Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

Come On ethereal, that's no way to run DCS. Need 3 screens as a minimum. ;)

One for game, one for forum. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are twisting my words, I love constant updates, I don't like being told that it is being finished up and packaged in a installer and then, yet again, we get another message saying that there is something wrong.

Constant updates are great, making us think that it is about to be released and then announcing a delay is tiresome.

Not sure how you got that I don't want updates at all from my original post.

So...

When it IS being finished up and IS being packaged to an installer... you don't want to be told? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Let me correct that for you. ;)

Three for game, one for forum. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

That is actually the only time I want to be told, assuming that it is actually coming. ;)

And if we do not test the installer prior to release?

What then?

Release with a blocking bug?

Oh wait.........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

And if we do not test the installer prior to release?

What then?

Release with a blocking bug?

Oh wait.........

This is pretty simple, I don't know why everyone is twisting my words.

If you are at a point when you are actually going to release, then tell us, until then, just tell us about the progress.

It really is that simple, not sure why everyone keeps putting words in my mouth.

The volume of message in this topic proves the massive interest in that game. :)

Weekly update is just fine !

The few that aren't happy with weekly communication.... What are you doing in there ??? If you don't want communication, just don't read patch related messages and enjoy other section of the forums !!! :doh:

Must be your end cos for most of us we have no problems..

I don't think it is on his end, I tried very hard to get 1.2.2 to work for me, my buddy and I made simple missions and we still had random crashes 100% of the missions we ran, I just recently tried to join a 1.2.2 server and got kicked kicked to desktop both times (one on joining the server and one after getting my aircraft started).

This is why I am sticking with 1.2.1 until 1.2.3 comes out, it is difficult because I can really only play online with others who still have 1.2.1 installed.

If you are at a point when you are actually going to release, then tell us, until then, just tell us about the progress.

It really is that simple, not sure why everyone keeps putting words in my mouth.

No disrespect but, tried not visiting the forums? Problem solved. :pilotfly:

:music_whistling:

Edited by Irregular programming

Get out of the forums? :pilotfly:

:music_whistling:

What is your problem? seriously?

All I am saying is that they should probably not give a strong impression that we are about to get a release and then delay it yet again, I mean, if you know 100% that it is about to come out than that is the time to say that it is about to get released, if you don't, just talk about what is going on and keep us informed.

I don't know where you get that I don't want updates at all, I just think they should be mindful of the impression they give in the updates.

+1

Customer service is less about drip-feeding information and more about the subtle art of managing expectations :music_whistling:

This is ridiculous. We can't even fly online with current version.

In A-10c i get RWR spike and boom, crash.. someone fires a missile and boom, crash...(by logs)

Tanker in mission: can't join server, crash.

AI aircraft airbone cant join server? because a few minutes after the start of the mission no one can connect??? Are you serious ED?

Im not only one who have same problems.

Why did you deleted my post, because it was directly under Wags post?

I don't know where you get that I don't want updates at all, I just think they should be mindful of the impression they give in the updates.

You have been here long enough to have learned how much weight to give any information about release dates.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What you are not understanding is that that is EXACTLY what was done.

02-11-2013:

Over the weekend, the test team once again hammered on network play and the results looked good with no crashes; although, not as many participants as we would have hoped for took part. Today we are building a new release installer for 1.2.3 that we hope to release soon.

02-18-2013:

Over the weekend we had a good test with over 20 test members online. However, with the number of players online, issues did come to light that the programming team in Moscow will do their best to address this week. While it is certainly not a promise, we will do our very best to release of 1.2.3 by the end of the week.

02-25-2013:

We share the frustration of another Monday without 1.2.3 being ready, but in the course of working on 1.2.3, what we term a "blocking" bug was introduced into the game. Specifically, helicopters unable to ramp start. This would break a significant number of missions / campaigns. We will now fix the issue, create a new installer, test the installer, and then release 1.2.3. We sincerely hope this will go quickly. No one wants to get 1.2.3 out the door more than us!

Now read these carefully. You were given good information about what was going on, including best estimations of progress and release times, but explicitly no promises. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

02-11-2013:

Over the weekend, the test team once again hammered on network play and the results looked good with no crashes; although, not as many participants as we would have hoped for took part. Today we are building a new release installer for 1.2.3 that we hope to release soon.

02-18-2013:

Over the weekend we had a good test with over 20 test members online. However, with the number of players online, issues did come to light that the programming team in Moscow will do their best to address this week. While it is certainly not a promise, we will do our very best to release of 1.2.3 by the end of the week.

02-25-2013:

We share the frustration of another Monday without 1.2.3 being ready, but in the course of working on 1.2.3, what we term a "blocking" bug was introduced into the game. Specifically, helicopters unable to ramp start. This would break a significant number of missions / campaigns. We will now fix the issue, create a new installer, test the installer, and then release 1.2.3. We sincerely hope this will go quickly. No one wants to get 1.2.3 out the door more than us!

Now read these carefully. You were given good information about what was going on, including best estimations of progress and release times, but explicitly no promises. :)

DING! DING! DING! DING!! We have a WINNER!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

02-11-2013:

02-18-2013:

02-25-2013:

For future reference , instead of all this unconvincing closing of ranks and circling of wagons, a simple '**Forget**;) you, it'll be done when its done' is a much more persuasive argument :)

Edited by Mandrake5

I understand your point of view but I still think that one should be extremely careful how one phrases things when it comes to such a important release.

I think everyone here is taking offense and being defensive for no real reason here, I am not saying that I don't want updates, I am not saying that we should not be kept informed, all I am saying is that the news we do get is usually worded in such a way that it is not hard to think "oh, okay, they are about to get this out" instead of just telling us what problems are fixed, what is being addressed and what results they have gotten thus far.

In your above examples it is EXTREMELY easy to think that they are on the verge of releasing, they mention installers (which means to the layman that the patch itself is done, it might not be correct but that is the impression I got, perhaps I am simply a idiot) and they even give us a date to expect it.

Please keep in mind, I am not saying this out of anger or just trying to bellyache for the heck of it, please keep in mind that many can't really do online play with the current version (at least not without playing largely gutted missions) and that makes this patch rather important, many are really anxious for it to be released.

Thus, it is important to make sure that (as someone above put very well) you manage the expectations of your customers carefully.

I am sorry you don't agree but that is how I feel as a customer.

02-11-2013:

02-18-2013:

02-25-2013:

the+office+jim_halpert+impression2.jpg

Don't resort to swearing, it will get this thread locked up.

Blanking single or several characters of a swear word does not mean you are complying with forum rules, please keep that in mind.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

technically isnt that against the rules, Purposely bypassing filters by substituting characters, that is?

Least most places i go have that rule, whilst waiting for 1.2.3, I think I'll give the ToS/Rules another read through.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

technically isnt that against the rules, Purposely bypassing filters by substituting characters, that is?

Least most places i go have that rule, whilst waiting for 1.2.3, I think I'll give the ToS/Rules another read through.

It's ok I fixed it so everyone's happy, and sorry to mods for the transgression :)