speed time more customisable
  • Speed vector in zoom independant mode
  • Speed vector computation
  • Speed Vector detached from the symbol

• Correct a bug: Ships badly managed
  • Network code re-designed for better handling of multiple clients

LotAtc is now compatible with ServMan3: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/news/30

Edited by DArt

What about radar tracks with time-outs, Dart?

Modern radars store track information in memory and keep displaying predicted flight path until the (user configured) time-out. A track changed color/blinks when the radar fails to update it, indicating that it is timing out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What about radar tracks with time-outs, Dart?

Modern radars store track information in memory and keep displaying predicted flight path until the (user configured) time-out. A track changed color/blinks when the radar fails to update it, indicating that it is timing out.

I have planned to manage it in next step, for 0.9.x or certainly for 1.0.0. On each release, I try to add more and more realism. :)

With 0.9.0, if a target disappears, it will keep its configuration and if it appears again after a while, it will have always custom name/symbol/track number.

In future, if a contact disappears, it will lost all customizations (symbol/name/track number) in realistic mode.

Hi DArt,

thanks for the update! Will try the demo - I hoped for something - and think, I'll buy it in beta phase, if it convinces me - at least with 1.x.x (with the constant hook-function). :thumbup:

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was gonna try out the demo but keep getting "Connection and authentication error: Demo time expired on this session". Although i just started it.

And sometimes DCS crashes after this message.

Latest DCS version.

LotAtc 0.90

Connecting to 127.0.0.1

Using the server password to connect.

Connecting as Rivvern

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Was gonna try out the demo but keep getting "Connection and authentication error: Demo time expired on this session". Although i just started it.

And sometimes DCS crashes after this message.

Latest DCS version.

LotAtc 0.90

Connecting to 127.0.0.1

Using the server password to connect.

Connecting as Rivvern

Some checks to do:

DCS server has LotAtc 0.9.0 installed correctly (see http://lotatc.dartsite.org/projects/lotatc/wiki/Server_Installation_guide ):

• You see the LotAtc icon in Main menu (like others modules)
  • You have enable it in options->special->LotAtc
  • On multiplayer launch, you have your login entered in connect window (if not, it means trouble on server install)
  • You have a LotAtc_server.log file in the logs directory of DCS (same than dcs.log) )

If all is good,

send me the following files, all are in {Users}/Saved Games/DCS/Logs directory:

• dcs.log
  • LotAtc_server.log
  • LotAtc_client.log

In fact, I am talking of the DCS login. If LotAtc server has install problems, the connect window of DCS (on server list) display void field for login / password, and you have to enter them.

Check if you have the LotAtc_server.log after running a multiplayer DCS mission, if not, there is a problem with install.

Not sure but... "using the server password to connect" may be the problem if you mean the same password that a DCS client (pilot) will use.

LotAtc client does not use DCS server password to connect. LotAtc has its own passwords: by default "blue" or "red" depending on which coalition you're connecting to.

spacer.png

Hi DArt,

I wanted to test LotATC 9.0, but if I enable the server in the DCS options and try to start a DCS server, I get a CDT (see here: CTD starting a server)

I get DCS to work again and tested, if the error occurs with LotATC. I installed the server with your documentation again, port forwarded the 10310 port and get the same error.

Any ideas?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi DArt,

DCS and Windows 7 are 64bit.

I used this guide already, my files were already installed in the correct folder - so no copy&paste for me. I opened the port 10310 in my router as well.

If I host a server with LotATC installed, there is no problem. Only, if I enable LotATC in the DCS options, I get the CTD.

Maybe, there is a incorrect file, which is created/ activated, when I enable LotATC ... ?

regards,

Fire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]