500 members have voted

1. 1. Printed manual progress

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bump!

Would love to hear some progress on this! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I am about to print a new copy. I figure that after the next patch, anything that isn't fixed isn't going to be.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Took the Plunge and Printed my own (Full Colour), in fact printed 2 copies in case anything went wrong in cutting and punching to A5 size.

Binders are A5 in size 210x234 mm, so half the size of A4 (Small bit bigger than a standard book). And go perfectly with my Falcon4 Binder Edition folder.

IMG_20120226_135738.jpg

IMG_20120226_135854.jpg

IMG_20120226_135906.jpg

IMG_20120226_140005.jpg

IMG_20120226_140043.jpg

IMG_20120226_140100.jpg

IMG_20120226_140119.jpg

IMG_20120226_140142.jpg

Wow this is one big Manual - took me 2 Binders to Fit, also printed out the Mission Editor Users Manual and placed them in the 2nd binder.

Binders make it perfect for desktop use while flying as pages stay open :D

Edited by reaper7

Nice - I'm well impressed :thumbup:

How much did that set you back?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I reckon around 30euro per set - mostly due to cost of ink. But well worth it :thumbup:

I just love having a proper Manual in front while learning to fly - I hate using screens to read of always give me a headache :noexpression:

Also there's something about leafing thru a manual that's hard to explain - that's a feeling that these e-readres and kindles just can't give :joystick:

Hardest part was printing out to Booklet format on A4 paper - wasted about 300 pages to get it right if an error occurred midprint.

Edited by reaper7

But well worth it :thumbup:

Oh yes seeing it like that I agree. Size and breaking it up in two binders was very clever......Time for me to speak to the Minister of Finance aka the Missus :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh yes seeing it like that I agree. Size and breaking it up in two binders was very clever......Time for me to speak to the Minister of Finance aka the Missus :)

If there is any Interest I could make these for sale :book:

Could also put in Dividers for the different sections too :smartass:

Would anyone be Interested ??

If there is any Interest I could make these for sale :book:

Could also put in Dividers for the different sections too :smartass:

Would anyone be Interested ??

You would need permission from ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If possible,

i would have a pair too. Looks very nice. Like you i cant rerad too much on screen, getting headache.

I

Hi mate, I'll send a mail to ED see what the reply is. If ok with them I'll see what s possible.

Would be small runs as takes a long time to do each (About a day per set).

Anyone know who would be best to contact regarding this? :thumbup:

Hi mate, I'll send a mail to ED see what the reply is. If ok with them I'll see what s possible.

Would be small runs as takes a long time to do each (About a day per set).

Anyone know who would be best to contact regarding this? :thumbup:

Thanks reaper, so let us know what ED has to say.:pilotfly: