The July 26th Wags Update! Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That almost looks like it could be under exposed shadow from the smoke. With the camera pointed at the sky it would tend to have a high shutter speed, even with the clouds. Seeing this makes me tend to think it still should be white.

day02_60.jpg

Maybe its possible that not all flares are created equal?

EDIT. Also, it occurs to me that perhaps altitude affects the smoke colour based on the oxygen density? I know that connoisseurs of fire can tell a lot about it based on the colour of the smoke. Black smoke from steam locomotives used to mean that you had too much heat (or something) while white smoke meant you were starving it or letting too much water in, and a nice dark gray was the sweet spot.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Here you can see both, black and gray smoke. Imho it is caused by the position of light source, aka the sun :smilewink:

firework.jpg

7125_85d6_960.jpeg

Edited by Suchacz

guys remeber its Work in Progress

I don't think anybody is trolling and whining that it sucks... yet.

Mostly, people are pondering what the goal is or should be for the final product, that is when how and why the smoke from flares would be black versus white.

Understanding the why is important for people making an educated appreciation of the quality of whats being done, even if we can have faith in those who do it. Many people are not satisfied with just assuming anything done is right, they want to know why its good and correct and that just deepens their appreciation for WHY its so damned good.

I believe this is rather common amongst hardcore flight simmers.

Yes, and now is the moment to speak.

When it´s done it´s late. :D

well ED fixes things, eventually.

I don't think anybody is trolling and whining that it sucks... yet.

Mostly, people are pondering what the goal is or should be for the final product, that is when how and why the smoke from flares would be black versus white.

Understanding the why is important for people making an educated appreciation of the quality of whats being done, even if we can have faith in those who do it. Many people are not satisfied with just assuming anything done is right, they want to know why its good and correct and that just deepens their appreciation for WHY its so damned good.

I believe this is rather common amongst hardcore flight simmers.

Just saying so it doesnt turn into another Nevada unjustified criticism thing, thanks to which we will now have no Nevada updates.

Though you could say if you're openly showing your not yet finished work, you should expect, and be ready for it to be critiqued.

What makes you say we will have no Nevada updates? We had one recently and I don't recall seeing anything stating there would be no others.

Comes from this posting by Wags. I believe there is a misunderstanding by some people, he merely said no more WIP images, he never said he's not going to give any updates on Nevada.

We'll be holding off on future work in progress images of Nevada until it is further along.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1817353&postcount=107

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Personally I don't really care about a future Nevada update. I would much rather like the current version to be hotfixed to a playable state again (1.2.5 w/ FC3 for example - the A-10a is no longer playable due to missing functions - ie. pitch/roll trims).
ditto. The A-10A is quite the mess.

Update 2 for 1.2.5 is being worked on that has the most emphasis on resolving A-10A issues.

If I give you an e-hug every time you post relevant information, can I convince you to ignore the meanies on these forums that make you wanna stop telling us stuff?