Thread: Developer Diary
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #170
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Well a quick update now and I'll try and record some video this week.

I have been writing the manual for our testers this evening so they know what the systems should and shouldn't be doing (hence why no recording a video). The electrical systems section in the manual is complete, albeit I need to insert some schematics when they're re-drawn.
Next is AHRS, Central Warning Panel (CWP) and cabin pressurization as they are also complete in-sim.

I just need the go-ahead on the format of the manual and I'll post an example couple of pages up.

And if I type one more thing about electrical busses without imagining big red double decker things driving around London, I'm going to jump under one!!

Tango has been tweaking a few systems here and there and the fast erect sequence on the ADI is now working beautifully as well as the topple (yes I do like to throw the Hawk around to get my SAI and DGI to topple just to watch the effects hehe).

Cabin lighting is also being worked on and we now have back lighting for main panel gauges which looks very sexy at night.
Also some spots around the cockpit which again look great.
They are also being tied into the electrical systems and switches/dials.

We have carefully selected a few Alpha testers that will help test out these systems, mainly AHRS.
They are real world pilots or mechanical engineeers in one shape or form either in armed services or commercial flying.
There are a few ex Hawk pilots i'm also in contact with to help us out.

For now, we are keeping the Alpha testing team small and with real life experience in the systems we are coding.
Sometimes this means flying for a few hours straight and level to see directional drift so not sexy fun flying but necessary to check systems are working as they should.

You wanted fidelity, well you're gonna get it, big time!!

That's enough from me tonight and I hope to bring you a video very soon.

Cheers,
Chris.

Now I'm off to bed to dream about these.....