No english cockpit language for the Mi-8?

Well... perhaps I'm missing something or it's just because it's in beta state, but alls switches, buttons, etc are labeled with cyrillic letters/russian language, even though I set set the cockpit language to english in the game options.

Is there currently a way to use an english cockpit language for Mi-8?

I hope it is planned to include english cockpit label in the final release.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Last I checked it was a Russian helicopter. ;) Hover the mouse pointer above a button/switch/knob and you get a english tooltip.

The same holds for the Ka-50 but there is an english cockpit language included. This nullifies your argument completely. ;)

So belsimtek: An english cockpit language, PLEASE! :)

PS: If DCS or someone else will ever produce a Me-109, I would expect an english cockpit too. German would be no problem for me at all :D, but I doubt that most DCS user an english version of the cockpit would be much easier to understand. And even thinking of a japanese Zero will give me headaches. ;)

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Don't remember if it's been confirmed or not but it's been mentioned in the wishlist thread. The tooltip will certainly get you by though. Personally I don't mind since when you learn what everything does you don't need to read the labels anyway every time you use them so the tooltip is sufficient.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't remember if it's been confirmed or not but it's been mentioned in the wishlist thread. The tooltip will certainly get you by though. Personally I don't mind since when you learn what everything does you don't need to read the labels anyway every time you use them so the tooltip is sufficient.

Well, I dont think so. English labels will make it much easier to build a map in your mind. I would expect that 90% or way more people that are flying in DCS can at least read english. And even the rest can read latin letters. Cyrillic letters are only known to a few of us.

It's best not to expect things as this is a beta but it has been said by one senior member of the community and member within the team that if Belsimtek does not release an english cockpit they would try and make and release it themselves.

It's very likely in the future that there will be a English cockpit version.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

In your Docs folder there is a manual for the Mi-17. At the end of it you'll find drawings of the cockpit with English labels that you can use. In the meantime I'm enjoying this challenge! :)

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

It's best not to expect things as this is a beta but it has been said by one senior member of the community and member within the team that if Belsimtek does not release an english cockpit they would try and make and release it themselves.

It's very likely in the future that there will be a English cockpit version.

That may have been me. It should be noted that ED was not going to release an English cockpit for the Ka-50, but prior to release, a community member took it upon himself to create one. It has a couple of errors but it very good overall. It was certainly good enough to be implemented into the release version of the game. (This is why all of the manuals only have references to the Russian cockpit, the manuals were essentially complete by the time the English cockpit mod was implemented.) I suspect the same will happen in this case. Either Belsimtek will get around to creating an English cockpit, or someone from the community will create a mod for one. And who knows, maybe it will even get included into the release version!

I only mentioned myself in the process because I have access to all of the required manuals and, of course, the actual helicopter, so I could take pictures.

Of course, I don't have complete info because our helicopters don't have all of the same systems (for example, no armament systems), but whoever makes the mod will hopefully take community input and it will all work out in the end.

EDIT...

In your Docs folder there is a manual for the Mi-17. At the end of it you'll find drawings of the cockpit with English labels that you can use. In the meantime I'm enjoying this challenge! :)

I suspect this would be sufficient to get someone started with the mod right now! :P

Edited by AlphaOneSix

or you can try memorising this:

s10PN.jpg

MtVCQ.jpg

detail

mj6Nt.jpg

cOClX.jpg

r34L.jpg

D9OJL.jpg

ZKafP.jpg

xZ1NB.jpg

fSAe5.jpg

amj1.jpg

Ybyrg.jpg

lEp2c.jpg

CBWbS.jpg

TpbKg.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have no problems with Russian pits. It's a Russian machine and I want everything as authentic as it gets. In fact, I've learned Cyrillic only to be able to read cockpit labels back in Flanker 1 days. :)

For the Shark, I'm of course using Russian labels as well, and have no problems finding whatever switch I want. Only those damn acronyms cause me headache. Like when EKRAN shows ОТКАЗ ЭЗУ-Ц or something like it. How the hell I'm supposed to know what ЭЗУ-Ц stands for? ;)

It's a Russian machine and I want everything as authentic as it gets.

Well the helicopters in our hangar at work all have English cockpits, and they are pretty authentic!

However, there is a good argument that anything with en English cockpit is, by definition, an export version, and therefore, not an Mi-8 at all, but an Mi-17. Kazan could build two identical aircraft, but if one was for the Russian military or civil service, it would be an Mi-8MTV-5, while the EXACT SAME helicopter with an English cockpit for export would be an Mi-17-V5.

Well the helicopters in our hangar at work all have English cockpits, and they are pretty authentic!

However, there is a good argument that anything with en English cockpit is, by definition, an export version, and therefore, not an Mi-8 at all, but an Mi-17. Kazan could build two identical aircraft, but if one was for the Russian military or civil service, it would be an Mi-8MTV-5, while the EXACT SAME helicopter with an English cockpit for export would be an Mi-17-V5.

Isn't our Mi-8MTV2 actually an Mi-17 with the tail rotor on port side?

Ok the source is wikipedia (Mi-17 tail rotor port side) so I'd better ask you!

'Frett'

Yes, no argument about that. I just meant to say that when I fly a Russian helo with Russian markings (especially a military one), the cockpit would naturally be in Russian. And I have no problems with that.

Of course it would be nice to have both Russian and English version, just like with Black Shark. Especially since, as you say, there are ones with English cockpit in real life.

Thanks, always wondered what exact difference is there with these two.

Isn't our Mi-8MTV2 actually an Mi-17 with the tail rotor on port side?

Ok the source is wikipedia (Mi-17 tail rotor port side) so I'd better ask you!

The first Mi-8 with the tail rotor on the left (port) side was the Mi-8MT. The export version of this helicopter is the Mi-17 (note that there is nothing after the "17", it's just a straight -17). These aircraft had TV3-117MT engines, while previous version of the Mi-8 (mostly Mi-8T and Mi-8P) had the TV2-117 engines. Anyway, the Mi-8MT was upgraded around the time of the Afghan war with TV3-117VM engines, which they still use today. That first version of the Mi-8MT with the upgraded engines was called the Mi-8MTV-1, while the export version was the Mi-17-1V.

The Mi-8MTV-2 does not, strictly speaking, have an export version as far as I can tell. They were all made for the Russian military (as an "assault" helicopter) so technically, no Mi-17 version of it exists.

The naming convention for the Mi-8/17 series of helicopters is extremely difficult to follow and makes very little sense from a Western point of view. For anyone interested in the development of the Mi-8 and Mi-17, I cannot recommend the following book enough:http://www.amazon.com/Mi-8-Mi-17-Rotary-Workhorse-Horse/dp/185780161X/

The first Mi-8 with the tail rotor on the left (port) side was the Mi-8MT. The export version of this helicopter is the Mi-17 (note that there is nothing after the "17", it's just a straight -17). These aircraft had TV3-117MT engines, while previous version of the Mi-8 (mostly Mi-8T and Mi-8P) had the TV2-117 engines. Anyway, the Mi-8MT was upgraded around the time of the Afghan war with TV3-117VM engines, which they still use today. That first version of the Mi-8MT with the upgraded engines was called the Mi-8MTV-1, while the export version was the Mi-17-1V.

The Mi-8MTV-2 does not, strictly speaking, have an export version as far as I can tell. They were all made for the Russian military (as an "assault" helicopter) so technically, no Mi-17 version of it exists.

The naming convention for the Mi-8/17 series of helicopters is extremely difficult to follow and makes very little sense from a Western point of view. For anyone interested in the development of the Mi-8 and Mi-17, I cannot recommend the following book enough:http://www.amazon.com/Mi-8-Mi-17-Rotary-Workhorse-Horse/dp/185780161X/

Thanks for the info!

Shame that there is not going to be an English pit. Going to see if I can mod the textures myself using that Mi-17 manual as a reference...

EDIT:

EB, do you mean by English-labeled tooltips or an English pit like the Ka-50 has? I assumed the tooltips as you can see above from my reaction but I'm not sure what you mean by English-labeled...

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

We've decided to do an English-labeled cockpit. In the meanwhile, there's a community mod already in progress. Have not tried it myself yet, but would love to hear how you like it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113080

Nice to hear. :thumbup: