NEED HELP: How do I tell my wife I just bought a HOTAS Warthog?

Oceansize

I guess she gets that trip to the mall she's been itching for... :-P

LOL....I just bought one on Friday and am having the same issue. She has not noticed yet...but it's a matter of time i'm sure. I bought some of Deadman's covers so maybe I can just tell her they are the same ones just got covers for them. I'll wish you luck cause i'm going to need the same!

Just noticed you are in Costa Mesa....I got my Warthog at the Microcenter just up the 55 from you on Edinger.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Hahaha....carefully :D

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

LOL....I just bought one on Friday and am having the same issue. She has not noticed yet...but it's a matter of time i'm sure. I bought some of Deadman's covers so maybe I can just tell her they are the same ones just got covers for them. I'll wish you luck cause i'm going to need the same!

Just noticed you are in Costa Mesa....I got my Warthog at the Microcenter just up the 55 from you on Edinger.

lol......we're all in the same boat! I bought an I7. try disguising that!

Over dinner with a diamond ring! :music_whistling:

Nah if she understands your hobby it shouldn't be a problem.

When I bought mine I said... Honey I'd like this new joystick... She looked at it... Smiled a bit and said... Sure why not!

(Helps to have a wife that flies DCS Ka-50 and who enjoys model building (She the only female member of IPMS Denmark...

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

You think that she didn't noticed it yet. She is actually waiting the right time to put you with the balls against the wall ! watch out you steps .... It will cost you ! :)

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

Over dinner with a diamond ring! :music_whistling:

Anyway cheaper that the WH.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Dont tell her. Its like when my wife buys my kid some gaming knickknack, and its always the same answer from both of them "Ive had it for awhiles".

Most wives dont know what joystick were using, "at least for gameing".:joystick: And if she does ask, now try it out for practice, "Ive had it for awhiles".:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

I had a bit more trouble to convince my wife, when i bought my second WH!

I just say to her, see what has happened to the Cougar they just stop producing it .So i bought two of them on the second market as backup.

So i need a second WH as backup :joystick:

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Dont tell her. Its like when my wife buys my kid some gaming knickknack, and its always the same answer from both of them "Ive had it for awhiles".

Most wives dont know what joystick were using, "at least for gameing".:joystick: And if she does ask, now try it out for practice, "Ive had it for awhiles".:D

Security Police in picture?

If she doesn't understand your hobby then save up some more money and buy her something she'll value just as much as

you'll value the HOTAS. If you can't think of anything, then... have fun with your HOTAS :blow:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope your wife doesn't check your credit card purchasses. If she does (I assume you left a paper trail when you bought it.) you will be in a "danger close" situation.

If not hide the box and other stuff it comes with and get ridd of your old stick. This way it might go unnoticed.

Also. Remember marrage is not unlike warfare; disinformation is your friend.:thumbup: