Powerful Weapons of WWII Series

As I recognised not so many WW.II. related object exist within DCSW and I decided to start a new mod series and want to fill this gap in paralell with other developments.

First I selected some non-usual weapon that could serve as targets for both P-51D and CA mission makers as well. After that I should focus on some standard ground units as well.

All models will be CA compatible of course and has custom armor declarations for a better simulations...

The 1st mod within this series will the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus German World War II super-heavy tank.

Edited by beczl
  • Like 3

Hahaha awesome! This kind of thing is why sims are so fun.

Please tell me you're going to do the Ratte as well.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Correction: 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

The working Maus prototypes remained at Kummersdorf after being tested at Böblingen. Maus V2 was ordered to Wünsdorf to protect the OKH, Probably 205/1 was ordered there, too, as support for the 205/2 if it drove into mud or to help with diving through rivers (where it would have served as generator unit for 205/2). 205/2 ended at the Hindenburgplatz, in front of the bunker Maybach I, where it was destroyed by placing charges in the engine and fighting compartments. Because it had ammunition stowed under the turret, it was damaged more extensively than 205/1, with the turret being more or less intact. Maus V1 didn't reach this area. It is unknown if the V2 actually fought or not.

After the war, the Soviet Commander of Armored and Mechanized troops ordered the hull of V1 to be mated with the turret of V2. The Soviets used six German FAMO-built 18t German half-tracks, the largest half-track vehicles that Germany built in the war years, to pull the 55 ton turret off the burnt-out hull. The combined V1 hull/V2 turret vehicle was completed in Germany and sent back to the USSR for further testing. It arrived there on May 4, 1946. When further testing was completed the vehicle was taken over by the Kubinka Tank Museum for storage where it is now on display.

Nobody can talk about these weapons are usefull or useless. I know in reality these tank never ever goes in this configuration to real combat mission. (Same as many existing unit in DCSW env as well) But other hand as I mentioned could serve as targets for WWII planes. I think it's quite more authentic than P-51D attack modern tanks....

But if I recognised players won't interest in I will close this thread and drop these public mods as well.

I happen to think that a series of WWII vehicles, ships and weapons would lend the authenticity that the P-51 and future WWII modules really need.

I think it's really quite a good idea and that naysayers are just critical for the sake of being critical.

First, thanks for your efforts in bringing us some WW2 stuff! Much appreciated, really. But why the Maus? It really feels like a wasted effort compared to common vehicles like a StuG, SdKfz 251, or a PzKpfw IV, a Panther or a Tiger. I'm certainly not complaining about "free" stuff, but the choice of the model is rather strange. Attacking a Maus platoon with a P-51 is about as realistic as attacking a platoon of "German" T-55s. IMHO.

Edited by Para_Bellum

Nobody can talk about these weapons are usefull or useless. I know in reality these tank never ever goes in this configuration to real combat mission. (Same as many existing unit in DCSW env as well) But other hand as I mentioned could serve as targets for WWII planes. I think it's quite more authentic than P-51D attack modern tanks....

But if I recognised players won't interest in I will close this thread and drop these public mods as well.

Ok, no harm intended, I've deleted my posting.

Nice model :thumbup:

I like your size comparison image :D ...with 190 tons this dinosaur is not a fast mover

attachment.php?attachmentid=82973&d=1370244426

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Ah look at all the possibilities.

You play some World of Tanks matches and get killed by some noob with a Maus. You are so frustrated you stop playing WoT and launch DCS. You get into your comfy little A-10C and set 50 Maus-es agaist you. Just image the joy of the avanger making 170 tonns of melted steel, the image of this beast on your maveric screen... or the second after a CBU-97 is deployed. Ah the joys. After you satisfied with your self, you can go back to WoT and start it all over again :lol:

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

First, thanks for your efforts in bringing us some WW2 stuff! Much appreciated, really. But why the Maus? It really feels like a wasted effort compared to common vehicles like a StuG, SdKfz 251, or a PzKpfw IV, a Panther or a Tiger. I'm certainly not complaining about "free" stuff, but the choice of the model is rather strange. Attacking a Maus platoon with a P-51 is about as realistic as attacking a platoon of "German" T-55s. IMHO.

Why Maus? The answer is really simple I have many unfinished models most from ~10years ago when I created many mods for MS CFS2. One of them the Maus.

Also I'm not an expert modeller :smartass: so I choose Maus first due it has a very few object and has most flat surfaces.

Nice model thumbup.gif

I like your size comparison image biggrin.gif ...with 190 tons this dinosaur is not a fast mover

Yeah. It rush with 13-14km/h. So the M1 easily circle them.. :megalol:

Ah look at all the possibilities.

You play some World of Tanks matches and get killed by some noob with a Maus. You are so frustrated you stop playing WoT and launch DCS. You get into your comfy little A-10C and set 50 Maus-es agaist you. Just image the joy of the avanger making 170 tonns of melted steel, the image of this beast on your maveric screen... or the second after a CBU-97 is deployed. Ah the joys. After you satisfied with your self, you can go back to WoT and start it all over again lol.gif

Yeah. I play WoT since their start. And often killed by Maus as well. :megalol: But at DCSW a CBU-97 can't kill them as I recognised. It need at least three hit by 125mm gun or ATGM or AGM-65 to kill it.

• ED Team
I have 72 unfinished model. But if you want "Combined Arms - WWII" should need some cloning at my side. :D

Maybe not clone, but maybe a mind meld to impart your wisdom on others so stuff like this doesnt happen:

flak_zpsad7a4395.jpeg

Ok, I did fix the scale already :doh:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png