WIP LotATC on DCS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the project:

Server:

• DCS Unit management: retrieve all datas from DCS (detection/threat range)
  • Detection filter for speed and radar coverage. The radar coverage is the sum of all units with detection range like SAM/AWACS for each coalition
  • Client authentication (password/name/coalition)

Client:

• Big update on the map: very precise, GPS coordinates management (MGRS/UTM is coming).
  • Can add your own map very easily (with same precision)
  • Ready for other place in the world like Nevada by managing all coords with longitude/latitude
  • Display of detection/threat range for units
  • Display of unit data
  • Measure line (distance/heading)
  • Authentication with server

Project:

• Beta test is on the way (first test version for them next week)
  • From now, only 64bits version of DCS will be supported. If there is a lot of people who ask for 32bits, it could be possible but it is not my priority from now...

LotAtc is on the way, I hope to deliver a first version around march/april, depending of beta test :)

After that first version, lot of features will coming like datalink management, chat with pilots, airport display... and more...

I will post some screenshots of the client in few days...

thanks for the heads up DArt ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Awesome.. looking forward to it.

One thing, when you say datalink, does host act as ATC or AWACS then client(FC3 plane?) receive the target data from it on HSD or something?

My idea (but can change) is to implement a datalink between controllers and DCS units with datalink like A-10C/Ka50/F-15E. Controllers could get information about unit current target (lock, fire..) and more (current SPI...)

Of course, server could choose which data could be exchanged. The aim is to stay as realistic as possible :) so for FC3 planes, there is no datalink.

Displaying plane data on LotAtc is quite easy for all units, but injecting these data into DCS is a lot more difficult (perhaps using net chat for example...)

However, features will be implemented with discussion of all LotAtc users. If lot of them ask for a datalink for FC3 planes, I am open, could be an option. LotAtc will be user-driven as much as possible ;)

• Like 1

Any chance of a limited use beta for the upcoming SimHQ DCS Fly-In? I know that they were hoping for some live ATC/AWACS folks.:joystick:

However, features will be implemented with discussion of all LotAtc users. If lot of them ask for a datalink for FC3 planes, I am open, could be an option. LotAtc will be user-driven as much as possible wink.gif

At least in FC3, the Flanker variants (and the MiG-29 as well, I think) use a passive datalink in BVR mode when there is an A-50 in range. I'm not sure if this counts (or if it would even be necessary given the existing FC3 implementation), but it's a thought.

Edited by Home Fries

Thanks Dart ... looking forward to it. :thumbup:

My Wishlist:

+ Impementation of the DCS mission editor B/E for GCI targeting (later DCS modules)

+ cooperation with TARS

+ quick-lock-function (you can easy choose two [or more] targets to get targeting information between them, not only by drawing a line)

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My idea (but can change) is to implement a datalink between controllers and DCS units with datalink like A-10C/Ka50/F-15E. Controllers could get information about unit current target (lock, fire..) and more (current SPI...)

Thank you for replying.

Sounds really promising.. I'm a bit surprised by the flexibility as the only things I know that bridges between DCS World and external software is some codes in export.lua and arugements in main_panel.

The aim is to stay as realistic as possible :) so for FC3 planes, there is no datalink.

However, features will be implemented with discussion of all LotAtc users. If lot of them ask for a datalink for FC3 planes, I am open, could be an option. LotAtc will be user-driven as much as possible wink.gif

Did quick search on F-15 on google, if my English understanding and information on internet is right, at least 2001 version of F-15(TWS + 63 = APG-63v1) is modeled in FC3.

Some of USAF F-15s had JTIDS in 90's(got it in mid/later 90's for urgent need of datalink and being threatened to cut their budget if they wait for MIDS(?)) but reality is very few of them actually obtained it(25).

Rest were going to have MIDS after completion of evaluation in 2001 (?)

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2001/q2/news_release_010402n.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/6-24-8/tadilj.pdf

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/budget/fy2001/dot-e/airforce/01fdl.html

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:CSTTXMYfomwJ:www.dfeeler.com/forecastinc/sampledocs/AirborneElectronics/JointTactical.doc+JTIDS+budget+cut&hl=ja&gl=jp&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShy52xzgccjHy88L7aDJzMChmhpKi_GUAUFa0rZ3G5gIhoLJZjPxPtHCCSMkbHBeFOlwUIMkL2LVOp0Zt4IYqKKXGf8G-eOocYgaJ_BDvTry50DTFwvJFOXDxpfMB-hhDZgq0tR&sig=AHIEtbTBNDSY7LV3YHoN_XzqriSg8T08qQ

What I want to say?...I'm for datalink for FC3 F-15C if those info or my understanding on the articles is right.:)

Hey DArt, I'm not sure if these has been asked before but I'm curious to know

Can this be used on Single Player or is it just for multiplayer?

How can it benefit single players?

I'm not an online player but I want any module that's available! lol

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

As Pilot AND ATC would need to be human It would be kind of MP.

However, of course you can fly with only one human controlled aircraft and a human ATC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I'm a bit surprised by the flexibility as the only things I know that bridges between DCS World and external software is some codes in export.lua and arugements in main_panel.

I spend some months for that ;) and as I said in earlier post, I have no need of classic export.lua interface, I am plugged in DCS in another way :)

Hey DArt, I'm not sure if these has been asked before but I'm curious to know

Can this be used on Single Player or is it just for multiplayer?

How can it benefit single players?

I'm not an online player but I want any module that's available! lol

You are the first one for this new version :)

Currently, LotAtc will be only available in multiplayer and for the server only (client will no need of DCS at all). A single player could certainly work but need some work (not planned).

As Laud says, LotAtc is a human controller software for human pilots and for single player it is not really useful I think. However, you could always run the single player mission on multiplayer session...

For all LotAtc for Lockon users, there is more constraints for server (should be a multiplayer session and LotAtc server run only on the DCS server) but it garantee more features, avoid cheating and more integration with DCS. For the client, you will no need DCS at all ( no DCS installed, no DCS script, nothing...).

Currently, LotAtc will be only available in multiplayer and for the server only (client will no need of DCS at all). .

You want to say, that you will have to run a DCS World server, and LotATC as independent app?

So, LotATC must run on DCS World server, no chance to run as a client?

You want to say, that you will have to run a DCS World server, and LotATC as independent app?

So, LotATC must run on DCS World server, no chance to run as a client?

From now, LotAtc server will run only on the DCS server. It should be technically possible to run it on client, but need work for that. As said before, if there is a lot of demand, I could make it in future.

I prefer make a simple configuration for first version, but I am ok to think about others in near future :) This configuration is also secure for public servers as only server could use it, so no cheating from client. It was a request for old version.

For LotAtc client (used by controller), it is totally an DCS independent app.

Thx for answer. It would be nice to run it also with a client DCSW, because very few of us have a public IP adress to run a DCSW server. And not all of them want to serve as ATC.

And what about the situation, when there will be (I hope) a dedicated server app, running on a server with remote acces only?

Im looking forward to your app, it will definitely bring some fresh wind to MP! :smilewink:

...and +1 for TARS cooperation

I wonder if there could be any interaction between this and the simulator scripting engine. For example lotATC user issues command on their screen, the relevant client aircraft will receive a trigger.action.outTextToGroup with the order and a bearing/range. If that would work.... it opens up a plethora of possibilities.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thx for answer. It would be nice to run it also with a client DCSW, because very few of us have a public IP adress to run a DCSW server. And not all of them want to serve as ATC.

And what about the situation, when there will be (I hope) a dedicated server app, running on a server with remote acces only?

Current LotAtc Server for DCS is fully integrated with DCS server, so when you run a multiplayer mission, you have nothing to do, the ATC server is launched and configured in background... (there is an option to active/desactive it in DCS options page). So, it is not a problem for remote server, same workflow than usual.

If there is no LotAtc client ( or no more) that is connected, LotAtc server do nothing (no impact on performance).

I wonder if there could be any interaction between this and the simulator scripting engine. For example lotATC user issues command on their screen, the relevant client aircraft will receive a trigger.action.outTextToGroup with the order and a bearing/range. If that would work.... it opens up a plethora of possibilities.

Agree with you, and the response is YES. That is why LotAtc server is integrated into DCS! :music_whistling::D...

(I am an MIST user ;) )

Oh, now I understand :doh:

So LotATC server will be part of DCSW server, and an ATC player will run his client app. Am I right?

And what about a licence? Will them both (client and server) have to purchase a licence, or only the one with a running LotATC client?

Oh, now I understand :doh:

So LotATC server will be part of DCSW server, and an ATC player will run his client app. Am I right?

That is right, the server part in inside DCS (as a mods) and a standalone client with the ui and the maps. Several clients can connect at same time on the server in the different coalition (each coalition with its detected units and radar coverage)

And what about a licence? Will them both (client and server) have to purchase a licence, or only the one with a running LotATC client?

It is not definitive yet, but the idea of one license for server+client is my favorite (can change since first release, I have not finished to plan that )

IMHO, the "free server mod + paid client app" bussines model will bring you more cusomers. But its up to you, of course :smilewink:

And one last (probably) thing: Will the client licence be binded to an ED master server account?