Nevada Updates

Speedbrake

sorry I was speaking about Georgia

Completely different terrain engine.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'll have to drink some Guinness now!

...And I say that like that's a bad thing...

Correction: I'll drink some Guinness to these great new screenshots!

:P

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

holy cow that looks awesome.

so wait, it's really a whole new terrain engine? How'd you manage to fit that in with all the other work?! very exciting stuff.

I'm guessing this will be the new engine moving forward too, like for the next DCS aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

so wait, it's really a whole new terrain engine

Yep - EDGE (as per official update forum).

How'd you manage to fit that in with all the other work?

As one would consume any Elephant - One bite at a time :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It looks sweet, but I was really hoping to see something more than just mountains, oh well, there's always next time ;)

All in due time young padawon

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Really fantastic work, looking forward to it's release and what the next aircraft will bring with this engine, again fantastic job!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

very nice, Great job ...:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Does new terrain engine still require 3ds max to make a map?

Models are still made in 3ds max so its kinda still a requirement

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

New engine with Dynamic shadows, actual satellite imagery.. :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=55488&d=1313780388

NV_Terrain.jpg

Not too shabby. Maybe I didn't know what I was talking about :doh:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Wow, that's all I can say, that looks stunning. Totally mind blowing, Whether or not my pc would be able to run it though is another thing.

Should I even ask what the specs running that thing is. :huh:

I would love to believe that as I'm running A10 on high at mo then I will be able to run this, But it looks to amazing to be true.

Please Please prove me wrong.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see this running

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I'm still a bit confused how this is supposed to work when it is released. What purpose is the Nevada terrain going to serve and how will it be tied into the A-10C package? Will it just be an open area to fly around in? Will there be actual missions(SP/MP) to fly? If so, are we to suspend belief and pretend it is the ME, or will it presume a conflict on US soil? Or is this just a proving ground for the new terrain engine that will later server to create other theaters of operation? What will come of the current Georgia terrain? How will DCS A-10C handle switching between the two if even possible?

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

will the actual Georgia map gonna be updated with the new dynamic shadows ?

Completely different terrain engine.

We know that. I guess the question should have asked if you're planning on updating Georgia with EDGE. (hence dynamic shadows)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I'm still a bit confused how this is supposed to work when it is released. What purpose is the Nevada terrain going to serve and how will it be tied into the A-10C package? Will it just be an open area to fly around in? Will there be actual missions(SP/MP) to fly? If so, are we to suspend belief and pretend it is the ME, or will it presume a conflict on US soil? Or is this just a proving ground for the new terrain engine that will later server to create other theaters of operation? What will come of the current Georgia terrain? How will DCS A-10C handle switching between the two if even possible?

I'd be pretty surprised if ED didn't put together some instant action missions for the A10

(maybe the Shark too?) for the release of the map.

Even if they don't, people will create them.

As to how it ties into the A10 "package", well I'd say it'll tie in however you want it to. I'm sure people will be using their imaginations to create all kinds of scenarios to be flown over Nevada. Realistically, I suppose it'll be the training ground for the A10

It'll be whatever you want it to be:thumbup:

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

What's confusing, Nevada is home of Nellis air base, Red flag exercises etc, so I doubt we need to suspend belief to pretend we are elsewhere or even pretend there's a war going on. What we get is the real home of air force training, a Hugh range to practise on. While I agree some of you may not be excited by this, for myself I think it's a stunning piece of work, As a sim pilot, I like going through the correct procedures, I do tend to run A OCU course for me and my mates to learn the aircraft. Now I'll be able to do it with the right locations, and make it as realistic as I can.

Like real life, we can try and hone Our skills here before deploying overseas for ops. Only one problem though, is not being able to sneak off to Vegas after training ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

How will DCS A-10C handle switching between the two if even possible?

Been around since the beta. File -> New mission. it asked what theater you wanted. On the client side, it just automatically knew

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ: