Can we pre-order this puppy?

nick10

Alfa - you have everything working [sort of] and are bug fixing and adding fetures

That's what the testers are for

Beta - This is stage 2 where everything IS working how you want it to work

The testers are doing their jobs by finding the lst of the bugs.

Gold - release...

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I wish ED would have presented a bugbase or at least a status list with known bugs before any preorder of DCS P-51. It would be nice to see the status like “confirmed bug” and “reported bug”. ED should be open to the community about the bugs because we know they are there! And like Liam Neeson would have said “I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you.” :D

EDIT:

(HJ)

Edited by HiJack

Anyone remember something mythical called Neveda ?

What's your point? That you have to wait a wee bitty longer for it? The reasons for the delay have been stated on numerous occasions before - does not negate the entitlement to it. Just means that you are requested to exercise a wee bit more patience. Too much to ask I suppose?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So I suppose waiting around for 1.5 years for someone to finish a product I alread paid for is not that bad.

You would conveniently ignore the fact that you paid for a product that is essentially far, far more inferior than the product you are going to get.....

Yeah - relative indeed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alfa - you have everything working [sort of] and are bug fixing and adding fetures

That's what the testers are for

Beta - This is stage 2 where everything IS working how you want it to work

The testers are doing their jobs by finding the lst of the bugs.

Gold - release...

Yes, that's the theory. (de facto DCS MP is somewhere inbetween alpha and gold :helpsmilie:)

;)

I wish ED would have presented a bugbase or at least a status list with known bugs before any preorder of DCS P-51. It would be nice to see the status like “confirmed bug” and “reported bug”. ED should be open to the community about the bugs because we know they are there! [...][/YOUTUBE]

(HJ)

+1

ED should be open to the community about the bugs because we know they are there!

You consider something being called open beta "not being open to the community about bugs?"

Hold on a second, you lost me. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You consider something being called open beta "not being open to the community about bugs?"

Hold on a second, you lost me. :)

I beleive HJ would like to see a bug list so that we as a community could avoid reporting bugs that are already known, over and over and over again. Make sense to me.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Bug may just be present on local testing machine... and not appear in some others?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I beleive HJ would like to see a bug list so that we as a community could avoid reporting bugs that are already known, over and over and over again. Make sense to me.

This was pretty well covered in the A-10C open-beta release: Reasons given then still find applicability today - all it takes is a forum search to ascertain whether a bug has been reported already, probably about the same time it will take for a person to peruse a bug-list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having to search the forums you are at the mercy of the forums search facility , which is ok at best and a bit poor at other times.

That is why we made it easy for you and created not one, but 19 sub-forums dealing with every aspect of the product to aid in the reporting of issues. All that is required is then a search of the relevant sub-forum. The 'advanced search' function provided for is more than adequate for the purpose for which it is intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having something likea list of bugs, even in a sticky thread would be nice.

But then again it would be ignored 90% of the time and they'll still be newbies opening thrads about bugs in the wrong sections and complaining about it being moved to the right section......

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team
What's your point? That you have to wait a wee bitty longer for it? The reasons for the delay have been stated on numerous occasions before - does not negate the entitlement to it. Just means that you are requested to exercise a wee bit more patience. Too much to ask I suppose?

Lets just hope the big gap in updates (I think they said May for the next one) will lead to an exciting big update...

You have to excuse the impatience a little bit, after all we have had some pretty tantalizing teases laid out before us... ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

But then again it would be ignored 90% of the time and they'll still be newbies opening thrads about bugs in the wrong sections and complaining about it being moved to the right section......

wouldn´t it be possible to disallow starting new threads for new members unless they have posted a certain amount of posts?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

wouldn´t it be possible to disallow starting new threads for new members unless they have posted a certain amount of posts?

Since most people's first post is a question, where would you have them post it? Not to mention the general unfairness of the idea.

Sorry, I just do not agree.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Strange comments about the bugs...

There's an excellent moderation team that fishes through all the posts, puts them in the right places and files the bugs or advises already filed.

Which leaves the person posting the bug to have the luxury of not reading the forums to trace it....which i think we can say would happen often enough anyway.

This forum is babied and a luxury, honestly, I can't think of another application that has direct developer and producer access.

Question regarding the bug sticky though...what about all the bugs that are known by devs and aren't on the forum? Do you literally carry developer notes on the forum? I think not. We would end up with a Helpdesk not a customer information forum. Might as well give them SLA's and fines for not dealing with stuff!! Post the issue, if its known it will be said. The forum is not a developers archive and it would just turn into a bug reporting tool rather than a customer facing friendly source of information.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *