Are Tanks To Strong?

Andi31

Hi,

I've noticed that the tank-MGs are very strong. When I attack a tank with my gun (A-10C) I often get hardly damaged (burning engine, dead TGP, Gun, systems with just a short burst from the tank..) and sometimes (more tanks) I even get shot down.

Even the AAA isn't as strong as the tanks, when it hits me I have some holes in my A-10 but not more. Yesterday a SAM hit me and I had no system crashes or dead engines/flaps!

So, are the tanks simulated "realistic"? I think they're too strong (or the AAA isn't enough/or the A-10 is not sturdily enough)

What do you think or what experience do you have with the tanks' strenght?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shoot while out of range from them. Use any missile, bomb or higher angle of attack when approaching them and pull the trigger a little earlier.

Once you attack TURN. When approaching straight at them it is the same as if you were standing still. Very easy to hit.

Also tanks tend to have a big gun machine gun on them. Some include the ma duce which can reach out and touch very far and shread your aluminum plane.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Wait for RRG Studios to release The P-47D with 8...Yes 8 .50 Cal Machine Guns.It is well known in The IL2 Community that a .50 cal direct hit will flip a German Tiger Tank on it's back like a Upsidedown Turtle on it's shell:D

There's no way in hell it's true, but whatever.

.50 cals at a modern tank might scratch the paint... bust up any soft stuff they have sitting on the outside of the tank like shovels or extra gear... wheras 50 cals at an a10 will turn everything but the cockpit into rubble....

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait for RRG Studios to release The P-47D with 8...Yes 8 .50 Cal Machine Guns.It is well known in The IL2 Community that a .50 cal direct hit will flip a German Tiger Tank on it's back like a Upsidedown Turtle on it's shell:D

LOL! Perhaps they flipped over a wooden tank decoy or something without noticing the difference. Decoys work, YAY! :D

I've noticed that the tank-MGs are very strong....

They are not. Actually, they are too easy to kill with less than 100 rounds needed sometimes:

B7barPrsB5k&hd=1

All depends on how you engage them.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think the TO is about the accuracy of the top mounted M2 0.5cal guns on the tanks. As the guns from a BRDM methinks they are manually operated by the crew, but I have more respect from these guns, than from a ZSU.

IRL the tank commander would be worried about other stuff than trying to engage a jet with his spray gun, but I might be wrong. I was often surprised too, about the accuracy of the tanks MGs.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Tank mounted MGs, as well as most other turrent mounted guns, are way too accurate against air targets. It has been explained to me once by a programmer that this cannot be fixed without breaking the AI routines to engage ground targets, so I assume that the logice used is the same for both.

Engaging aircraft with guns without a fire control system is very hard. So hard actually that the US Army uses a technique called volume fire. Here you do not try to lead a target but instead shoot at a fixed point ahead, hopefully letting the target pass through your stream of fire:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/44-8/ch5.htm

image218.gif

image219.gif

image220.gif

Tank mounted MGs, as well as most other turrent mounted guns, are way too accurate against air targets. It has been explained to me once by a programmer that this cannot be fixed without breaking the AI routines to engage ground targets, so I assume that the logice used is the same for both.

Just read through the thread and noticed, that this is the only answer to the TOs question "Are tank mounted MGs are too strong?" while all the others (19!!) told him how to fly and fight... :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5