1.2.4 CHANGE LOG

Raven68

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed no 6DOF pit for FW190. Yam on shoe, ED! Shame on you!

Would it not be worse if it had one but only the AI could use it?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

I'm equally annoyed that we don't have a 6DOF B24... c'mon ED get with the program.

One step at a time my friend... We'll get there eventually. :smilewink:

Edit: Looks like we ALL jumped in on that one.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Cant wait to see if Su-27s TWS auto-lock and EOS vertical slew is fixed.

CA makes this simulator feel by far more realistic then anything before.

Great news on the pits and all best wishes that MP is more stable together whit CA.

Keep up the good work ED, Thank you.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Who said that? :huh:

ATM, AI pilots don't need it, they don't use headtracking, they use padlock only :D

Edited by Suchacz

I wonder if the CBU and smoke fps fixes will be multi core and 64bit system dependent. We all play this game with so much of our resources locked in the closet... Maybe that's why it remains an unaddressed problem?

I doubt it. The FPS issues related to these effects took place long after there was a 64bit version of DCS (I think the original A10 was 64bit)

In any case, I hope they find whatever is causing these effects to be so heavy on our systems and squash it. They really affect the game very heavily. The CBU87 is a good weapon, and kinda can't be used at the moment IMO.

I doubt it. The FPS issues related to these effects took place long after there was a 64bit version of DCS (I think the original A10 was 64bit)

In any case, I hope they find whatever is causing these effects to be so heavy on our systems and squash it. They really affect the game very heavily. The CBU87 is a good weapon, and kinda can't be used at the moment IMO.

+1

If they don't solve it this time fine, But if they don't even acknowledge it then things are coming off the rails.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Fair enough... but yes- whatever it is it'd be nice to hear a "we realize this is affecting gameplay, and we know what needs to get done but we just don't have the means by which to do it." At least acknowledging that they know what's causing it would be nice.

I've started making CBU-87 / 103s unavailable in the mission editor level of the missions. I also don't currently use MRLS of any description.

On the other hand the 1 guy who comes in and flies the Su-27 likes the updated model / skin.

"ENO"

I want 12 DoF Pits.... There.... I Said it...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

mmmh, the actual 64bits doenst works like a true 64bits because of 32bits compatibility, there are some limitations, IMO.

Then there is hope.

I think it was improved but improved and fixed aren't always synonymous... Between that and all the smoke issues people are having it's safe to say there is still some work to do.

I may be holding on to an old problem- in which case hey... I'll retract but I'm quite certain it's not where it needs to be to prevent affecting gameplay.

"ENO"

The 32 bit is, however, a completely separate executable.

Sure, but i think that the actual 64bits works like the 32bits version. It's for that reason they want to move 64bits only. To avoid all 32bits limitations.

I can be wrong :)

Eh Nate- the CBU thing has been going on forever and as you said they're aware of it.

But do they know what the actual problem is, and how to fix it? I'm sure we'd all be happy to be told "we know what the problem is, we know how to fix it but it's going to have to wait."

Maybe I'm feeling too entitled but "someone" telling us that would really help us (me) drop the issue.

• Like 1

"ENO"

I'm starting to panic. I think the new update is making my system crash but not sure. Only since the new update I'm flying for about 5 mins then I'm getting a temp crash (for a few seconds) at which point it comes back online then a couple of mins later my comp completely crashes. Weird thing is there are no crash logs in the dcs file! Is it maybe something else. Everything seems up to date. Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Eh Nate- the CBU thing has been going on forever and as you said they're aware of it.

But do they know what the actual problem is, and how to fix it? I'm sure we'd all be happy to be told "we know what the problem is, we know how to fix it but it's going to have to wait."

Maybe I'm feeling too entitled but "someone" telling us that would really help us (me) drop the issue.

Drop the issue when you get the fix :)

Nate

^ so you're saying to keep pestering ED?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

A new effect for cluster munitions is being developed to address this issue, but it simply is not ready yet.

And the Force Feedback FPS drops for Sidewinder FF2 users? It was fixed for the 1.2.4?

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount