So...will this patch be a game changer?

kingneptune117

I am really getting excited for the new patch. 2gb of pure awesomeness (I'm hoping). The biggest thing for me right now will be the PAC1 fix, so that there is not as much recoil when firing the Avenger. I'm also looking forward to better FPS. In FC2 I can play on the highest settings without a problem. DCSW is a different story.

My second biggest thing will hopefully be FM changes. Right now, the roll rate is simply unacceptable, even when on a clean config and very low fuel. Hopefully this will be changed.

And of course, who can forget the fixes for the various bugs that plague the simulator currently.

So, what is the fix you are most looking forward to?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

The patch itself really. There's a lot of things I'd like to learn that are currently broken, so I'm kinda just treading water till the patch is out. :)

^This^

I fire up a range run every couple of days to stay proficient, but have held off on learn

new stuff mode until the patch/update comes out, as there is some broken stuff...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

Oh a couple of things really;

A comprehensive change log in the new build. TBH the lack of one of these generated so much needless forum traffic. But then, would most of the “nose wheel steering?” lot have read it? grumblrgrumble

JTAC voices as heard in Wags awesome vids

Proper JTAC documentation added to manual on the whole procedure, (inc how to get him to re-point the target if it moves or you have lost it)

Fixes for nerfed cluster munitions

LGB bang-bang guidance fix

Obvious mav fix, (borked ground stab and double SPI bug)

CIP/CCRP fall line craziness when you are about to drop fixed

Ability to see terrain elev map, (as you can in F10 map) in mission editor to alow proper mission building

MCFD FOV slew rate fix. Currently it doesn’t take into affect your zoom level and makes the slew controls useless necessitating keyboard nudging

TGP IR blurriness drastically reduced making nigh time hunting possible

This isnt a new list, (all these points have been talked over and acknowledged in-forum), this is my, “it would be awesome if..” top ten list of the things that make me less effective in day to day flying, (all have workarounds ATM), but we are at an early BETA stage and the ED guys aren’t exactly sitting around on their hands, so it depends on how many NEW bugs have been thrown up by the testing process versus the sort of thing I’ve listed above. To be honest, and given the whole point of the BETA which was to test for hardware compatibility, (something we all seem to have forgotten in the excitement), they may concentrate on engine fixes, etc.

My list is more selfish than that. I want to fly, fight and get back to base!

Edited by coolts
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

To be honest, I'm looking forward to more training missions and audio. I've worked through all of the included ones making notes so I'm looking forward to some more. Even some of the good gear like setting an aircraft ID and joining a network.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

^This^

I fire up a range run every couple of days to stay proficient, but have held off on learn

new stuff mode until the patch/update comes out, as there is some broken stuff...

Same here. I'm just flying around exploring the new airbases and terrain (which is very much incomplete although its there), and trying to fam with navigation procedures in the cockpit using those MFCDs. I jumped into the digital age from the analogue without even realizing it :doh:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

To be honest, I'm looking forward to more training missions and audio.... .

I doubt that’s top of their list as recording training vids WITH incomplete systems availability would be counterproductive.

Today cadet we will be utilising the night-time capabilities of the Litening TGP infrared modes....except we can’t because they don’t work properly in this build. Please wait for the next patch before re-commencing your training. Have a nice day”. ;)

They will probably be a pre-release thing i would imagine.

You never know though. Here’s hoping.

Oh, and the fact that it’s a 2gb “patch” doesn’t mean what some think. The auto updater isn’t working yet so you are effectively downloading a whole new build, ITUNES style.

But hey, if Steve Jobs does it, it must be cool!

I cant wait for the new beta though. :geek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Yeah I know it wont be top of the list but I can hope :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

1, MAV fix / TGP pod / CBUs

2, TGP slew rate fix

3, Roll rate fix

4, ILS fix

5, Radios (further advance on what we have now, not necessarily voices though)

6, JTAC fixes and documentation

7, Nvidia bugs

This for me would add a lot more to the sim, but it is from a purely selfish point of view. I'm happy with what I've got for now, although a patch would be nice :D

I agree with Coolts. I'm sure they will be concentrating on the hardware related issues first and foremost. The rest will get polished after that.

MP support and mission editor fixes so I start my crazy idea for an MP scenario.

I disagree with Coolts. Because Steve Jobs does something doesn't mean its cool. ^_^

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I would imagine they are working on ALL of it. I'm sure the ED staff are split up into areas of development responsibility and as such are working on their particular area. You can almost work out who's responsible for what by looking at the various ED posts in the threads.

So for me I'm looking for improvements to ALL areas of the sim (or someone is slacking!).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

You can almost work out who's responsible for what by looking at the various ED posts in the threads.....

Do not confuse/attribute ED Testers' posts for input from the Dev team/Programmers ;)

For clarification, navigate to your SP GUI/Mission Editor/Miscellaneous/Credits tab and have a look at who is responsible for what. It's not as simple as it seems when one has regard to the Forums :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

couldnt find the patch at the DCS page, where is he ?

cheers

Jaeger

Which patch????:huh:

Chill guys. We are just sunday daydreaming with our personal wishlists for fixes in the next BETA.

If it was out yet, none of us would be here :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do not confuse/attribute ED Testers' posts for input from the Dev team/Programmers ;)

I wasn't referring to testers which is why I said ED posts. The devs do post. Even clearer is the Credit tabs, thanks.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I just want to be able to fly with my wingman. One who is not nuts and wonders off on his own every 5 mins. I know its being worked on.

To be honest im just glad I can fly at all and that we where blessed with the beta version and that it is already awsome enough for me to practice practice practice.

.:joystick::joystick::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::joystick::joystick:

Don't expect frame rate improvements with the first update; in fact, they could go down for now. Optimization will come later.

Looking forward to the patch, change log and hopefully the GUI manual.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'd take non-graphical improvements over graphical improvements any day :thumbup:

Point is, in the end, frame rates will most likely be better. I just pray that they fix the roll rate, that is my biggest beef with the sim right now haha.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

....I just pray that they fix the roll rate, that is my biggest beef with the sim right now haha.

Remember: It's like eating an Elephant........:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Remember: It's like eating an Elephant........One Bite at a Time!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]