Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No source, it didnt happen:D..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Trying to understand the context of that photo. The left is EDGE and the right is their old game engine?

left is real, right is EDGE, with WIP textures.

Low res, place holder textures.

Yes, the Point du Hoc is most certainly a comparison image. Note that game image is using low resolution, placeholder textures.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Edge?

Hey guys,

Reasonably new to DCS, I have heard some talk about Edge and what it could mean for DCS performance.

Could someone explain briefly what this is and answer some questions like will it be implemented in the campaigns, release date and so forth.

As my current box is reasonable but still has performance issues, this got my attention.

Thanks.

Restating all the info here in a new thread would be quite redundant, so there´s a sticky thread with most of the relevant info probably buried in there somwhere. ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80468

It seems that there is going to be another map beside Nevada somewhere down the road - a map on/around Corse of yet unknown size.

What´s also interesting is that in the Kickstarter video of DCS WWII Europe 1944 ED officially states a number of 20 new releases in the next 18 months, so there´s that... ^^

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

In case someone missed this bit of info:

BOOM! Headshot!

0c69e19fc5e81592d9782e5bb95c7e6e_large.jpg?1373375928

318dcb930a19e2f0e3e4a1f0c7f19308_large.jpg?1373376158

Those are examples of terrain based on EDGE technology that will also be used for the Normandy map. However, those two images are from an unannounced map that is in development.

Try Ajaccio, Calvi

Compare to first one for confirmation:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=41.923546,8.762541&spn=0.027843,0.055189&t=h&z=14

So it looks like a Corsica map is in development for DCS. I'm really curious about the extension of the map. It's not a very obvious location for a combat sim.

Ah ? it's happening, finally ?

Corsica has declared their independance, killed once again their governor, bombed every police and army bases ? and the Charles De Gaulle is deployed in mediterranean sea?

This island can't survive without the mainland. Maybe some Rafales and Mirages 2000 can show them why ?

haha, good find by the way.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Corsica has declared their independance, killed once again their governor, bombed every police and army bases ? and the Charles De Gaulle is deployed in mediterranean sea?

This island can't survive without the mainland. Maybe some Rafales and Mirages 2000 can show them why ?

Now you just need to work the russians into it somehow, and you have a perfectly good plot for a DCS campaign.

Now you just need to work the russians into it somehow, and you have a perfectly good plot for a DCS campaign.

Easy peasy.

After Corsica has proclaimed itself independant, Russia becomes the first major country to recognize it as a sovereign state, and to prevent France from taking it back by force, Vladimir Putin sends a "peacekeeping" force, led by his trusted newly-appointed General, Gérard Depardieu.

:smartass:

Imho Corsica will be only a part of a much bigger map... Let me speculate that the new map will include also Sardinia, Sicilia and north coast of Africa (Algeria, Tunisia, and mainly Libya). That should be great battlefield for naval ops, starring DCS: Hornet and also WWII ops like support of invasion to Sicilia or battles in Africa.

At the current point I´d say that´s not even speculation anymore. Eventually we will have stuff like this in DCS. Just look back to BS1 and the release of the A-10C compared to what we have now - who would have guessed?! :) All it takes is (a lot of) time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!