RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for Third Party Projects --> RAZBAM simulations forum's section. ;)

Bye

Phant

Ah, so it is public, good :)

Once we have a proof of concept up and running in DCS, RAZBAM will have their own set of forums.

:hehe:

In the final version this AV8B can take off and landing vertically?

(using Google translator)

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Although you only really do it for sir shows or training.

Or on a ship? Or if it's a really short airstrip and you're landing.

EDIT If you mean takeoff that's a fair point..

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I've read somewhere that the Harrier could only hover for 60 sec. Is that correct?

Oh, and it was because some water cooling reservoir limitations. Please advice. :)

Incorrect :)

Does not need water to cool the engine. Does however require coolant and having regard to the amount of engine coolant available, can probably hover between 5-10 minutes.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Incorrect :)

Does not need water to cool the engine. Does however require coolant and having regard to the amount of engine coolant available, can probably hover between 5-10 minutes.

And what might this coolant be? :D

It doesn't need "coolant", the air itself is what cools a jet via the heat exchangers and pure air flow over the aircraft. There is a limit to hover imposed by heat build up in the engine and exhaust nozzles etc, 5 mins is not inaccurate.

The demin water is not there to cool the engine, as is the common myth, but rather to provide additional thrust. Depending on a/c weight and pressure altitude the amount of demin water available can indeed become the primary limiting factor in hover duration.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It doesn't need "coolant", the air itself is what cools a jet via the heat exchangers and pure air flow over the aircraft. There is a limit to hover imposed by heat build up in the engine and exhaust nozzles etc, 5 mins is not inaccurate.

The demin water is not there to cool the engine, as is the common myth, but rather to provide additional thrust. Depending on a/c weight and pressure altitude the amount of demin water available can indeed become the primary limiting factor in hover duration.

I've always wondered about that, thanks Eddie.

Nate

At the engine´s life expense..

The water tank has 500pnds capacity or 90 secs of steady use.

the water injection system enables rpm to be increased for a given turbine entry temperature to sustain short lift wet and normal lift wet ratings at temperatures above 15ºC indicated.

It´s not a "Turbo" like many believe, it helps the engine when reaching high temperatures to keep operating.

When water is introduced in the engine, in fact, it runs less efficiently, so DCES (digitally controled engine system) automatically increases fuel flow in order to compensate, for the power loss and to increase the rpm.

When in MFS (Manual Fuel System) fuel flow is defined by the throttle position.If the throttle is steady(full power for example) then thrust will be reduced when water flows compared to the expected dry value.The thrust reduction may be up to 1000lbs.Therefore, if you´re operating in MFS, the use of water is not advisable when more thrust is required.

Best regards

Prowler

My understanding is that this is 90sec at maximum rate, and whether you hit max rate or not really depends on conditions.

At the engine´s life expense..

The water tank has 500pnds capacity or 90 secs of steady use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

... Depending on a/c weight and pressure altitude the amount of demin water .... can indeed become the primary limiting factor in hover duration.

:shocking: :eek: :puke: :evil:

I suspected as much! When I read these posts backwards it has beezlebub writ large!

I'll bet if you have a look at RAZBAM in the mirror, it'll show MABZAR ... and thats proof enough in my books.

MABZAR .. PROWLER .. DEMIN WATER! Stay back I say ... in the name of the Holey Moley, I invoke the celestial beings of light to protect me ...

Bang ... he's dead. Mercy killing. Move along now please >:[

Ok we'll patiently check out this thread until that day arrives nice work Prowler111.

Not sure about that (the patience bit). Could you hurry with the Harrier please? Not sure how long my faculties will stay intact to be able to fly it! :pilotfly:

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!