DCS SDK

jmod

With the announcement of DCS World, as add-on developers, we really need a good SDK, like CryENGINE:

http://www.crytek.com/sites/default/files/CryENGINE_FreeSDK_3_4Update.mov

I think supporting 64 bit, DirectX 11 and Multi CPU - GPU by EDGE is necessary in near future (it could add lots of potentials, making life easier for 3rd party developers)!

To manage exceptions, this is a direct port of the Su-25T from FC2 (which we have the property rights to). Please do not expect the same feature set as the A-10C, Ka-50 and P-51D.

It'd be great if everything in DCS World was perfect, Su-25T (6DoF, clickable cockpit with dynamic shadows), and even the map (Nevada)!

As a loyal fan, I'd like high fidelity aircraft, but also like high fidelity terrain (high resolution).

Edited by jmod

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

I agree completly we need some kind of SDK for dcs as the engine for it has so much potential. i want the SU-25T to have a clickable cockpit aswell with high res but im sure that somthing will surprise us in FC3, well i hope ao any way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

I think the new 3rd Party Licensing agreement is a fantastic idea, be fantastic to see what the community can do with official ED/TFC Support...

Also +1 on the 6DOF Su-25t ;)

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

dear ed,

i wonder if we can enter a contract with you to build a working dcs level fidelity cockpit, and program the flight model using your tools, for an existing vehicle, such as the mi-28.

best regards

Not to be an apologist, but please do not be expecting CryEngine quality SDK / Tools....

the ED team is tiny, and have a micro-fraction of the budget of someone like CryTek

Any tools they release will be for serious business, and would probably be CLI only , or work with 3rd party software via plugins..

I would not personally expect to see any drag-n-drop interfaces, or "realtime" anything..

However, developing tools / an SDK is still a major step forward, and I'm sure anyone who is serous about it will be able to generate some great stuff!

• 1 month later...

As we all know, any serious game, or simulator, has a game engine!

For instance:

Battlefield --> Frostbite

Crysis --> CryENGINE

ARMA --> Real Virtuality

What is the DCS World game engine?

Speaking of the Nevada terrain, here are a few new images that highlight the dynamic terrain shadowing system of our new terrain engine being used for Nevada, Eagle Dynamics Terrain Engine (EDGE).

So, EDGE is just a terrain engine, not a game engine!

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

• 5 weeks later...

For instance:

Crysis --> CryENGINE

ARMA --> Real Virtuality

Its not that easy for same reasons you mention games and no simulators.

Sure there is something like that for simulators like there is in FSX but its not as simple and closed like for a game so you can't just create something like a Hammer Editor for a simulator.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 3 months later...

The DCS weather dynamic system has on starting stage, need more time to improved them and now has not a priority.

For Now, only "SDK" AFM only available to 3rd Parties, but you have scripting engine, and can make a addon by scrath. A "CryEngine" SDK type program will by year on the future but no a priority.

For instance:

Crysis --> CryENGINE

ARMA --> Real Virtuality

TFCSE:

The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine.

LoMac : TFCSE 1.0

Flaming Cliffs 2 : TFCSE 1.02

DCS : BS1 : TFCSE 1.02

DCS : A-10C : TFCSE 1.1.1.0

DCS : BS2 : TFCSE 1.1.1.1

DCS : P-51D TFCSE 1.1.2.1

DCS : CA : TFCSE 1.2.0

DCS : World TFCSE 1.2.1+

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs