Get 6DOF for Russian Planes NOW!

Tarez

Insert the attached two files under the directory:

Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Config/View

These files enable 6DOF and get rid of the irritating camera angle lock in the Russian planes allowing you to actually look behind you. Since the pits weren't built for this function you may notice some odd cockpit anomalies while viewing from extreme angles. Any problems experienced during install or after is the responsibility of the user. Back to butchering the eagles :joystick:.

Hopefully not so FAQ:

What does this do?

-Removes cockpit angle restrictions and enables 6DOF for all Russian Aircraft

Where do I put it?

-Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Config/View

Now my game doesn't work $#%& :mad: !

-See above

Brought to you by 16th Pyro

The 58th VFW (US Based) is currently recruiting active pilots for all DCS modules!

Server.lua

View.lua

Edited by Tarez
  • Like 2

We just need to get it used by all On line servers. I have found just using a tweeked server.lua without changing the View.LUA works even better ... you dont get the Green poly in the SU27/33 seat or the Yellow "Missing Texture" poly in the SU25

I have suggested on the bug lists that we get this formalised by ED.

Edited by IvanK

Here is my version. Just a change to server.lua. Use the default views.lua to avoid the Green seat poly in the SU27/33 and the yellow missing texture place holders in the SU25.

This gives reasonable 6DOF out the front. It provides a slightly enhanced 6 O'clock view but not a ridiculous (imo) Linda Blair/Exorcist view to the 6 O'clock area. There are a few oddities looking extreme over your shoulder but not to bad (except in the A10). If you just accept the increased 6 O'clock view and don't Strain outwards and backwards looking over your shoulder all is good. Looking forward stretch as much as you like to look around things.

As always back your original up.

Server.lua

Edited by IvanK

It would also appear that whatever server.lua settings you have are captured in Mission editor when the mission is saved.

I jumped into a mission I had made with Default Server.lua and no 6DOF in the russian aeroplanes.

I re made the mission with an edited Server.lua and 6dof was back.

I also jumped into an On line mission and found it to had 6DOF in Russian aeroplanes. I can only surmise that the mission builder had his server.lua modded as well.

Will ther be a version that puts this in but not the extreme effect in these version which highlights all the holes in the cockpits

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Note the update today to version 7204 rewrites the Server.LUA file.

You will need to copy back the 6DOF enabled lua file after the update.

I am looking at a less aggressive lateral 6DOF setting to prevent being able to get your head far enough around to see the texture holes. All experimentation as no guide really exists to describe what does what. Its only a couple of lines that are edited to provide the limited 6DOF. I know the exact lines to edit . Just need to figure what value is appropriate.

An Official variant would imo be a much better idea though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These files enable 6DOF and get rid of the irritating camera angle lock in the Russian planes allowing you to actually look behind you. Since the pits weren't built for this function you may notice some odd cockpit anomalies while viewing from extreme angles. Any problems experienced during install or after is the responsibility of the user. Back to butchering the eagles :joystick:.

Hopefully not so FAQ:

What does this do?

Where do I put it?

-See above

The 16th ACCW (US Based) is currently recruiting active pilots for all DCS modules!

This file helps but still the Russian aircraft don't have 360 degrees of head turn like the the F-15.

• 1 month later...
Here are my own custom files, both server.lua and view.lua (i have 'CameraAngleRestriction' parameters enabled for the F-15C, A-10C and Ka-50 in view.lua)

Cheers Mustang, as ever :thumbup:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Hi guys.

When I change any option in server or view lua my game is not working anymore.It stop and even my computer freeze when is downloading any mission.I have to use hardreset for my computer.Now I use DCS world 1.2.2 basic version only with SU25T on W8 Pro 64 bit.Any solutions for that.

Edited by SVK_Daniel

Hello there.. and first of all. Thanks for this Mod!

It doesn't seem to really work as a true 6DOF in my SU 25 T in version 1.2.3 though. The head just stays in the center... Although the angle changes do happen, and they feel great... compared to being physically restricted after turning your track IR head a couple degrees. Default angles just feels like being constantly hit on your head and humiliated... by your own canopy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JipYAjZ3R5I

Anyways... I love the removal of angle-restriction. But I wonder if it would be actually possible to have the 6DOF working, together with removal of angle restrictions. This mod here works with true 6DOF for my SU25 T including multiplayer: http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/file/2266-dcs-world-su-25t-6dof-cockpit-mod/

Would it be possible to kind of combine the best of both worlds? Or does the 6DOF with this mod actually work and I am doing something wrong? Because I am using JSGME with proper folder structures and the angle restr. works anyway, so I doubt the mistake is on my side.

D:\Games\DCS World\_MODS\Russian 6DOF and Angle\Config\View

And no. I am not accidentally using both mods at the same time. Also tried using the View.lua from this mod, combined with Server.lua from other mod.. but would have been too easy. Maybe this MOD isn't really working for 6DOF in newest DCS World release? Getting both to work would be amazing. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully not so FAQ:

What does this do?

Where do I put it?

-See above

The 58th VFW (US Based) is currently recruiting active pilots for all DCS modules!

I tried these 2 files and had a couple of problems.(Only tested SU-27)

1. SU-27 Could not get X axis to work. All others were fine. Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Y, and Z were fine. X translation would not function.

2. SU-27 My view shifted right in the cockpit. Its like I am now sitting on the right side canopy rail or console.

Tried a couple of other files as well with the same result. Tried copying and pasting, and I tried hand typing as well. Same result.

I have SU-25 and SU-25T working from another post and they are fine.

Wierd

Any takers? I am all out of ideas.:dunno:

EDIT: Tried the other A/C and 6DOF works well. Just have problems with the Flanker.

Edited by Markeebo

• 1 month later...

looking for camera angle lock that will work with FC3 v.1.2.4

Hopefully not so FAQ:

What does this do?

Where do I put it?

-See above

I'm looking for a way to prevent camera angle lock that will work with FC3 v.1.2.4.

This worked with previous versions but not sure if it'll be compatible with 1.2.4 as the view.lua and server.lua have been significantly changed.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

SU 25t 6DOF 1.2.5

Will this still work?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97001&highlight=su+25+6DOF

After looking at the new View.LUA I dont know if it will work. Want to get the full view.

Also to add cockpit pilot is not in english.

Edited by chardly38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...