Jedi's A-10C home made cockpit

jvanes

Latest update is a real O2 bottle on the side of the seat.

Not exactly the same specs like the real MS26545 but it looks okay.

Need to paint it green and put a sticker on it with the lines:

MS26545-A2X-0022

BREATHING OXYGEN

NON-SHATTERABLE

Next step is to see if i can get some switches working.

First i have to explore the for me unknown world of electric to find out how to connect these and wich controlller to use.

Suggestions appeciated

Grtz, Jedi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right Ragtop, flying rc heli's is also a favorite hobby of my.

What you see on the picture is the mechanic hart of a Vario Bell 230 wich i'm building.

In the end it should look something like this: Bell230%20e1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

One question sorry if this is n00b:

How do you look out the sides of the plane or to the rear, etc?

The monitor(s) only show the front dash/HUD.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

@ Sceptre, I would guess mate that he uses Track Ir, that allows him to move his head and the view tracks with him. Certainly I know thats what most of us use. amazing piece of Kit.

Also a stupid question, as one whos never even looked at Cad drawings before, Ive downloaded the Cad files that are on here, When I find somewhere that has a machine I can hire, do I just hand over the file and they use at ala a Print file and the machine will know the correct size, or do I need to tell them dimensions for each part.

sorry for a Silly question, But I would love to get my hands on this, yet have no idea how to use a cnc machine.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Dobro dosli Mladen. Looks very good.

Thanks ... Hvala :thumbup:

Helios upgrade of my cockpit

9vqKW8M.jpg

Edited by mladen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

Hi guys, Jedi I love this cockpit. Looks fantastic and a Hugh thanks for putting the plans up on here. I was just wondering if anyone has changed the front panel, to have cutouts for all the instruments and have a screen with Helios behind it for display. Or is the panel to small for that.

If so, does anyone know of a file with those changes on it.

Please don't think I'm not greatful though Jedi, I really am. Your plans have allowed me to start the pit I have been thinking about for yrs. Just planning to use Helios for main panel that's all.

Keep up the amazing work.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi guys, Jedi I love this cockpit. Looks fantastic and a Hugh thanks for putting the plans up on here. I was just wondering if anyone has changed the front panel, to have cutouts for all the instruments and have a screen with Helios behind it for display. Or is the panel to small for that.

I am afraid that you can not use Helios behind the dash. You'll cut you fingers while working with the panel. Did you see this picture posted in my previous reply?

Edited by mladen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

Hi Mladen, sorry for late reply. Damn work and real life getting in the way of my simming. ;)

Thanks for your reply about Helios. That's a pity about Helios. But since I'm rather attached to my fingers,I better forget that idea for now. :) Sadly no, I didn't see the picture and the link states its missing, so ill have a look back through and try and find it.

Just ordered the decals from Deadman which I think will look great on the cockpit. Thanks to you I also have a place who will cut out the panels for me. :) Although my wife has stated only after I've paid the outstanding balance for our holiday this year.

I think this is finally gonna happen. After years of talking.

Mainly down to Yourself and Jvanes.

So Cheers guys, I owe you both a pint.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How are you cutting your fingers on a flat panel monitor behind a cutout dash showing gages/instruments from a helios screen? I have seen several people that are doing it without a blood trail.

Lumper

-------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough, the smart cutout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think he was indicating it was not a good idea to put a cutout dash in front of a touch screen. I would agree as it would make the touch screen hard to use. Several folks have put Helios on non-touch screens behind a cut out dash to great effect.

Thank you Gadroc for filing me in; that is what I meant.

This is Helios set-up I am using at this moment ...

161jdl4.jpg

281cx21.jpg

Edited by mladen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

What would you guys say would be a reasonable price to have this pit laser cut. I just got a quote back for $994.20

I have no idea what the going rate for this sort of thing is but for that price I'll do it myself with my wobbly hand and jigsaw.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

I got the same ridiculous price ranges when enquiring in Perth for a laser cut job.

I've already made an Akers Barnes pit which cost me less than $100 in MDF and took a day to cut out etc, so I'm thinking of modifying that in the meantime; ie front dash and few mods.

Hi all.

What would you guys say would be a reasonable price to have this pit laser cut. I just got a quote back for $994.20

I have no idea what the going rate for this sort of thing is but for that price I'll do it myself with my wobbly hand and jigsaw.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I think scsimulations is going to be selling an A10 "quick kit" You may want to look into that.

this is great news, hadnt seen this myself. Thought they had stopped making equipment.

great company.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]