"Switch waypoint" for ground vehicles

Hey folks.

I know there is currently no way to do this in the mission editor. Is there any kind of work around? Scripts maybe?

I dont really think setting 150 waypoints (or even more) for a group to just circle around in a specific area is a good solution.

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Not yet. It is something we direly need.

There is one workaround available. Its sorta a strange little idea that I worked on. Basically you use "switch formation" triggers and formation templates to create a patrol.

All formations are relative to the first unit in a group. So if you make 4 formations where the 2nd unit is NE, NW, SW, and SE and then trigger each formation at a set interval, you can create the appearance of movement even without defined waypoints for the group.

Patrol.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 weeks later...

Grimes, you surprise me every time. Great Idea :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.