WIP LotATC on DCS

Will the alarm state (radar on/off) be exported for each unit so that a CA player manipulating their radar sam coverage will correctly change the view of anyone using LotATC?

Radar coverage is totally dynamic so it should work. I will make some tests on that to be sure :)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good!!! :thumbup:

Reminds me of Red Storm Rising... but in the air... boy do I love simple little things with vector directions firing things at other things with vector directions... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

boy do I love simple little things with vector directions firing things at other things with vector directions... :D

Along with cries from pilots from the radio, that you'll only answer with a cold-blooded, calm voice. :smartass:

Wow, thats awesome! I didnt even know there exsisted, certainly looking forward to this. :D

Oh, yes, this is the 4th LotAtc. This is a complete new software, but the concept (and the name) dates back to... FC1 (late 2005/early 2006).

Cheers,

Az'

PS: DArt is AFK for a couple of days, but steady progress is made anyway (testing, declaring bugs, writing the doc, talking to RL ATCs on what are the better choices on this and that, writing specifications for future/enhanced features, testing again... and so on). :)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the release of LotAtc 4 DCS for next week (one more week!).

LotAtc 4 DCS is an air traffic control software for DCS World (multiplayer), made by DArt.

It is composed of a server which is a (free) third party module for DCS, and of a client that is a (payware) stand-alone application.

This new generation of software has been completely reinvented: the (working!) principles have been preserved or improved, but the code is 100% brand new, which is a big job!

The price of the client license is 20 € (*), and the purchase may be made by PayPal.

(*) For individuals or non-profit organizations..

LotAtc 4 DCS official wiki is itself open to the public as of today. This wiki is the documentation center for LotAtc 4 DCS.

You can now read the guides & manuals made for LotAtc 4 DCS; be aware that documentation work will continue and will be expanded in parallel of the software developments.

The software? What about it? Well, LotAtc 4 DCS will be available (initially) as a public beta:

• May 14, 2013: release of the first public beta, this will be version 0.8.0.
  • A second beta with more features (version 0.9.0) will follow a few weeks later.
  • Then will come the version 1.0.0, the first full version to allow you to guide pilots for operational tasks (GCI/AWACS, Air Defense).
  • And the adventure does not stop there: Additional features, including the Air Traffic part will be launched later ...

You will find details of the present and future features on the LotAtc Features page of the official wiki.

Non-listed to date additions are not to be excluded, especially after v1.0.0! ;)

Feel free to browse the wiki while DArt and the test team iron the last detected bugs/issues and polish the release candidates.

The LotAtc 4 DCS forums also are open to any comments, questions, messages about this development.

Happy reading and see you next week!

DArt & The LotAtc team

signature.png

LotAtc 4 DCS 0.8.0 RC1 will be stress-tested over the next fews days (during a LAN).:joystick:

We (fellow testers and I) will kidnapp DArt for the time being. :smartass:

Don't worry if he doesn't answer right away, and rest assured he'll have food and drinks ... that is, if LotAtc works well! :angel:

If not, he'll get many incentives to (live) code RC2, RC3 ... and so on :clap_2:

++

Az'

(@ DArt's wife, if you read that: just kidding, please don't ambush me next time I stop by) :surrender:

spacer.png

BTW, Eddie, long time ago you had a question:

The option to have all new contacts classified as bogeys until ID'd would be nice, even if it's an additional option in the settings.

We can now confirm this will happen!

• In the first public beta release (0.8.0), one symbol ("square bridge", i.e. real symbol for civilian/IFR flights) will be displayed for all aircraft (with no ability to change it).
  • When the second beta (0.9.0) will be released, controllers will be able to set the symbol used for displaying aircraft (to precise their classification, e.g. friendly liner/transport, friendly fighter, unknown, hostile... etc.). Symbols will be shared among clients (controllers) of the same coalition. Default (automatic) classification will likely be dependent on the detection profile (arcade/basic/hardcore) enforced by the server (or perhaps a separate setting). In hardcore profile, the default classification will be "+" (aka pending classification)

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

Back from the LAN: mass test success :)

LotAtc 4 DCS 0.8.0 is now in RC3, and the RC4 should be "the" one for tuesday.

Three screenshots showing the beginning of an engagement north of Tbilissi, during our LAN party:

Two fighters flights: Falcon Alpha ("FA", F-15Cs) and Vodka ("VDK", Su-27s) go north to engage bogeys #532, 533 and 534, to protect the muds.

In the meantime, Tusk ("TK", A-10Cs) are already attacking ground targets and Red Wolves ("RW", Ka-50s) are on their way.

On the last screenshot, Shark flight ("S", A-10Cs) is airborne, bound to the west ground targets. After that, I was too busy issuing pictures and ordering retrograde to the Tusk (we got a leaker) to make more screenshots. We won in the end, despite some annoying remaining bugs with the AtoA missiles in DCS 1.2.4.

Note the different units used in the aircraft labels:

• When speaking to the Su-27s (screenshots #1 and 3), I used Metric mode, with altitudes in thousands of meters + one decimal. For example on the first screenshot bandit #532 is at "12", meaning 12,000m (in the release, it will read 12.0 actually).
  • When speaking to the F-15Cs (screenshot #2), I used the Imperial mode, altitudes are displayed as FL (flight levels, hundreds of feet). On the second screenshot bandit #532 has climbed and is now at FL416 (41,600ft or 12,680m high).

Also Pouka made a superb splash screen for DCS, packaged with LotAtc server. I'm not sure I'm allowed to show it here & now, but you'll soon enjoy it :thumbup:

Cheers

Az'

LotAtc_1.thumb.jpg.c2d55c328c1b32733eaa3be887178151.jpg

LotAtc_2.thumb.jpg.c898e5494a72d8beddb42928fc296ecd.jpg

LotAtc_3.thumb.jpg.c0c1f00bd833f492c731ae41d13d17cf.jpg

spacer.png

It is a complete new software. Nothing is common with the v3, DCS is different than FC2, all has been rewritten from scratch, this new version:

• is More stable
  • has very low impact in performance
  • will have more feature to come
  • is totally integrated with DCS

See here for more information on the current status for tomorrow release and what will come in next versions: http://lotatc.dartsite.org/projects/lotatc/wiki/Features