Su-25T Navigation

I downloaded DCS World over the weekend with the intention of buying the Mustang, but have been having too much fun with the Su-25T. I understand this is an earlier generation sim model with simplified avionics, but it flies really nicely.

I have a few questions on the Enroute navigation:

Is there a listing of the airfield numbers on the Return to base mode? I've installed the Blaze/Ricardo HD cockpit and there's a list on the kneeboard, but it doesn't seem to much up. I guess the model is simply giving a number to each airfield on the map? I was wondering if they were in the same order as the A-10C "Mission" waypoints on the CDU?

How do the Landing waypoint mode numbers work at an airfield with two ILS approaches? Perhaps there is an RTB number for each ILS? If this is the case what about airfields with no ILS?

Can the numbers be modified in the files somewhere? For that matter can the A-10C have extra mission database waypoints added?

Also, in the HD cockpit textures (which have english placards on the operational switches) the names on the autopilot don't seem to match what is selected. Are there any more details on what the autopilot annunciator lights indicate - I've looked in the Lock On 1.1 manual but it's not too clear.

Thanks,

--Graeme

The numbers on the kneeboard are from FC1 and are out of date.

There is an RTN and a ILS mode.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The numbering has changed since FC1.

Ricardos HD mod is from FC1 and ported to FC2 without being modified.

I think there is a updated list of the airfields somewhere.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Here is a table I made for myself in FC2. As mentioned the airport numbers have changed a bit but that is for the airports that have been added.

ID is the number in HUD, Tko is default takeoff heading, Lnd is the default landing heading and Alt is the closest alterative airport.

attachment.php?attachmentid=67302&d=1340055642

I may update the table for DCS World before release. Or you could just add your own in a spreadsheet. :)

(HJ)

1400209164_FC2-airfieldnumbers.png.7d868d22ffb227904e61c0fd9cb79066.png

The return course for the airbase will guide you to the correct runway for landing so it does not really matter if there are two or not - you will only be able to land on one in any event and as said, the return course will guide you in.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The return course for the airbase will guide you to the correct runway for landing so it does not really matter if there are two or not - you will only be able to land on one in any event and as said, the return course will guide you in.

Yes of course. To long since ILS with the Su-25T, will do when patch is out :D

• 3 weeks later...

I made an updated airfield diagram that covers the airfield numbers (ID) for the Su-25T and have the closest alternative (ALT) airfield number. The table also covers TACAN and ILS information. I use this on a side screen among other tools when I fly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=67808&d=1341526231

398902653_Airfieldinformation.png.500b75d419321152b384b9cacdb9265f.png

• Like 1

.....airfield numbers (ID) for the Su-25T and have the closest alternative (ALT) airfield number....

Excellent!

Many thanx - to have these numbers close at hand is indispensable for a Toadie :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In case you haven't seen them yet, Shu77's DCS Airfield Diagrams also contain all this data, and show the layout of each airfield. The same diagrams are also included in the iWarthog HD app, which is tremendously handy to have if you happen to have an iPad.

edit: it doesn't have the alternate airfield data or id numbers, but the rest, yes.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

I just found a similar app on the Android App Store called DCS Manager

it doesn't look like it has the id#s for the su25t on it, but it has all the other necessary info for airports (and some awesome checklists for various things)

pretty nice app!

Someone needs to make some instrument approach plates for the various DCS airfields in the game; I would if I had time. Unless people already have done it.

Many of the real ones are available from EAD/Eurocontrol, and many of the rest from the Russian AIP. They've given up on keeping the EAD service away from flight simmers BTW, last I heard.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

http://aviadocs.net/aip/html/eng.htm

(I think you can download the whole Russian AIP as a single massive PDF as well somewhere.)

Cheers,

Fred

Only a few select charts for the Russian bases can be found. In any event, will find no relevance to DCS at present given the errors relating to the In-SIM airbases. JaBoG32 Squadron have released charts specific to DCS - don't know if those are similar to what is being referred to above.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shu's charts show information based on what 'should be' in DCS the Jabog charts show what 'is' in DCS.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Made up a table of frequencies that combines Shu77's and HiJack's tables. Thought it might be useful to have it all in one place.

DCS Table of Frequencies.pdf

Edited by GhostDog
caught a typo in the attachment
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

The EAD ones are good, but don't reflect the positioning of navaids and as such are fictitious for DCS purposes. The Jabog32 ones are good but are for visual approaches (apparently).

If someone made IAPs for the DCS stuff, with associated navaids, it would be really neat. So far I've been flying the instrument approaches for my local airport into runways that have ILS in DCS with the A-10C, and it works fine.