RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

Isn't RAZBAMs first aircraft going to be a T2 and I'm sure Iris first aircraft will be a T38A.:music_whistling:

Some of you will say a T-2 Buckeye in DCS? yes quite a curious choice, but it will allow us to get into DCS,also

Thats a good choice for a first DCS aircraft as VEAO are doing a Hawk and Iris are doing a T38A.

So, we've been listening to what you want on the forums and after long discussions within the team and with the publishers, we're happy to confirm development of the IRIS T-38A Talon for DCS: World!

This decision has been based largely on the feedback we've received from you guys on what you'd like to see, and based of course on the production assets available to us.

The T-38A Talon will be aimed at release prior to the F-15E, essentially allowing us to step up our skills in project development. Whilst we have yet to firmly set out project content, we are anticipating to include a training syllabus similar in structure and content to that which the US Air Force uses.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

impressive number of posts thou.

Compared To GG I've got Bugger all. (17,000). Anyway, post count doesn't matter, the content does. And mine are generally Bollocks. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Retired.

Not in DCS World, which isn't tied to a time period anyway. Or there being more than one plane.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Well, you could have said that originally. All you asked the first time was weather there was a tanker or not, and there is.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I agree Trey, the sim would need a KC-135 or KC-10 or whatever with a basket to allow probe-to-drogue refueling. But that is just one aspect of naval aviation / carrier ops that is still missing. I hope that DCS tackles that arena themselves, be it the F/A-18C or whatever -- something that will pave the way for other carrier based aircraft, like RAZBAMs A-6 and A-7.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

That's not what I said at all. What I said was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Trev

Related topic: Is anyone developing probe-and-drogue capable refueling aircraft for all these high-speed navalized jets, i.e. Harrier, Hornet, Corsair II/SLUF?

And I couldn't be sure if you had for whatever reason forgotten the S-3 in DCS. I never use it in missions so I wouldn't blame anyone for forgetting it.

I'm not attacking you or anything, but your original post wasn't specific enough to convey the information in your later post.

If you want to pick nits over my original post what I should have said will there be a probe and drogue capable large tanker that we the player can hit up for gas.
Sure. And for the record I agree on the tanker thing. There are probe conversions for the KC-135 and the KC-10 that disappeared when we went from FC to DCS. We already have a C-130 that could maybe be modified, and some of the tankers from other nations would be nice to have. I wonder if we could get the KC-46 too just for the heck of it.

Lastly if i were to nitpick your posts I could say I think you meant whether not weather and Exocet has no R in it.
I tend to make grammar and spelling errors, but my desired name isn't Exocet lol.

Let me get something clear here..

We dont use tack pack

we are not even looking to use tack pack.

We have working ordnance in FSX since 2006, way before VRS, sure it was just on missions, but we had matching visuals with it.

We have free flight working ordnance in FSX since 2010, with booms! and blams!, ordnance that affects the flight model and it´s truly independent from the model, hits the ground and leaves a mark there

We have a working gun (not effects) since 2011, we even have a Chukar drone being an AI model, with set able flight path,launched from your aircraft in Volume III of the A-7´s.

We have working radar, AA/AG, we even have a working terrain avoidance radar,with real imagery on the screen.....all this in FSX...

The only (and sole) reason why we don´t add guided weapons in FSX is that there is absolutely no use for them in a "sterile" environment.We create weapons since we like to simulate an aircraft as close as possible, with all the steps necessary prior to launch a weapon, for instance, in our A-7´s, you have all the modes, selections, and options per weapon prior to even launch it.

we don´t need Tack Pack

we were there before Tack Pack.

And while it seems and sounds like a truly remarkable add on, whenever it´s going to be relased (or not) we really don´t care about tack pack, since we simply don´t need it, and never did.Kudos to VRS and Tack Pack, but not our game, we create our stuff in-house, to meet our own demands.

Regarding DCS and weapons.

We are planning to use DCS´s weapons, no need to reinvent the wheel, and i presume it will be easier for multiplayer engagements.

Best regards

Prowler

Hey man, I need to start this by saying I own your EA-6B and it blows away the other offering that of the same aircraft that is out there -- and for the msot part, I am a big fan of what Iris produces. I own a lot of IRIS add ons for FSX, but your EA-6B is the best out there -- enough that I am interested in and planning to get your A-6 and A-7 once I get more into 'flying' in that time period. That means I have a lot of respect for your work in FSX, as do many others, and I am really REALLY looking forward to these aircraft coming out in DCS!!

But I gotta say, sir, you did go a bit over the top on this post regarding the VRS project here. Yes you were way ahead of your time in developing all this stuff for your A-7 product. But keep in mind that it isn't about dropping munitions and watching cool explosions on the ground -- there are a lot of mods that simulate that. It is about avoiding AAA/SAMs while doing so, getting in and getting out. TacPack (later versions) will allow for helicopters and MV-22s and transport aircraft to finally have 'tactical situations' where they have to fly missions around threats.

All your points are valid and well-taken, but I wish you had made those points in a way that stresses the positives. Your products, by the way, are only going to be BETTER in the TacPack environment and I know that I am not the only one that feels that way. OK you don't need it, I guess, but you would be foolish to not embrace it when it comes out, or at least take a 'wait and see' attitude until it comes out.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
We have scheduled to convert the mesh from FSX format to DCS format in 3 weeks, so that´s the time frame for real DCS pics

Prowler

Outstanding !

I am already planning a AV-8B cockpit build lol :music_whistling: ( obsessed freak )

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I took the liberty of fixing your post :music_whistling:

You realise they are the same aircraft don't you?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Looking nice :) However not interested in FSX.. Could you give us a rough indication when work starts on the DCS version since thats what were lookin for :)

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking nice :) However not interested in FSX.. Could you give us a rough indication when work starts on the DCS version since thats what were lookin for :)

Lol...You don't have to read all 11 pages to get your answer, just the last 10 posts will suffice.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Lol...You don't have to read all 11 pages to get your answer, just the last 10 posts will suffice.

Ooo silly me... im so lazy at times :doh:

• Like 1

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have scheduled to convert the mesh from FSX format to DCS format in 3 weeks, so that´s the time frame for real DCS pics

Prowler

So this is a heads up, as you can see, how the original external model looked and how it does today, FSX release is pretty close, after that we´ll get the mesh into DCS format.

Best regards

Prowler

Well you don't really need to get any sleep, eat or spend time with your family. All of that other stuff is irrelevant, so 1 week? Just Kidding mate!

I love what you guys have done so far with it and I look forward to DCS screenshots and keep up the great work.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

nice work cant wait to see this in DCS! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team

loving the look already, keep feeding us with the pics as you get deeper into the DCS version please

you have a fan in me ! ready to give you my cash lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2