70% OFF!!

rextar

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Steam sale, can I just purchase a module here, obtain serial key, and then download the module via DCS website and insert serial key here? I don't want to use Steam to play DCS...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 MHz 6 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

Windows 7 x64

How does it work to purchase a module off steam with DCS world, which is not in my steam library?

ok from a bit of searching here it appears I can buy from steam, then D/L the module here and just use the key from steam?

Edited by Uther

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Why I ask the 70% off on steam only? Ok its great for some who maybe cant afford all the modules at their full price but it leaves those who did pay full price thinking WTF.

Obviously DCS do this for a few reasons. Bring more people into the DCS arena who would not normally spend 50+ dollars on a flight SIM and secondly to generate more funds to keep things going on the development front. This is fine but IMHO and from the many fellow pilots I fly with DCS if it does not get a serious injection of fun factor which it has not had for some time then many active pilots will start to drop away. Edge will do this once its finally released and with a new graphics engine and terrain theater (Nevada) people will be busy again exploring the new found map. But for how long?

QUESTIONS

Can anyone confirm/speculate what if any other maps will be coming to DCS?

When can we expect the next full hardcore aircraft like the A10?

And one last thought is about another attack helicopter. No Ah64 A or D models? Pilot and CPG compatible, that's old technology used in Janes Longbow 2 but in 20 years we have seen no one replicate it?? I understand DCS is about accurate modeling but for the Joe average hard core simmer he wont mind if a few guesses have been made in areas where top secret technology information is not available. If a decent AH64 Module came out, I would pay a 100 bucks for it.

Why I ask the 70% off on steam only? Ok its great for some who maybe cant afford all the modules at their full price but it leaves those who did pay full price thinking WTF.

oh god, not again :mad:

because thats how life is, if you hadnt bought it and waited there would have been a sale, theres no sense in complaining since you wanted a product sooner.

Is everyone who bought full price game on steam, ever suppose to scream and yell, everytime it goes on sale, because THEY got the thing for more money that means that everyone else should purchase it at the same price?

I think the answer is no.

Good luck to those who get the discount with Steam. I'm happy with what I've paid to date so no tears here if I see a recently purchased module discounted down.

I don't like the idea of mixed Steam and DCS sourced installs anyway.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

So anyone knows if Steam's serials are compatible with modules downloaded from ED's website? :helpsmilie:

For me it worked fine, bought the A10 module back then since it was discounted on steam. You make the install start (so you can copy the key), then stop it, download the a10c module from ED as usual, and insert the key in game and that's it.

For me it worked fine, bought the A10 module back then since it was discounted on steam. You make the install start (so you can copy the key), then stop it, download the a10c module from ED as usual, and insert the key in game and that's it.

Thanks Valinor, let's just hope that it will for for UH-1H Huey as well :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2800 MHz overclocked @ 3400 MHz

A-DATA Extreme DDR2 800 MHz 6 GB

GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB, overclocked 650/1600/950 MHz

Windows 7 x64