Western biased .

badger66

I dont understand a couple of things that are going on at present .

(1) As ED are originaly a Russian based company , very little is coming out in DCS for the Russian side ?

(2) All the 3rd party devs are talking about building everything from Corsair to Buckeye , F-15 , F-18 , F-14 , Harrier , Mirage F1 and more .....

I feel that the sim is becoming biased towards western aircraft . Ok , we are getting a Mig-21 and 23 from Bzcel , but that hardly takes on the stuff being built for the west .

Why is this happening ?

Why are there no 3rd party devs doing Russian stuff ?

What I can see happening , is that blue will have a whole host of new DCS quality toys to play with , while red will have FC2/3 type aircraft ....

Question : is this fairly balanced , or am I wrong ?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3rd party developers must see a better market for western aircraft. Vote with your wallet. When bezel shows how a red aircraft is done properly, I'm sure other developers will follow based on his success or failure. Both are a real possibly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 3rd party developers must see a better market for western aircraft. Vote with your wallet. When bezel shows how a red aircraft is done properly, I'm sure other developers will follow based on his success or failure. Both are a real possibly.

Yep , I have already bought the Mig-21 , and looking forward to it too .

Im just voicing my thoughts cuz , many of my online friends fly only Russian gear , as thats what their squads fly , and are starting to feel a little left out .

Edited by badger66

• ED Team

Maybe RAZBAM will

if you are a facebook user take a look here, seems they are not sure if they want to do it for FSX or DCS yet

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151261614884446&set=o.114149571850&type=1&theater

if you dont use facebook :P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Russia traditionally (from the USSR times) has paranoid secrecy in everything military.

Moreover, recently a draconian anti-spy law was adopted (more likely to suppress the opposition, but still) which makes you to be VERY careful in everything involving military and foreigners if you don't want to end up in jail.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

two words to OP:

Ghost Protocol

:D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

What kind of answer do you expect from the developers?

Nate

Just as to why there is little interest from them in modeling Eastern stuff .

Is it lack of nessessary info , or is it that they feel that there might be little interest in sales . It is ok to ask , is it not ?

Yes , I am interested in hearing the opinions from the developers , because Im not wrong about the red side being a little peeved when the blue side has all the goodies , and you cant argue with that .

I prefer to fly blue , but I really feel it for the red side when we jump up and down about blue DCS stuff, when they dont have anything to jump up and down about .

Russia traditionally (from the USSR times) has paranoid secrecy in everything military.

Moreover, recently a draconian anti-spy law was adopted (more likely to suppress the opposition, but still) which makes you to be VERY careful in everything involving military and foreigners if you don't want to end up in jail.

Well , thanks for that info ..... the best answer Ive heard all along .

Not much to be done about that then , it there .

FREE PUSSY RIOT !!!

Just as to why there is little interest from them in modeling Eastern stuff .

Is it lack of nessessary info , or is it that they feel that there might be little interest in sales . It is ok to ask , is it not ?

Of course it is ok to ask, in fact I think you've answered the question yourself. Less potential sales and difficulty in obtaining information.

Nate

I thought the tally of DCS-quality machines is at 2:1 for the western tech (West: A10C and P51D; East: KA50), of which only two are meant for the modern battlefield, which puts the current tally at 1:1.

So I don't get the whole idea of ED and DCS being biased towards western aircraft.

ED has no control over what 3rd party developers decide to go for. And ED's decision for the next DCS-fidelity plane will be completely understandable, if they go for a western fast mover, if a western plane will be a bigger market success and if it's easier to get all the necessary data to properly model a western fighter.

As a fan of russian planes, I too would very much like to see a DCS Su-27/35, and would buy it instantly if ED decides to make it, but at this point I'm just happy ED exists and is willing and capable of providing us with the highest fidelity planes. Honestly, their work is so amazing that y'all should just be grateful there's a team of people crazy enough to do this for a handful of enthousiasts.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

"Russian aircraft suck" is why.

Of course this is not an educated statement, but it is the general sentiment among the mainstream customer base after decades of hollywoodism, which is why so many are poised towards western aircraft. Looking forward to beczl's MiG-21 myself. I'd love to see more Russian aircraft.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Seriously though....what does is matter whether it's a Russian plane or an American one or a whatever else one??? As stated earlier people should be happy there's a developer like ED around. After all, one can only play so much CoD....(Call of Duty not Cliffs of Dover)

Edited by CDR Spectre
for clarity

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

Third party developers certianly change the mix. However, DCS seems to me pretty balanced.

Eastern/Soviet:

1. Current Map

2. Black Shark

3. About half of FC3

4. The Su-25 included free with DCS World

Western:

1. A-10C

2. P-51D

3. Future "Fixed Wing US Jet"

4. Future Nevada Map

5. About half of FC3

Definitely want a balance in aircraft side quantity.. A10 is cool but need some fast mover a bit.. .. more Euro and Russian.. little of everything.. MiG21 and Mirage III, F1 anything little bit older :) it will be a great success .. :)

Fly it like you stole it..

Thanks c0FF. That pretty much answers it ... in my opinion :).

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Life isn't fair, the market isn't fair.. who cares about being fair? Trying to turn a profit.

Third party developers certianly change the mix. However, DCS seems to me pretty balanced.

Eastern/Soviet:

1. Current Map

2. Black Shark

3. About half of FC3

4. The Su-25 included free with DCS World

Western:

1. A-10C

2. P-51D

3. Future "Fixed Wing US Jet"

4. Future Nevada Map

5. About half of FC3

These 2 post about sums it up. Western aircraft have been lagging for how long? Lomac/FC/FC1/FC2/FC3....going on for over 9 years now.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Also being a Russian developer based in moscow, it would make more sense to get more info about western aircraft including tactics from actual pilots. Just make them feel important and some will tell everything. Throw in a couple of obsolete russian aircraft to make the users happy and all's well. :pilotfly:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down