RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

• ED Team

Nice !

really looking forward to the Harrier !

would be nice to see all the clips in the 3rd party part of the forum in your own section :)

keep up the good work !

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful! Have you got anything running in DCS World's environment yet?

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

great to see some progress here ! keep up your fantastic work.

cant wait to have it in DCS.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hi Prowler, great pics, but I have a question I haven't seen really answered if you're willing to divulge any info on your projects. Are any of them going to be DCS titles where they're comparably complex to the A-10C or are they more aircraft for DCS world that just use the SFM like the LOMAC aircraft? Really happy you're doing the harrier either way, it'll be fun.

Harrier_062.jpgThis is how it currently looks..

Hi Prowler, great pics, but I have a question I haven't seen really answered if you're willing to divulge any info on your projects. Are any of them going to be DCS titles where they're comparably complex to the A-10C or are they more aircraft for DCS world that just use the SFM like the LOMAC aircraft? Really happy you're doing the harrier either way, it'll be fun.

As complex as current available info allows us to do it, but if your concern is if we´ll go after DCS A-10 level, the answer is yes

Best regards

Prowler

The Razbam releases for SFP1 and SF2 were top notch within the limitations of the core game. I hope this proves to be a profitable direction so that all those great Razbam projects can reach their full potential (unable to do combat in FSX and only simplified systems functionality in SFP1/SF2).

I hope adapting existing FSX projects to DCS gets easier as Razbam gains experience so that many if not all their existing products can ultimately end up being available in DCS. I can't wait :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact..if we try to create a similarity between FSX and DCS, being current version FSX only, it´s a fine equivalent of DCS..in FSX, as it is, it´s extremely complex and accurate, all systems are being replicated as per NATOPS info and beyond (working ordnance in FSX? yeah..that´s us since 2007) now, if you go and take the fact that FSX was not made for many of the stuff in this model (A/G-A/A radar, nav systems, RWR, weapons, VTOL) can you imagine what we can do in a sim where all this stuff is part of the engine? like i said, we go beyond FSX capabilities when we create military stuff in a non military sim.Sure, some will say that they don´t like our stuff, but we have been around almost 10 yrs now, check the release date of our old stuff, we broke the mold in 2007, in 2010 we changed completely the way you can use an add on in FSX (i wont get into discussions about other developer´s creations, so you´re wasting your time here) from the A-7 volumes on, we twisted, bended and squeezed FSX engine, so it can do things it was not supposed to, DCS in the other hand, is a military sim, while we´ll need time to adapt our knowledge into this new frontier we are already in this game of replicating military systems..in a military simulator!.Bottom line, we´ll do this bird as per specs in DCS, just as we are doing it in FSX..where none of this stuff it´s even documented..

Best regards

Prowler

• Like 3

thanks for the update Prowler, this thing will add so much value to the DCS community.

Always dreamed of the FSX version to get combat ready, now this dream comes true !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Thanks for the straight answers and frequent updates Prowler. Much appreciated!!

I love the way this seems to be coming together. Your plans/ aircraft, when realised, will really add to the DCS community!!

I’m also glad to hear the target it a DCS level of detail and functionality in your aircraft. I hope this proves to be the required standard for all Third Party projects and that there is a gate keeper in place to ensure nothing sub-standard slips through. It would be a shame to slide backwards from the excellent sim we have now.

The Harrier will be an exceptional addition to the DCS hanger and great to hear that razbam are aiming for high fidelity. Your frank answers are very much appreciated Prowler, good to understand the logic behind your development.

cheers :)

Love to see a Tornado , Jaguar , Mig-23/27 . SU-17/22 .....

Question ..... why is there a lack of Russian aircraft being modeled . I feel the sim is in danger of becoming a NATO based game .

Everyone is talking about 14,15,16,A-7,A-6,EA-6 , no mention of Russian stuff which is remarkable I think .

Question ..... why is there a lack of Russian aircraft being modeled . I feel the sim is in danger of becoming a NATO based game .

Everyone is talking about 14,15,16,A-7,A-6,EA-6 , no mention of Russian stuff which is remarkable I think .

Well..we had this one in mind:

Yak38_8.jpg

BUT:

1.- It´s not our mesh, we have to contact the creator about it

2.-The real plane was disappointing, and i´m not certain if it will not the same in-game, since it´s a very limited aircraft

Prowler

• Like 1

While there is a lot of talk about NATO aircraft, one of the most actually developed modules to date is DCS: MIG21 and it's coming out as an actual DCS title. Saying that, I'd also love to see the Su-17.

While there is a lot of talk about NATO aircraft, one of the most actually developed modules to date is DCS: MIG21 and it's coming out as an actual DCS title. Saying that, I'd also love to see the Su-17.

While the 21 is a very nice aircraft , it wont really compete against the like of F-14 , F-15 , F-16 and F-18 , will it ?