Current DCS World versions MP stability thread

Mustang

I thought i'd just start this up, basically we'd like to see some reports of how current versions of DCS are standing up during multiplayer, the feedback can greatly help the progression of the DCS titles in the future.

• Like 1

I have been hosting MP missions and so far one in particular, OP Odyssey Dawn (an older 1.1.1.1 mission) has been plagued with weapons issues since the update, Mavs exploding mid air and gbu12s missing properly locked targets or making no impact at all. The other missions I have tried seem to be okay. I have seen in another thread that certain aspects of the Separatist's Aggression missions are malfunctioning but I haven't seen that yet. I will post any other issues I see in the future on this thread. Thanks for starting it. HERE is a list of missions I will be testing with 1.2.4

Edited by Blooze

Yesterday I had my first crash (appcrash in dcs.exe) since starting to fly multiplayer almost daily. Never had a crash in 1.2.3. though. Mission was a very simple one from the filebase where all the modules can be used. Only spawnpoints do exist, but no goals, triggers or something. Just basic fooling around.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Just thought i'd mention something, there has been an issue with AWACS aircraft in multiplayer where the client would see ghost contacts of aircraft that have been shot down - if this is still occurring in any of your missions simply remove the A-50 or E-3 then place in a new one and save, this should solve the problem.

(P.S I've just realised the post I made here isn't really stability related, but it's useful anyways!)

Edited by Mustang

Another thing that's important are numbers, how are you folks doing in terms of player counts?

I saw the 51st server yesterday peaking at 38 clients and it seemed to stay that way for a good amount of time - unfortunately I was testing at the time and wasn't able to join in and see how it all looked, my main concern would be client warping and other such stability issues, would be nice to get an account of how things transpired.

A useful tip for newcomers: if you are experiencing dropouts from servers change your connection speed to LAN in your multiplayer options, this also applies to anyone wishing to host.

Edited by Mustang

Regarding warping, it is happening whenever a player has a "freeze" on his front end, therefore it isn't something of a server side that I've seen.

Our server got to 21 with 1.2.3 and was solid stable, maxed yesterday with 16 players with 1.2.4 and was also stable as much as I saw.

Missions vs versions

I belive that every time they release a new version all missions must be open with editor and save it before going to multiplayer and then problably work alot better.

I guess...

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

I belive that every time they release a new version all missions must be open with editor and save it before going to multiplayer and then problably work alot better.

I guess...

Yes this is a good habit to get into between versions.

Server crashed just now for the first time.

Logs attached.

Have you also got a track of this session? (I know that can be difficult since tracks can corrupt) other info would be good too, such what was happening at the time before the crash - this way I can check with the testers version and try to replicate the crash.

I having a unique problem with a buddy's mission, I appear to be missing a FW-190D9 in order to run this mission. Not sure why but every time I join his game it loads until it crashes DCS World completely.

If I'm missing this file where would I get it from if the recent update did not provide it?

The following is the message I get when attempting to load the mission via ME.

Errormsg_zpsbf4aefe7.png

Edit: Problem Resolved, didn't know I needed to go check the FW-190D9 in the module manager. It wasn't checked as Green but as Gray.

Edited by Razgriz_37

The server is alot more stable then it has been

Our server peaked at 30 pilots last night and it was fine, other times it can have 2 people on it and the dcs.exe will lock up

no tracks as its an alt F4 job

just tried it again set a LAN. still "Connection Interupted" tried 3 servers.

Are you on an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to your router? you might be experiencing packet loss that could result in an interrupted connection if you're using wireless.

ok same as above but now after using the new update, I Get "Connection Interupted" on every single server before its even loaded.

Patch totaly broke multiplayer for me.

Using optical broadband on a physical cable (Not Wifi)

Windows 7 64bit

i7 950

Asus 560ti

12 gigs Kingston ram.

ok same as above but now after using the new update, I Get "Connection Interupted" on every single server before its even loaded.

Patch totaly broke multiplayer for me.

Using optical broadband on a physical cable (Not Wifi)

Windows 7 64bit

i7 950

Asus 560ti

12 gigs Kingston ram.

I am guessing that many of the servers are still on 1.2.4.11652 so that's why you fail to connect (this will change once everyones updated) try the server named '104th Dedicated @1.2.4.11855' in the list.

I am guessing that many of the servers are still on 1.2.4.11652 so that's why you fail to connect (this will change once everyones updated) try the server named '104th Dedicated @1.2.4.11855' in the list.

just tried it for the 104th Dedicated server but its the same. Will try again later.