Afghanistan WIP

Batou

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I am waiting for new tools for integration in DCS...

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

I hope you are aware you can sell as a partner now Batou... I fully think you should be compensated for this work. I for one would gladly pay.

• Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I hope you are aware you can sell as a partner now Batou... I fully think you should be compensated for this work. I for one would gladly pay.

+1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

that's just an underhanded way of saying hurry up.

exaclty !

I work on the max files... but i am waiting for the new tools

he's right. it's better to wait for new edge tools rather than potentially doing twice the work.

that's just an underhanded way of saying hurry up.

he's right. it's better to wait for new edge tools rather than potentially doing twice the work.

To me it's only a way to say "thanks", not to make hurry for that. I also believe that wait for the correct instruments and tools is the right choice.

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome project, good luck. Hope ED will support you with this, don't forget they're developing a new mapping engine which you may want to program for as well.

Maybe import some textures from Google maps if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
if possible, i hope you release it for free. the world of modding is missing people who contribute with no expectation of financial return.

maybe set up a paypal donation for all those people who keep screaming to pay. but my guess they won't give you a single cent unless it was demanded of them. hypocrites.

Not to turn this into a debate, but I think if a map like this is done with EDGE to the level that I can only assume Nevada is currently being done in, I think a reasonable fee should be expected, donations are great, but probably wont reflect the effort.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 months later...

Hope you still work on this one?

Hi Batou,

I'm following this development since early A-10C betas and with another 6 months since the last post I would kinda like to revive it.

With the introduction of DCS World, FC3 and all the new planes and helos announced, I feel an even bigger need for a scenario.

Don't get me wrong the Caucasus/Georgia map is fine and detailed, but as DCS progresses and EDGE hopefully brings us Nevada some day, I would like to voice my wish for more and different Terrain/Scenarios.

Afghanistan, Iraq, the Balkans, Libya, Israel. All these areas are something many of us would like to see.

I know about the implications of a scenario that was a setting of recent events etc. but honestly I think if we want to play historically correct missions, and Russia vs. Georgia is a valid setting, why isn't the Gulf wars, Balkan conflict "OP Allied Force", Libya, or the Afghanistan "Enduring Freedom" so this can't be the argument, why we see no progress with new scenarios.

My guess is, it is a huge amount of work with lots of testing and details that need attention.

ED opened up for 3rd party aircrafts, recently. Is there a remote chance, they do the same for the EDGE engine and 3rd party developers, like Batou?

I think the rush of 3rd party developers eager to provide aircraft may be possible for senarios as well.

And if you are still working on this or hopefully in close contact with EDs Nevada team, please give us a short heads up.

I'm quite sure the first developer to release a knew scenario, even if it is Denmark or Bora-Bora, will have the attention of the community and I guess for something like Afghanistan they will gladly pay a reasonable price and US$ 50-60 sounds perfectly reasonable for a Afghanistan map.

Just imagine you may fly all the lovely planes in any new scenario for years, so that should be worth the money for anybody who even bought just one module...:thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I was more thinking of a price between $20-30 for a map, its different for me when it includes extra objects like aircraft and vehicles and compatibility with other modules.

$50-60 is a price i would pay for a full game, not for a specific single module or map.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

I was more thinking of a price between $20-30 for a map, its different for me when it includes extra objects like aircraft and vehicles and compatibility with other modules.

$50-60 is a price i would pay for a full game, not for a specific single module or map.

It depends about how much work is needed for the map compared on how much people you can expect to buy it, I think.

ChromiumDis.png

• ED Team

+1 More than anything I would like to see a new theatre of conflict.

I do hope once NEVADA is released the SDK can be released as well for third parties / community

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

+1 More than anything I would like to see a new theatre of conflict.

I do hope once NEVADA is released the SDK can be released as well for third parties / community

Perhaps, it is even possible to make the SDK available for 3rd parties immediately, if they sign a contract/agreement anyway?

I'm sure one or two additional theatres will be a huge gain for DCS and not just for the customers already owning a DCS title.

Scenarios like Afghanistan will be a real game changer, bringing lots of new missions from the community, just to fit into the new theatre and may also attract new people.

As for the price tag. I'd like to point out that any decent FSX add-on with a detailed Airport sells for US$ 30.00 or some better textured scenery with mesh and some "landmarks" for US$ 60.00 if they are done by a company like aerosoft. (Asia/Ozeania scenery, Dusseldorf Airport, Fairbanks Airport)

Considering an average of 5-6 years you use the new theatres that is a lot of bang for the bucks! Crimea, Caucasus was the state-of-the-art for over 10 years, considering the "SU-27 Flanker 2.0" from ED, and still we enjoy that scenario!

So yes, I would happily pay US$ 60.00 without regret for a decent DCS World theatre, no doubt! :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)