Thread: Developer Diary
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #92
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Weekly update:
It's been a very quiet development week for me with Olympic fever going on here in London, go Team GB!!!

Our coder Yammo is back from holiday and has started to work on systems integration. Not much to show here yet apart from what you've seen in the videos.
We have 3 stages of development on systems:
1. Simple click a switch do something, turn something on, etc.
2. Link systems together, I.e. lights to electrical, engines to fuel, etc.
3. Build in full schematic systems for fuel, avionics, electrical, engines etc.

This approach allows us to get functions working one by one and is easier to debug.
If we started with no. 3 and built in all of the bus and busbar systems in electrical, it would be much harder to debug.

Crow has started on cockpit lighting and I can tell you flying around at night with side lights lighting up the panels is awesome.

Blondie and Crash are busy with new skins.

We're holding fire on the AFM at the moment to get the basic systems up and running so we can tie them into the AFM, although work is ongoing with Hawk aerodynamic data gathering.

Have a great weekend guys and I hope you're enjoying seeing London in all it's glory with the Games.
By the way, I spent 3 and a half years working on the Athletes Village building the apartment blocks the Athletes are staying in and am very proud to have contributed to something so amazing.

Team GB!!!