Questions to dev team

LcSummers

Hi Dev team,

i surley will buy DCS P-51D but want to have it as a hard copy. I was and i am a very big fan of the A-10C and there is no doubt i will be with the P-51D. When i saw the first shots and videos, it hit me like a Mustang.

If you dont mind i have some questions regarding this beauty.

1; Will developement last as long as DCS A-10C? (approximately one year from Beta version?)

2, If i buy the beta version, is it possible to install later the hard copy of P-51D?

3, How big (Gb) is P-51D?

I know these are stupid questions but as i wrote i defenitley want to have it.

PS: YOU ALL MADE AGAIN AN INCREDIBLE WORK!! :thumbup:

S!

LC

Hi Dev team,

i surley will buy DCS P-51D but want to have it as a hard copy. I was and i am a very big fan of the A-10C and there is no doubt i will be with the P-51D. When i saw the first shots and videos, it hit me like a Mustang.

If you dont mind i have some questions regarding this beauty.

1; Will developement last as long as DCS A-10C? (approximately one year from Beta version?)

2, If i buy the beta version, is it possible to install later the hard copy of P-51D?

I know these are stupid questions but as i wrote i defenitley want to have it.

PS: YOU ALL MADE AGAIN AN INCREDIBLE WORK!! :thumbup:

S!

LC

Currently this is in the Beta stage..I do believe once the Beta testing is done..they might provide a CD/DVD version..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

1. ???

2. Why would you not be able to install from disk later, assuming there is one?

3. The game folder occupies about 9GB on my drive. That is DCS World plus DCS P-51D.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When it's done™

There is no way to know for sure how long it will take to reach a finished product.

There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do so. It's not like your system gets permanently blocked from installing newer versions of a program. ;)

You'll probably want to uninstall the beta version before that, but I would expect that this is no different whether "hardcopy" or not.

There is no single answer to this. The P-51D-specific installer is 146MB in download size, and installs into the DCS World application which contains all the base assets; that is the unified core structure that will integrate all DCS products. This is considerably larger - about 5GB in download size.

Note that once the other DCS products are migrated to DCS World, they will add only their product-specific installer, so you will not have to "re-do" the 5GB download for them. (Aside from patches specific to DCS World when they are integrated, that is.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks alot for your kind answers and help.

My concern about the second question is (see below) with the serial. Having the Beta and the Hard copy meens i have two serial keys.

But EtherealN as you wrote, i have to delete the Beta and then install the Hard copy. No interference with serials?

Thanks

LC

Edited by LcSummers

You're not buying the beta. You are per-ordering the final product. You will want to remove the beta if you get the physical disk later on because it will be irrelevant once the final product "ships."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Q: How "Preload Radius" are set by default in DCS: A-10C and BS?

I think you are asking what would be the equivalent setting in A-10 and BS due to the fact that this feature doesn't exist in the two. (just for clarification)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think you are asking what would be the equivalent setting in A-10 and BS due to the fact that this feature doesn't exist in the two. (just for clarification)

Yes ofcourse:smilewink:

:pilotfly:

Preload Radius: Definition Please (GUI Manual)

Q: How "Preload Radius" are set by default in DCS: A-10C and BS?

Hi,

I see no GUI manual, yet. Or I have not found it, yet. I did find the P-51 Flight Manual and downloaded it. I downloaded the pre-purchase files successfully, then purchased it Friday, May 4th, morning wee hours. My CH .map Profile for Aces High nicely fits this and I am in the process of modifying the profile.

I remove all the shortcuts and cheats. I want to fly my machine as realistically as possible.

===================================

What is "Preload Radius"? What is its settings' function?

===================================

I am hoping DCS has its answer before trudging through Google.

I did do a search within the P-51 forums. Thus this thread resulted.

It is an adjustable slider, right, upper, quadrant, within the Options, SYSTEM, drop-down tab.

The question was asked here within this thread previously, but NOT answered.

I am waiting patiently for an answer.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Edited by ErichVon

The GUI manual does not exist yet but many things in the A10/BS2 GUI apply.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What is "Preload Radius"? What is its settings' function?

You'll probably get a more definitive answer from ED, but it should be how far out terrain information is preloaded from disk and cached in RAM.

Lower values should result in smaller, more frequent loads. Higher values result in larger, less frequent loads. The optimum value for your system will depend mostly on disk read performance and RAM speed/quantity. I'm unsure as to whether or not preloading is conducted in a background thread. I have the radius maxed out on my system and it seems to do fine. (16GB RAM, i7-3930K).

Of course, I don't work with or at ED, so I don't know for certain, but that is what makes the most sense to me, from a software engineering perspective.

- WH_Mouse

• 2 months later...

I would love a precise answer on "preload radius"... Post #14 is great but I am sure he would also like an official answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• ED Team
I would love a precise answer on "preload radius"... Post #14 is great but I am sure he would also like an official answer.

#14 is a correct answer.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Nah. It was the PSU that blew up, along with my Moulinex blender.

Damn, shame about that blender! :D

Damn, shame about that blender! :D

Shame about ME actually, since it was actually the wife that done owned it :megalol:

But well, duh, what I really meant was that does the parameter silently default to the 150km maximum even if you exceed it?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

#14 is a correct answer.

Thank you!

Are there ... Specific hardware restrictions to the setting? Lets say no 150km if you dont have at least 2GB RAM or something like that... A general (for this this hardware use this setting) recommendation?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• 5 years later...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.