Thread: Developer Diary
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #72
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Another short update.
Work has been going well on the SFM and trials last night were very impressive and even the trim functions are working very well.

But more excitingly work has begun on the Advanced Flight Model!!!
ED have given us access to AFM functions and after our engineers passed out with excitment they are starting to get to grips with way more physics stuff than my little brain can handle.

This is an exciting time for all dev teams and whilst none of us know how long it will take to develop an accurate AFM, you can bet it's going to be awesome when it's working properly.

We'll be releasing a short video soon showing off the cockpit and some functioning switches/buttons/gauges/dials.
Suffice to say that I flew around the map for about 6 hours last night just looking at the cockpit shadows as I banked around the sunlight and had a big grin on my face.

On the coding front, I've made good progress with basic electircal and fuel systems and now to get the engines started from cold
I'm sure our coders will rip my code apart for structure, but it's working, and I'm learning haha

Anywho I hope you enjoy the video when it's posted up.

Cheers,
Chris.